Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

mcgiggles wrote: »
    There will ALWAYS be people who can afford to buy a Mercedes :)

(I am not one of them! Though I wouldn't drive one anyways even if I COULD afford one!:))

what would you drive? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Dunno really, I'm quite fussy when it comes to cars, and not really into big flashy "look at me" cars, tbh I'd check a lad out in a tractor before I'd check him out in a Merc :) Maybe an Audi, but they are expensive for what they are (and a tad boring inside). I like how Hyundai's are looking these days. ix35's are pretty cool.

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Dunno really, I'm quite fussy when it comes to cars, and not really into big flashy "look at me" cars, tbh I'd check a lad out in a tractor before I'd check him out in a Merc :) Maybe an Audi, but they are expensive for what they are (and a tad boring inside). I like how Hyundai's are looking these days. ix35's are pretty cool.

im the same TBH - If i were suddenly become rich I wouldnt go flashy car either - Id go practical I reckon , something easy to to drive and park would be more important to me, but something with a bigger engine (only stick to small 1ltr-1100 cars purely because of tax and insurance and economy/petrol - but if rich wouldnt have to worry on that side of thing so more choice)

One requirement though is everything gadgety in the car would have to be in it, the whole works , Sat Nav entertainment system , heated seats, heated steering wheel, parking cameras, all bells and whistles - basically anything electronic/gadgety that can be added to a car outside and in, added!

Wouldnt mind considering a fully Electric or Hybrid either rather than conventional petrol.

Sorry peeps to go off topic, it just got me thinking. - will go back on topic next post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

People after my own heart. I'd restore vintage tractors if I had the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wouldn't drive a Merc my self either, although would be quite happy in a three door Audi A1 if won the Lotto this weekend.

Getting back to stores opening, see Insomnia is opening in the Quayside, on thr outdoor pedestrian section. Yay, another coffee shop.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Anyone know what's going into the building previously occupied by The Ulster Bank on Pearse Road?

It has the big windows of a shop or cafe (which this town so obviously needs...............:wassat:) but haven't gone by in a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr. Price opening where Smyths was in Cleveragh Retail Park... big sign up already!

Basq wrote: »
    Mr. Price opening where Smyths was in Cleveragh Retail Park... big sign up already!
    Is it like another version of Dealz? (Haven't heard of them so this is a serious question :))

Don't know much about them to be honest.

Look similar enough to Dealz but not exactly all 1.49. But they do sell branded products at quite a reduction.

You can see some prices on the website linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭DenMan

When did Smyths leave Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

DenMan wrote: »

Moved to Sligo Retail Park

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DenMan wrote: »

I had the same reaction until I realised he was on about their old store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Don't know much about them to be honest.

Look similar enough to Dealz but not exactly all 1.49. But they do sell branded products at quite a reduction.

You can see some prices on the website linked.
    as said similar to dealz

usually have a short dates on them.

Interestingly, they were refused planning permission 2 years ago for the same store..

http://sligoweekender.ie/2014/09/25/change-use-toy-store-refused/

Brilliant news - I went to Mr Price in Athlone a couple of weeks ago, first time ive been in one, found it to be a great store. And that old Smyths is quite a big space so it should be a great size store

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Does this put into the question the ruling with homestore over selling smaller goods could we see a loosening of the tight grip the chamber cronies have had on things

sligono1 wrote: »
    Does this put into the question the ruling with homestore over selling smaller goods could we see a loosening of the tight grip the chamber cronies have had on things

I doubt it because Homestore is up Carraroe Retail park and Mr Price will be in Cleaveragh retail park - different rules for each I think if you look into things

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Well that's a complete joke so,there both out of town retail parks.can you explain the exact planning differences or is it just hear say??

sligono1 wrote: »
    Well that's a complete joke so,there both out of town retail parks.can you explain the exact planning differences or is it just hear say??

Not too sure about all the details, someone more qualified into planning would be able to answer question beter , but I think its because cleaveragh bp is nearer to the town centre and has different planning rules to carraroe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone know when they are opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Open yet?

Open yet?
    Nope, big ol' truck in car park saying "Coming Soon" on it.... it did say "Now Open" until someone realised their mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Lads, i emailed Mr Price and they said that the Sligo Store is due to open on the 1st of December, Im getting excited now haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Vlove wrote: »
    Lads, i emailed Mr Price and they said that the Sligo Store is due to open on the 1st of December, Im getting excited now haha!

A shame there is no cafe over there these days.

A shame there is no cafe over there these days.
    Sure theres costa up there, is that not a cafe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Sure theres costa up there, is that not a cafe?

They're talking about Cleveragh, not Carraroe

cracking little cafe that was in the cleaveragh retail park

The only problem with that place was that it was expensive and some of the staff members werent that nice.

• Advertisement

The only problem with that place was that it was expensive and some of the staff members werent that nice.
    IMO, none of the staff in Pepper Alley or it's offshoots were that nice... maybe it was a reflection of management.

Advertisement