Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

I know it's not exactly a store, and maybe this is the wrong place but has anyone heard that the Crozon Inn is supposed to be opening soon.

Heard that ok, supposed to be people that run Waterfront in the Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

prodsc wrote: »
    Heard that ok, supposed to be people that run Waterfront in the Point.

That's what I heard, hope it's not another false alarm. There's at least one every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So according to todays Champion, 'Mad' in the Johnstons Court, IS the HMV/Xtravision merger.

Does this mean they are operating as Franchises under the owners/busniess' own name.

I think I heard that rumour as well re The Crozen Inn. Was talking about the closed units and pub the other day, when it was mentioned it might be reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So according to todays Champion, 'Mad' in the Johnstons Court, IS the HMV/Xtravision merger.

Does this mean they are operating as Franchises under the owners/busniess' own name.

Then what's happening to the Xtravision store? Seemed like alot of stock was being brought in last week aswell as fittings/refurbishment.

Has Mad opened yet?

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with HMV/Xtravision,this is the guy from Derry who was in trouble with HMV over the name of his store,he changed the name from WAH to MAD in the end. The HMV/Xtravision store merger will be in the existing Wine Street store.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

There's something about Mad, the Xtravision/HMV store and CEX on Sligo today:

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=28178

Explains why half the entrance to the arcade was closed!

With this amount of dvd/cd stores opening within minutes of each other it's nearly a recipe for disaster that one will be gone again this time next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    With this amount of dvd/cd stores opening within minutes of each other it's nearly a recipe for disaster that one will be gone again this time next year!

I was just reading this thread and thinking the same thing!

Absolute madness, can there really be that much of a difference between them? Tesco and Gamestop doing the same thing too practically. Mental.

Also, not really impressed with the new shop across from the cinema, looks like a load of pointless hand made things we just don't need in the town. Bespoke craft is nice and everything but I think we could all get more use out of the shop across from the movies. Best candy by a mile! I used to waddle into the cinema guilty as anything trying to make sure every ounce of goods were stuffed into the back pockets and the cinema staff wouldn't notice! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lornen wrote: »
    I was just reading this thread and thinking the same thing!

Absolute madness, can there really be that much of a difference between them? Tesco and Gamestop doing the same thing too practically. Mental.

Also, not really impressed with the new shop across from the cinema, looks like a load of pointless hand made things we just don't need in the town. Bespoke craft is nice and everything but I think we could all get more use out of the shop across from the movies. Best candy by a mile! I used to waddle into the cinema guilty as anything trying to make sure every ounce of goods were stuffed into the back pockets and the cinema staff wouldn't notice! :pac:

Agreed, I used to love going in there before the cinema, sad to see something from my childhood now closed - haven't been into the new place yet but looked a bit twee from the outside, I can't imagine it would last long, there's quite a few gift shops in Sligo already, for a town of this size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Right, so, was in MAD yesterday - it would have been grand 15 years ago!

I give the place 6 months, tops.

Can you elaborate on that?! Won't be getting near it anytime soon and curious what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in there today.. and thought it was largely quite expensive.

Remember those 80's DVD boxsets that were often in Heatons for €10 - €15 (as below).. they were either €29.99 or €39.99.

80s_movie_club_500.jpg

Xtra-Vision have clearly embraced HMV in that they've lots of Blu-rays in a 3 for €20 promotion.. some great value in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on that?! Won't be getting near it anytime soon and curious what it's like.

Basq has hit the nail on the head with a massive problem - it's insanely expensive. Of the few bits worth buying, you could probably get them from Amazon (or indeed, also from HMV/Xtravision) for a fraction of the price. And that's went you root through what appears to be the dregs of the old HMV's DVD section.

The CD section is so small and crap it's straight up embarrassing.

Wow, that is a bit extortionate. How do they genuinely think that they can survive with those prices?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Is something going in where Jump Juice Bar was? Was in earlier and noticed a bit of work going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I heard today Burger King was to re-open on Castle St?!

Holy God I hope it's true!!

Where sligo kebab house was? I heard there was a takeaway going in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Did any of ye see foleys closed as I just seen it open last week? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Looks like Crozon Inn is opening soon, lots of work going on there!

• Advertisement

Vlove wrote: »
    Did any of ye see foleys closed as I just seen it open last week? :/

Foleys shop on Pearse Rd closed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

That rumours been on the go a while alright.
    Where sligo kebab house was?
    Not there, a few doors down where paint shop used to be.
    prodsc wrote: »
    Foleys shop on Pearse Rd closed last week.
    Whereabouts on Pearse Road is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

thebuzz wrote: »
    Whereabouts on Pearse Road is that?

Opposite the Ulster Bank

No way, that was only open the other day!!

What's the story with Dealz coming then?

And anyone know what's going into the old Keohanes book shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Anyone know the story with the Asian food shop being closed today (by the river near Doorly Park).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Kettleson wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with the Asian food shop being closed today (by the river near Doorly Park).

I didn't even know there was one there! I go to the one near Gallows hill, at the very end of High st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I didn't even know there was one there! I go to the one near Gallows hill, at the very end of High st?

Thanks. Maybe they moved? It was opposite and across from JFK house, beside where the (Riverside?) Hotel used to be. I ain't been in the shop for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

The street in between is called Connolly st. ;)

The one in Connolly st has been there for a while (couple of years), so the riverside one hasn't moved there.

• Advertisement

I heard Crozon Inn was to reopen this week. Wasn't open 4pm today. Any news on this?

Advertisement