Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Thérapie Clinic, a laser and skin clinic, and its sister company Optilase, a laser eye surgery clinic, are opening their doors in Sligo on the 4th of June.
    The new facility is opening on O’Connell Street in the unit formerly occupied by The Body Shop.
    The opening will create 13 new jobs for the local area with Thérapie Clinic hiring 10 new staff and Optilase taking on 3 local people.
    Sligo is the 14th opening for the business which employs 200 staff at 13 clinics across Ireland.

From Ocean fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Dies anyone know what's moving into the Sligo Electrical store in Johnstons Court? Alot of renovations going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Dies anyone know what's moving into the Sligo Electrical store in Johnstons Court? Alot of renovations going on.

There was a notice up lookin for staff a while back. Think it's a kids clothes store

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jodski

New Therapie Clinic (laser & skincare) and Optilase Clinic (laser eye surgery) opening on O'Connell Street in former Body Shop building. 14 new jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Jodski wrote: »
    New Therapie Clinic (laser & skincare) and Optilase Clinic (laser eye surgery) opening on O'Connell Street in former Body Shop building. 14 new jobs.

Any indication when. Bodyshop isn't closed that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

June I think I seen somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any indication when. Bodyshop isn't closed that long.

I'd you just look back a few posts where I provided info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gipo3 wrote: »
    I'd you just look back a few posts where I provided info

Jodski must have missed that one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mayoabc

Would anybody have an idea if the 17 new positions for penneys have been filled yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

mayoabc wrote: »
    Would anybody have an idea if the 17 new positions for penneys have been filled yet?

Where they looking for new staff or just summer staff? Any link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

loki7777 wrote: »
    Where they looking for new staff or just summer staff? Any link?

I've been following their careers page for months now and they never list any vacancies for Sligo. I checked on a daily basis. Always Letterkenny and Mary St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I've been following their careers page for months now and they never list any vacancies for Sligo. I checked on a daily basis. Always Letterkenny and Mary St.

They are fully staffed. I handed in a CV the other day.

Mugatuu wrote: »
    They are fully staffed. I handed in a CV the other day.

Did they take your CV? when i went in with one i was told it was apply online only and they don't accept CVs.

I saw an article on the Buisness&Leadership website last month about 17 new positions opening but i never saw the jobs going up online so just wondered if the positions were filled.

Would anyone know of any upcoming retail jobs in Sligo? I have put CVs in everywhere, ive just finished college and hope to move up asap? Thanks

Would anyone know of any upcoming retail jobs in Sligo? I have put CVs in everywhere, ive just finished college and hope to move up asap? Thanks

I saw a notice on H Samuals window a few days ago, I think it said 'We're hiring, enquire within'.

Apart from that, no, looking myself to no avail and I have 8 years retail experience at managerial level.

Its very quiet job wise, i saw sara is closing down soon!

Its very quiet job wise, i saw sara is closing down soon!

That has actually lasted way longer than I ever thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

I noticed Aldi are hiring for people able to work 15-35 hrs per week.

prodsc wrote: »

Have they signs up in store? I looked on their website last week and Sligo wasn't listed.

prodsc wrote: »

Thanks ill apply now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Have they signs up in store? I looked on their website last week and Sligo wasn't listed.

YES, signs in store yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Any Sligo foodies know who had the restaurant "Source" and if they are planning to open something similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

I know its not in Sligo but a new café has opened at Glencar Waterfall.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Glencar-Teashed/1455230351442736?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

ate in draft house at weekend which recently opened in strandhill, food was really good and well priced, nice decor i'll def be back!

promethius wrote: »
    ate in draft house at weekend which recently opened in strandhill, food was really good and well priced, nice decor i'll def be back!

Nice one! What is their selection of craft beers like,is there a good selection available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Nice one! What is their selection of craft beers like,is there a good selection available?

Not massive, but a decent enough range of craft beers. Couldn't get any food. they stopped serving cos the kitchen was too busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Not massive, but a decent enough range of craft beers. Couldn't get any food. they stopped serving cos the kitchen was too busy
    Thats a bad start. Very amateur.
    Surely they could only take as many orders as they had seats for, and the kitchen couldn't handle a full house ????

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

red sean wrote: »
    Very amateur.

Welcome to Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Welcome to Sligo.
    Been here a hell of a long time now, but thanks for the welcome anyway! :D

Advertisement