Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

thebuzz wrote: »
    "Ali's Kebab Shop and traditional takeaway" opening soon where Borza used to be on Mail Coach Road according to sign in the window.
    Noticed this was now open when I passed by earlier. Someone go and test it out before I have to :).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Noticed this was now open when I passed by earlier. Someone go and test it out before I have to :).

I second this proposal. Where's Urbansea when you need him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

There seemed to be something going on in the old Broderick's store in tesco arcade today, some of the windows have been cleared and noticed men in vis-vests inside. Maybe cex coming at long last?

I also heard there are plans to open a SVP shop on Harmony Hill later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Naydy wrote: »
    There seemed to be something going on in the old Broderick's store in tesco arcade today, some of the windows have been cleared and noticed men in vis-vests inside. Maybe cex coming at long last?

I also heard there are plans to open a SVP shop on Harmony Hill later this year.

It speaks volumes when the only retail businesses opening in Sligo are charity shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

It speaks volumes when the only retail businesses opening in Sligo are charity shops...

Very true :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I see Dealz are advertising for staff in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The Body Shop - it never has any customers and its a relic from the 80 right on brigade. Why is it still open? How is it still open?

I have a fair idea, but am not going to post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Cex in Tesco arcade soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

The Body Shop - it never has any customers and its a relic from the 80 right on brigade. Why is it still open? How is it still open?

I have a fair idea, but am not going to post it here.

Ah go on.... Could be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I see Dealz are advertising for staff in Sligo.
    Where are they advertising and where is that shop going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Where are they advertising and where is that shop going to be?

It's on Donedeal. Don't know which shop, they could have their pick of so many!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Where is Dealz meant to be going in to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Where is Dealz meant to be going in to?

Like was said above, they have their pick of empty units in Sligo!

prodsc wrote: »

Noticed that today when they were continuing with the fit out. Entrance on to O'Connell street, and into the Arcade. Nice paint job facing the street, makes the place look alot tidier. Also noticed the Liber book shop has had a paint job as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

prodsc wrote: »
    That was a bloody long time coming..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Basq wrote: »

They were due to open before the Christmas but apparently asbestos was found during renovations and this held everything up unfortunately.

Link

Carl Scarpa and Wallis both confirmed for Lyons department store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Are CEX ever opening? What's the hold up now? I'd have thought once the paint wasdry that they'd be in but still wasn't open on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Are CEX ever opening? What's the hold up now? I'd have thought once the paint wasdry that they'd be in but still wasn't open on monday.

And I believe people were waiting hours last week to be interviewed in Glasshouse for Dealz but interviewers never turned up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Memories

Something about ESB lines are halting the opening of CeX.
    They were supposed to open Monday three weeks ago, but there is some delay with electricity apparently.
    Should be within the next two weeks, or so it's said.

Or at least, that's what I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

And I believe people were waiting hours last week to be interviewed in Glasshouse for Dealz but interviewers never turned up!!

Over 200 waiting for the interview until glasshouse said they had to leave due to safety concerns!! Dealz never even called the glasshouse to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

O'Briens Sandwich Bar is opening in the old Peter Mark premises under the Rooftop restaurant at the entrance to Wine Street carpark.

New cafe (name escapes me) opened on O'Connell street in the old Bistro building. I believe this is to become a pizzeria too but for now I think itsonly open during the day.

Elverys have bought the old HMV unit in Johnston Court and are going to knock the wall between the 2 store and make one big shop. This came after Lifestyle expressed interest in the old HMV unit so this is Elverys answer to saying 'No Chance'

There's speculation of something opening in the corner unit on O'Connell street opposite the O2 shop.

And has anyone heard anything in the line of plans for something to open beside Centra on Castle St? (opposite Heatons) A couple of the premises seem to have being done up. Is it just so the town doesn't look so dull for when the Fleadh is in town or is there something going in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

bobcar61 wrote: »
    O'Briens Sandwich Bar is opening in the old Peter Mark premises under the Rooftop restaurant at the entrance to Wine Street carpark.

New cafe (name escapes me) opened on O'Connell street in the old Bistro building. I believe this is to become a pizzeria too but for now I think itsonly open during the day.

Elverys have bought the old HMV unit in Johnston Court and are going to knock the wall between the 2 store and make one big shop. This came after Lifestyle expressed interest in the old HMV unit so this is Elverys answer to saying 'No Chance'

There's speculation of something opening in the corner unit on O'Connell street opposite the O2 shop.

And has anyone heard anything in the line of plans for something to open beside Centra on Castle St? (opposite Heatons) A couple of the premises seem to have being done up. Is it just so the town doesn't look so dull for when the Fleadh is in town or is there something going in here?

It's oconnor bros where the old bistro was thats all I know!

bobcar61 wrote: »

Elverys have bought the old HMV unit in Johnston Court and are going to knock the wall between the 2 store and make one big shop.

Can't believe Elvery's are extending into HMV, like how big do you need a store to be? It already has 2 floors with ample space. Bit of a waste imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Vlove wrote: »
    It's oconnor bros where the old bistro was thats all I know!

Nice to see them using the old names, O' Connor Brothers was a shop there years ago.

Can't believe Elvery's are extending into HMV, like how big do you need a store to be? It already has 2 floors with ample space. Bit of a waste imo.

Sportsworld I believe have or are in the process of buying out Elverys. Any UK branch I have been in of theirs, operate either over a huge floor space or over 2/3/4 floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Sportsworld I believe have or are in the process of buying out Elverys. Any UK branch I have been in of theirs, operate either over a huge floor space or over 2/3/4 floors.

I didn't hear anything about Elverys being bought out but it makes sense. Currently Elverys stores are ranked by A, B and C and Sligo is a B store but with this expansion they will become an A store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Mint Sauce wrote: »

That deal was knocked back in favour of an mbo.

That deal was knocked back in favour of an mbo.

An mbo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Management Buy Out

Advertisement