Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Geuze wrote: »
    .... Selling tea for 1.20 won't make enough to pay the landlord the 1,154 asking rent per week.

Well, the wife told me about a greasy spoon type cafe the other day called chit-Chat cafe the other day up by John Street somewhere - mug of Tea for a quid and cheap fry ups, that sounds more like it, gonna have to give that a try out one day i reckon :D

Janine87 wrote: »
    Id be sooo happy if they open Mars and Spencer in Johnston Court! That would make my day!:D

M&S could easily go where Old Source Sligo Building is, how fab would that be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

M&S could easily go where Old Source Sligo Building is, how fab would that be?
    Not, not fab at all!
    Overpriced pomposity?

Do we need more of that here?

some new fast food place is opening up (tomorrow- Fri I think it said on poster on window) in Wine Street car park sorry a bit sketchy on the details i should have made more of an effort to look as I was walking past or got a photo but it was raining. Its just a bit up from Hertz rentacar on that side - seems like they have some good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Well, the wife told me about a greasy spoon type cafe the other day called chit-Chat cafe the other day up by John Street somewhere - mug of Tea for a quid and cheap fry ups, that sounds more like it, gonna have to give that a try out one day i reckon :D

If I'm right in remembering correctly; that place is on Charles street, just up the hill off John street. it's quite small, but does really nice food. The guys in there are great, nice and friendly. They've been open since at least the first of the 2 Fleadh's held here.
    some new fast food place is opening up (tomorrow- Fri I think it said on poster on window) in Wine Street car park sorry a bit sketchy on the details i should have made more of an effort to look as I was walking past or got a photo but it was raining. Its just a bit up from Hertz rentacar on that side - seems like they have some good prices

That must be the new Thai place I heard was opening up a few weeks back. Looking forward to it myself! Also, I never knew there was a Hertz in town?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

If I'm right in remembering correctly; that place is on Charles street, just up the hill off John street. it's quite small, but does really nice food. The guys in there are great, nice and friendly. They've been open since at least the first of the 2 Fleadh's held here.

That must be the new Thai place I heard was opening up a few weeks back. Looking forward to it myself! Also, I never knew there was a Hertz in town?! :confused:

The Fast Food place(takeaway, called Spice Grill I think) is where the Fish place was. The Thai place is across the car park under Panda. Work seems very slow there

That must be the new Thai place I heard was opening up a few weeks back. Looking forward to it myself! Also, I never knew there was a Hertz in town?!

No its not the Thai place, that's opening up next to the Adelaide pub, underneath the Chinese restaurant isn't it? - no this fast food place opening up is right near to rooftop restaurant entrance, in that row. Near where the country food shop used to be there.

prodsc wrote:
    The Fast Food place(takeaway, called Spice Grill I think)

Haha, spice grill good name! ...... let's hope its not scary spice! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

sligoblue wrote: »
    Ah, surely you are not saying that the 74% is profit? Think about your Head Chef friends wages, waiting staff, income tax, employers PRSI, rent, rates, insurance,electricity,water etc. If it was as easy as making 74% net every time you sold a pie and chips, restaurants/cafes would never close.

I never called it profit.

I called it gross margin, which is what it is.

The net margin / net profit is after all expenses, which you list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Geuze wrote: »
    I never called it profit.

I called it gross margin, which is what it is.

The net margin / net profit is after all expenses, which you list.

You did, but in food sales the gross margin is pretty irrelevant because the other costs are more than the raw materials. You're paying as much for the service than the product and that's where the real costs lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Not, not fab at all!
    Overpriced pomposity?

Do we need more of that here?

Delicious pomposity if it has an M&S food hall.

Work going on in where Cross Sections used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Work going on in where Cross Sections used to be.
    Gerry McGuire's is moving in there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭DenMan

There is a JCB digging out at the Adelaide in the Wine St carpark. It seems to be the downstairs part of it. They have it sealed off to the public. Maybe new owners are doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Had breakfast in a new cafe in Collooney this morning. Called Nook. Just opened today. Between this place, Feed in Riverstown and Pudding Row in Easkey there are some great new places to eat outside of Sligo town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Saw work going on in the Source building yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Saw the shop on the corner of Chapel Street and Mercy Hill opened up yesterday. That's been closed for what feels like forever.

ooh very interezting!! - wonder what?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Another cafe me thinks?

Another cafe me thinks?

oh Jeez! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Its just what the town needs.

We went here for a staff do, and it was briliiant. It was an old factory in cork that was converted. It worked because it was big, over three floors and was great craic to race on. Oh, and it was in the city.

You'd need to be looking at a vacant factory in the town, like that one next to Stiefel. Its big, but only on one floor though. Then its easy to draw people. Skreen was too far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

It's not a store though is it? :o

We went

for a staff do, and it was briliiant. It was an old factory in cork that was converted. It worked because it was big, over three floors and was great craic to race on. Oh, and it was in the city.

You'd need to be looking at a vacant factory in the town, like that one next to Stiefel. Its big, but only on one floor though. Then its easy to draw people. Skreen was too far away.

Did you mean to reply to my thread about sligo needing a bowling alley and go karting? :)

Did you mean to reply to my thread about sligo needing a bowling alley and go karting? :)

Probably.......

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Its the film crew that were down at Dehy meats least week that are working in Source this week. Dont think it will be opening any time soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

mano79 wrote: »
    Its the film crew that were down at Dehy meats least week that are working in Source this week. Dont think it will be opening any time soon

Ya it's the Halal Daddy film crew using Source as a location for filming so a temporary usage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

mano79 wrote: »

They are filming a car crash scene this afternoon. Boy did they cause some traffic jam, Finisklin was gridlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

T-Bird wrote: »
    They are filming a car crash scene this afternoon. Boy did they cause some traffic jam, Finisklin was gridlocked.

Total gridlock. Took me 40 minutes to get back to work after lunch, when it's normally 5 minutes.
    The only way into Finisklin was from the Strandhill road because of the one way system going on at Bruss too. Was absolute chaos and nobody there to direct traffic or even put up a detour sign.

• Advertisement

Think i heard today that connolly volkswagen are gonna open up in collooney and create some jobs

Advertisement