Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Whilst it's yet another discount store, let's look at the positives. It's creating a handful of new jobs at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Whilst it's yet another discount store, let's look at the positives. It's creating a handful of new jobs at least.

You're right Foxy, and I'm not being snobbish but I can't see another discount store offering more to the town as a whole. It will create jobs, and the more the merrier, but it's not offering anything different to what is in Sligo already, and that means it might not draw shoppers to the town, which by extension discourages other business from opening, which means the whole town continues to choke itself. Sligo needs large flagship stores to encourage people to shop here over towns of similar size, that's not happening.

Best of luck to Tiger though, 5 or 10 people happily employed is still a good thing, just a long way off where Sligo could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Heard a story today that Eurogiant are moving from where they are in Johnston Court across the way to where Pamela Scott used to be. (For those that didn't know/notice, Pamela Scott moved into where The Jeans Scene used to be)

I'd welcome that change. Hate going in there and having people get in the way so much in the narrow aisles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Heard a rumour that McHughs Pub is reopening soon, I see there Facebook page had a bit of activity last weekend, changing a few photos. A local told me that one of the former managers is renting it off the banks, anyone hear anything on this?

Its a real shame that its closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Looks like there is activity in the old High St Bistro, hopefully it won't be another pizza place or Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Looks like there is activity in the old High St Bistro, hopefully it won't be another pizza place or Chinese
    I think I heard the other day it's a dry cleaners.

The one across the road is closing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Heard that there is a new vintage clothes store in water (behind shoot the crows)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

McHugh's reopening tonight.

Jodski wrote: »
    Tiger is coming to Quayside soon :-)

In the old Tom Tailer unit maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In the old Tom Tailer unit maybe?
    Tom Tailor was Johnson's Court, wasn't it?

Basq wrote: »
    Tom Tailor was Johnson's Court, wasn't it?

Yeah my mistake , trigger happy tumbes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Vlove wrote: »
    Heard that there is a new vintage clothes store in water (behind shoot the crows)

Water Lane, really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes....I think it's the lady who used to look after the vintage area in Ruby Lane.
    This new shop of her own is really nice.
    Water Lane, really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

johnire wrote: »
    Yes....I think it's the lady who used to look after the vintage area in Ruby Lane.
    This new shop of her own is really nice.

Has she a fb page or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

New place opening on OConnell St? Seen one of the empty units arcross from Penneys all lit up the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Sorry...not sure about that.

Has she a fb page or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    New place opening on OConnell St? Seen one of the empty units arcross from Penneys all lit up the other day.

Where the pop up bar was during the Fleadh. I think it a hairdresser/beauty parlour relocating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

prodsc wrote: »
    Where the pop up bar was during the Fleadh. I think it a hairdresser/beauty parlour relocating.

Yes it's RB hair salon from High Street that is relocating to where Wallis used to be. Wonder are they taking on any new staff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I hear what was the Bella Vista in Strandhill is set to re-open in May. Taken over by 5th on Teeling Street Management. Renovating the place, taking out the ridiculous grandiose staircase and set become a music venue with established acts.

• Advertisement

Renovations going on in the old Jane Norman store. Must be where Tiger is going. Be good to get that shop open again seeing as it's an entrance to the shopping centre.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Renovations going on in the old Jane Norman store. Must be where Tiger is going. Be good to get that shop open again seeing as it's an entrance to the shopping centre.

Spoted a Tiger poster in there the other day. Looking at the website it does look a bit like homestore and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Spoted a Tiger poster in there the other day. Looking at the website it does look a bit like homestore and more.

Nah its much better than Homestore

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Scarlet42

I hear the spar across from the bus stop has been bought by a local shop keeper

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    I hear the spar across from the bus stop has been bought by a local shop keeper

Would be nice to see it open again, but if you're driving, it can be a bit of an inconvenience depending on the time of day.

Nah its much better than Homestore

Do we know when it might be opening? Went by there this morning, and seemed to be progressing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

End of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

loki7777 wrote: »
    End of this month.
    March 25th..

.. looks practically fully stocked up in there this morning already.

Basq wrote: »
    March 25th..

.. looks practically fully stocked up in there this morning already.

They are working quick, seemed well stocked yesterday morning too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

I hope they do really well. Its a good little spot there and they seem to have done the windows really well with their logo at the bottom but plenty of space at the top to see in at what they are selling. Good marketing.

Advertisement