Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

I heard it will be a Mercedes garage. How are they doing it, hope they won't be the next big name to collapse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I heard it will be a Mercedes garage. How are they doing it, hope they won't be the next big name to collapse?

They are very expensive

They are very expensive

Thats how they can afford to expand! Hope some of the McCormacks staff will get a chance of a job there!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Jez some of very negative there.best of luck to them with there be venture.it will create employment from the building right to staff for a new garage.

sligono1 wrote: »
    Jez some of very negative there.best of luck to them with there be venture.it will create employment from the building right to staff for a new garage.

Yes, as I said I hope some of the staff from mccormacks will get a chance of an interview there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Plazaman wrote: »
    Ya it's the Halal Daddy film crew using Source as a location for filming so a temporary usage

Just a bit more on this, Colm Meaney was there filming today. I saw him standing outside chatting to someone in the rain. He was wearing a business suit obviously for the filming, and black sunglasses so he wouldnt get noticed... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Yes, as I said I hope some of the staff from mccormacks will get a chance of an interview there!

what will be a shame is that because the ones who have lost their jobs with mcCormacks go for an interview with this new place it could mean that others that might have wanted to go for the vacations wont get a look in now, so it might not necessarily get other people out of un-employment if you know what I mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

what will be a shame is that because the ones who have lost their jobs with mcCormacks go for an interview with this new place it could mean that others that might have wanted to go for the vacations wont get a look in now, so it might not necessarily get other people out of un-employment if you know what I mean?

The Filling stations are likely to re-open again under new management don't forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The real shame is that if it's gone into administation they could be up to 9 months waiting for their last pay packet and holiday money that they are due. Happened to me a few years ago working in another dealership. Ended up missing a mortgage repayment and it's meant that my credit rating is screwed despite having caught up on the mortgage when I eventually did get paid.

Jayop wrote: »
    The real shame is that if it's gone into administation they could be up to 9 months waiting for their last pay packet and holiday money that they are due. Happened to me a few years ago working in another dealership. Ended up missing a mortgage repayment and it's meant that my credit rating is screwed despite having caught up on the mortgage when I eventually did get paid.

that dont seem fair does it?, especially as it was out of your hands and not your fault. - did you not try to explain your predicament with your bank/mortgage provider and see if they could be more flexible/accommodating?

• Advertisement

Plazaman wrote: »
    Ya it's the Halal Daddy film crew using Source as a location for filming so a temporary usage

13479726_10209217192960738_64588650_n.jpg?oh=ec150d8fba05244485c2853ce4c1a523&oe=5764E931

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

that dont seem fair does it?, especially as it was out of your hands and not your fault. - did you not try to explain your predicament with your bank/mortgage provider and see if they could be more flexible/accommodating?

They were sound at the time. Rang me every month, very pleasant and never stressed me out about the missed payment because they knew that I had that money coming. I tried to get a car loan a few years later though and it was turned down because of that incident despite the money being paid back. The missed repayment had gone to the credit check crowd. I was able to get a loan from a high interest crowd who will give loans to more risky people. I didn't bother then because the rates were nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

dk1979 wrote: »
    I see Camile Thai is opening up in Sligo in May. I think it is Take Out only and is doing very well in Dublin!

Good to see something new coming to town!

https://www.facebook.com/Camile-Thai-Sligo-1700019600287820/

Any sign of this place opening? I'm getting hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Any sign of this place opening? I'm getting hungry.

Work seems to have stopped. There is a planning application for work at rear, unless that is holding it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

I was wondering why i couldnt find it on friday!

dk1979 wrote: »
    I see Camile Thai is opening up in Sligo in May. I think it is Take Out only and is doing very well in Dublin!

Good to see something new coming to town!

https://www.facebook.com/Camile-Thai-Sligo-1700019600287820/

Brilliant! Everyone's going to call it Camel Toe, aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Now they are.

i will be different and most probably call it camikazee with my poor memory :D (yep i know ive spelt it wrong)

prodsc wrote: »
    Work seems to have stopped. There is a planning application for work at rear, unless that is holding it up.

they should do what nearly everyone seems to do in Ireland, or sligo at least .... build the thing and apply for planning application at a later date :D

Speedwell wrote: »
    Now they are.

:cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Geuze wrote: »
    The asking rent for O'Connors was 60k, or 5,000 per month.
    [/B]

The actual rent agreed by Vittos is 57,000 pa, 5% less than the 60k asked.

57,000 pa

4,750 pm

1,096 pw

I wish them well.

Geuze wrote: »
    The actual rent agreed by Vittos is 57,000 pa, 5% less than the 60k asked.

57,000 pa

4,750 pm

1,096 pw

I wish them well.

:eek: Bloody hell! - at the end of the day its only Sligo Town!! - ideas above their station some of the asking price for rent in Sligo the LL's are looking for. No wonder a lot of places go under!

Was told last night Camile Thai will open at the end of August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Mountain Warehouse has opened a shop in O'Connell Street.

Heard today that Lild is opening up in a few months where Brooks Hanley used to be and there is an Aldi planned for across the road for where it will be going. Much better location if it does come about, hopefully there'll be more thought put into the planning, parking, etc. Would the widening of the bridge mean that places like this possibly might develop in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Few months that's optimistic!! the timber yard is it?? Sure the crowd doing the piping and works.over past brooks are using that yard as a compound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Are they going to keep the existing shops going as well?

Heard today that Lild is opening up in a few months where Brooks Hanley used to be and there is an Aldi planned for across the road for where it will be going. Much better location if it does come about, hopefully there'll be more thought put into the planning, parking, etc. Would the widening of the bridge mean that places like this possibly might develop in the area?

im liking the sound of this rumour - parking at ALDI sometimes is a complete nightmare, depending when you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

If this is anything other than a rumour, why have they not applied for planning permission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

That rumour has been making the rounds since Aldi opened in Cranmore. This one is definitely a see (planning permission sign outside site) before believing. Needless to say it would turn the 2 Finisklin junctions into a nightmare because of the a-holes that are Sligo drivers.

Advertisement