Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Fairly sure they said on Ocean last week that gift cards would be honoured when they re-open.

You have to register on www.hmv.ie with your old voucher number and they will issue a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Perfect! Will do that today:)

Done.
    I see that the trick will be to use it within 2 weeks in any hmv - just wonder when they will open hmv in Sligo.
    Was there ever an option to use it online?

But anyway 100x better than nothing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

That's a bit cute to use it within 2weeks. They should be valid for a year from the date of purchase.

Suppose they might be worried of making no sales/profit in the next few months if it's just vouchers walking in the door.

I think I read somewhere that vouchers are valid up until the expiry date thats clearly printed on them.
    I'd check the 2 week limit with the Consumer Authority. After all, they already have the money!

Just spotted this thread over in Consumer issues: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057023552

• Advertisement

Anyone know what's going on in the old Keohane's building. I see it's been sold and it appears lots of renovation was going on inside it today - saw inside when I was passing as someone went through the shop door.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i see jean scene is re opening in johnstons court shop lookes to be getting refitted

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sligono1 wrote: »
    i see jean scene is re opening in johnstons court shop lookes to be getting refitted

Third times a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going on in the old Keohane's building. I see it's been sold and it appears lots of renovation was going on inside it today - saw inside when I was passing as someone went through the shop door.

Marys of China?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Roger00 wrote: »
    Marys of China?

Yes, the green bamboo shoots of our new economy.

• Advertisement

Roger00 wrote: »
    Marys of China?
    I think thats already open next door to where it used to be!
    I was wonderin' about Keohanes too.

Yes Mary's discount store is open, though in a much reduced capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I see the Food Center (Abbey Foods) is opening in Collooney across from the petrol station is.
    I wonder are they moving there or opening a second outlet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

opening another outlet....think its the fifth one (nationwide).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

dardevle wrote: »

opening another outlet....think its the fifth one (nationwide).

more bulk buying eating for me so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There is a new furniture store opening somewhere in Sligo. I saw an advert in the Sligo Champion that they're looking for staff.

Have no idea where or when it's opening and can't remember the name of the place.

Not much use really!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There is a new furniture store opening somewhere in Sligo. I saw an advert in the Sligo Champion that they're looking for staff.

Have no idea where or when it's opening and can't remember the name of the place.

Not much use really!

I think one opened up beside Currys in the retail park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

source is closed:mad:

will miss that place

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

hugo29 wrote: »
    source is closed:mad:

will miss that place

Wait is source sligo closed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Vlove wrote: »
    Wait is source sligo closed???

seems to be , according to facebook page

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    seems to be , according to facebook page

Jesus, expensive place it was anyway and you werent able to get a seat! Thats a shame :(

Jesus, expensive place it was anyway and you werent able to get a seat! Thats a shame :(

Never been but my significant other has been and wasn't too impressed on the service front.

Not being able to get seats isn't necessarily a sign of business turnover. I wonder how many covers it had lunch and evening?

Bottom line, folk want quality for a reasonable price. Not a lot of money in many many pockets.

Kettleson wrote: »
    Never been but my significant other has been and wasn't too impressed on the service front.

Not being able to get seats isn't necessarily a sign of business turnover. I wonder how many covers it had lunch and evening?

Bottom line, folk want quality for a reasonable price. Not a lot of money in many many pockets.

I was going to go into it one time while i was down town to get lunch and I looked for the price of soup with bread and I was appauled that it was nearly €5. Also the cookery school, u had to pay per class which was an awful pity as I would have loved to have join it. The advantage of it was the baking classes for children in which you paid for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

It is such a pity, it is a lovely place and a great idea, we went with the kids a few times and twice we left because there was nothing suitable for the kids to eat .. another time we waited ages on a service.

I remember going in after the St Patricks Day Parade one year and was able to get a seat without any problem (which was a surprise), the food was nice but service was bit slow.

I was also at a music thing a few weeks ago and was looking forward to getting some bar food or some Tapas.. but they had stopped serving food
    a good hour beforehand

I hope someone else is able to take it over and do something with it.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I was going to go into it one time while i was down town to get lunch and I looked for the price of soup with bread and I was appauled that it was nearly €5.

Soup is 6 in Coach Lane, also too dear:

http://www.coachlane.ie/images/Ala%20Carte%20Coach%20Lane%20.pdf

Coach Lane bar food - soup is 4.50.

Geuze wrote: »
    Soup is 6 in Coach Lane, also too dear:

http://www.coachlane.ie/images/Ala%20Carte%20Coach%20Lane%20.pdf

Coach Lane bar food - soup is 4.50.

I'm guessing here. Coach Lane would have much lower overheads, rent especially, in comparison to Source.

So Coach Lane can continue to provide good/excellent quality food at a "reasonable" price, with fewer covers required, whereas Source needed a much bigger turnover at the same prices and wasn't getting the numbers through to make it possible.

Starting a restaurant is the dodgiest business you can get into to at any time, and in times like these, with significant overheads, it's gotta be "sell 'em cheap, stack "em high" philosophy.

A themed burger bar would have stood a better chance. But who am I to say! I might well be talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bodidly

I liked source and would happily pay €5 for a good hearty bowl of soup, I don't think it's that expensive if it's great quality. I think it will be a great loss to the town, hope they can do something else with it. Another empty premises in the town :-( It was my understanding that the people who had it own the building so I wouldn't think that rent was the problem.

Bodidly wrote: »
    I liked source and would happily pay €5 for a good hearty bowl of soup, I don't think it's that expensive if it's great quality. I think it will be a great loss to the town, hope they can do something else with it. Another empty premises in the town :-( It was my understanding that the people who had it own the building so I wouldn't think that rent was the problem.

Thanks for that and in agreement with you. That's my overheads theory debunked then. Perhaps they "owned" it but had a mortgage on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

are they they same people who own Johnstons Court and Hargadons? ..Hargadons does a great trade .. with mighty food too!

Advertisement