Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The planning notice on the door of the old ESB building says it's for a coffee shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Cos we don't have enough of those lol... Speaking of coffee shops, anyone been in Insomnia yet? How was the service? It was shocking the day we were in, but it was not long open so was hoping it was just cos everyone was new. It took her like 10 mins to put the order in the till. 3 hot chocolates and a tea. Not that difficult. I actually heard who bought the ESB building at the weekend and I can't for the life of me remember who now.. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sligojoek wrote: »
    The planning notice on the door of the old ESB building says it's for a coffee shop
    Ah, the rumour was true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

with my sceptical hat on now I am beginning to think there is some kind of secret incentives offered if you want to open up a cafe or coffee shop in Sligo now, it used to be shoe shops and clothes shops but all I can think now is there must be a goldmine in coffee now , something i dont know about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

I can think now is there must be a goldmine in coffee now , something i dont know about

course there is... cost per cup 50c (including takeaway cup)... charge min €2. Pretty sure its the most profitable part of a petrol station

• Advertisement

overshoot wrote: »
    course there is... cost per cup 50c (including takeaway cup)... charge min €2. Pretty sure its the most profitable part of a petrol station

yep, sounds right - what a markup. Think I will open up a coffee shop now in town, buy me jars of coffee from ALDI or LIDL - not many will be able tell the difference - kerching!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Mr price has opened. Big store. Prices not amazingly cheap but huge selection compared to dealz and eurogiant

barneyrub wrote: »
    Mr price has opened. Big store. Prices not amazingly cheap but huge selection compared to dealz and eurogiant

cool - I have to go into this as soon as!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are McCormicks back in operation, or atleast their homeheating oil. Got a promo text today from them, with up coming offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Massive place but not a whole lot different from a standard EuroGiant / Dealz.. better selection mind. Good ol' big bags of Bombay Mix for €1.50.

• Advertisement

Very bad feedback from customers on their FB page, particularly concerning rude staff and lack of toilet facilities at some of their other branches. Heating for the staff and customers instore is non existent at some stores as well. Hopefully the Sligo one is the exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Are McCormicks back in operation, or atleast their homeheating oil. Got a promo text today from them, with up coming offers.

Not sure about the oil, but the garage in Finasklin has a let sign on it now.

Could be the liquidators trying to squeeze a bit of winter business out of the oil part of the company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Could be the liquidators trying to squeeze a bit of winter business out of the oil part of the company

From a non existent business that's been wound up with all their assets sold off?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Basq wrote: »
    Massive place but not a whole lot different from a standard EuroGiant / Dealz.. better selection mind. Good ol' big bags of Bombay Mix for €1.50.
    No not a huge pile of difference but a much much better selection of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

They opened up in a huge store recently in Letterkenny. "Branded goods at discount prices" was the cry. I walked in and right back out after one tour. Utter cheap crap at not even that great a price. What a wasted opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

From a non existent business that's been wound up with all their assets sold off?

Any yet ironically posted a flyer through my door today saying they are selling oil again at mail coach road.

Amazing what bankruptcy can do isn't it?

Its clearly the same crowd, since they're using their original contacts database to message people again............

Any yet ironically posted a flyer through my door today saying they are selling oil again at mail coach road.

Amazing what bankruptcy can do isn't it?

Its clearly the same crowd, since they're using their original contacts database to message people again............
    I bet they're praying for frost

I bet they're praying for frost

What if you order a lot of oil off them and they go bust (again) and dont deliver it, I would be wary personally meself placing an order with them tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What if you order a lot of oil off them and they go bust (again) and dont deliver it, I would be wary personally meself placing an order with them tbh

Use a credit card and your credit card company will have to refund you the money. That isn't the same for debit cards mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Safest thing is don't order from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Eh.. Why would anyone pay for oil before it's in the tank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Yeah I wouldn't pay them a penny till the hose was back out of the tank :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

New shoe shop where the wee (centra?) shop was down from the Mercy College. Just saw it in passing the other day! Blinds in the windows of old Ulster bank look officey! Anyone hear anything since about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

New signage going up on the old Abrekebabra going up today, can't remember the name but it seemed like it could be another kebab/chipper.

prodsc wrote: »
    New signage going up on the old Abrekebabra going up today, can't remember the name but it seemed like it could be another kebab/chipper.

Noticed that today. Also seen the old Bistro Restaurant/OConnell Bros/what ever its last name was, now has another new name over the door. Had a look at the menu the other day, looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Noticed that today. Also seen the old Bistro Restaurant/OConnell Bros/what ever its last name was, now has another new name over the door. Had a look at the menu the other day, looks interesting.

Indulge is new name for old Bistro/O'Connor Bros/Vittos!

Old Abrekebra might be Top Knosh?

prodsc wrote: »
    Indulge is new name for old Bistro/O'Connor Bros/Vittos!

Old Abrekebra might be Top Knosh?

Top Knosh...

Might be an excuse to bump the old chipper thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Any update on the camille Thai place supposed to be opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Menu for Indulge is on their facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Indulge-Restaurant-1643573179001646/

Advertisement