Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

They are two different Asian food shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Kettleson wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with the Asian food shop being closed today (by the river near Doorly Park).

They're moving.
    Stung their landlord for six months rent and upped and left two doors down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

They're moving.
    Stung their landlord for six months rent and upped and left two doors down.

Oh dear, if true and unjustified, I very much doubt that I would be taking my custom to them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

never a great shop anyways, not much stock in it.
    if that's true about the rent, it's a very small town to be carrying on like that, especially when that close!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Went past there today, looks like they have lots of stock it's a big store. Is the other one off temple st still open? Need a few bits and would prefer there than the other now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Anyone know if the Yankee candle shop is open this Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Don't think so, MAD is in it place in Johnstons Court, Homestore & More in the retail park do a good range of Yankee Candle stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Keohanes old shop was having work done inside it the other day. Anyone know is it re-opening as something?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

prodsc wrote: »
    I heard Crozon Inn was to reopen this week. Wasn't open 4pm today. Any news on this?

Opened last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

thebuzz wrote: »
    Keohanes old shop was having work done inside it the other day. Anyone know is it re-opening as something?
    Rumour is Burger King.. but can't confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Basq wrote: »
    Rumour is Burger King.. but can't confirm.

That was mentioned here, or on the Chipper Thread I think. Was there not also a mention of it or another takeway moving into where Sligo Kebab House was (man I miss that place).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

New pizza/pasta cafe opened today where Four Star was, looks reasonable and good menu. Called Rugantino, Doesn't seem to have alot of tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

New pizza/pasta cafe opened today where Four Star was, looks reasonable and good menu. Called Rugantino, Doesn't seem to have alot of tables.

Picked up a takeaway menu last week, seems like a nice menu but not much difference in price to bistro. Will try it soon tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Has anyone been in the re-opened Crozon? I'm wondering if they're doing Sunday carverys again.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

I heard Crozon Inn was to reopen this week. Wasn't open 4pm today. Any news on this?

Haven't been in but they hope to start carvery to-morrow I was told. Bar food was served all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

According to their Facebook page, Pet Discount in Quay street car park are closing due to flood damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

According to their Facebook page, Pet Discount in Quay street car park are closing due to flood damage.

I hope they will move to another location in town as it says the shop will not reopen, I don't have a car and it's the only place I can pick up big bags of quality dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Was already mentioned on the general chat thread.

Oh no, for good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Bistro take-away on High Street is re-opening.

• Advertisement

Bistro take-away on High Street is re-opening.

Good news. Bistro bianconi? Is there a Burger King opening on Castle Street?

Yep and has a new oven (same as restaurant now) the wood burning one.

Yep and has a new oven (same as restaurant now) the wood burning one.

That's fab. I wish them the best of luck. Great to hear that. Thanks for that.

No probs. I'm delighted they're back too. Parking on o'connell street on a Friday/Saturday night to run in for a pizza wasn't the easiest and usually the waiting time in my experience was usually between 1hr and 1hr 30 mins, so if they get back to high street with the usually 15-20min wait time and to be able to pull up outside will be great again. Don't think it's going to be too long either.

Is this for takeaway, the same as what was on High Street, or is the whole restaurant moving back there?

Any confirmation for a BK on Castle St, or anything going back into where Sligo Kebab House was?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is this for takeaway, the same as what was on High Street, or is the whole restaurant moving back there?

Yes the takeaway that used to be there before, the restaurant was never on High Street, it was on O'Connell Street originally and then moved to Tobergnal Lane. It was always a takeaway on High Street.

Great.
    There goes my new year diet.
    Welcome back bistro.
    Would love to know the story behind all that messing though.

Great.
    There goes my new year diet.
    Welcome back bistro.
    Would love to know the story behind all that messing though.

No confirmation or prove of this, but heard it was due to increased rates on O'Connell Street, causing them to move on Tobbergal Lane. No idea in regards to the takeaway that used to be on O'Connell Street though.

No where to stop your car legally though on O'Connell street if your are collecting, unless you park on Castle or John Street and run round. Still great to see them back, hopfully they will have the delevery service as well.

Not that I imagine it should make much differnece, but anyone know if its going to be a franchise, the same as thy were on High Street, or if its going to be entirely owned/ran by the same owners of the Restaurant.

I don't have confirmation either but I'm pretty sure that the story in relation to High Street was that the building owner (not the bistro owner) went bankrupt and thus the building had to cease trading. I heard that the bistro continued to pay rent for the duration that it was closed until a new buyer was found in order to ensure they would be the existing tenants and be able to re-open as soon as possible. Happy ending for the bistro and I'm sure it was an incentive for the new owner to buy a building with a good tenant ready to open almost immediately.

No idea on franchises or such though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Drove down O'Connell Street today. Its looking like a right Kip. Pretty embarrassing. Closed shops, dirty paving, and grubby shopfronts. Pitty the shop owners dont take a bit more pride.

Advertisement