Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Any update on the camille Thai place supposed to be opening 4 months ago?

FTFY

Can't see it opening anymore myself, if it's not already there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

[QUOTE

Old Abrekebra might be Top Knosh?[/QUOTE]

It's Top Taste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

prodsc wrote:
    Indulge is new name for old Bistro/O'Connor Bros/Vittos!

I only hope they didn't keep the same servers as they had in Vittos. Worst service ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

prodsc wrote: »
    [QUOTE

Old Abrekebra might be Top Knosh?

It's Top Taste![/QUOTE]

Quite a bit of work going on couple days this week and last there, appeared close to opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

One of the staff in Lidl told me that they are opening a new store in Sligo. There was similar talk on here a while back. Anyone else hear anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

One of the staff in Lidl told me that they are opening a new store in Sligo. There was similar talk on here a while back. Anyone else hear anything?

oooh veeery interezting! - I only heard once about an (not open to the public) distribution centre in finniskillin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

No planning application lodged so that story is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I heard this and posted about it a few months back. I was told by a friend who is involved in the design of a potential project at the Old Mill, that there was an either an Aldi or Lidl separately planned for the area. All was subject to planning, which I don't think has been applied for yet.

I heard this and posted about it a few months back. I was told by a friend who is involved in the design of a potential project at the Old Mill, that there was an either an Aldi or Lidl separately planned for the area. All was subject to planning, which I don't think has been applied for yet.

wheres the old mill ?

wheres the old mill ?

Somewhere around where the old Brooks timber yard was I think, he mentioned that place when telling me.

• Advertisement

I see there's a planning application in to change the old ESB building into a a coffee shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not from Sligo but down here in Cork Lidl are applying to demolish certain stores and rebuild them with a more energy efficient, large store, public toilets and their two stories(second floors for storage/staff Some of these stores only opened in 2006. They've done this with a few others around the country!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I see there's a planning application in to change the old ESB building into a a coffee shop

If there's one thing Sligo needs more of, it's coffee shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

If there's one thing Sligo needs more of, it's coffee shops.
    Yeah, I had to walk for a whole 30 seconds yesterday till I found one. Its outrageous.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Yeah, I had to walk for a whole 30 seconds yesterday till I found one. Its outrageous.

30 seconds?!?!?! You wouldn't see the likes of that in a third world country.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm not from Sligo but down here in Cork Lidl are applying to demolish certain stores and rebuild them with a more energy efficient, large store, public toilets and their two stories(second floors for storage/staff Some of these stores only opened in 2006. They've done this with a few others around the country!
    I noticed yesterday there was an auctioneers SOLD sign on a gate as you enter LIDL past the bottle banks. They could be expanding in there.

Am I imagining it or did I really see another new cafe today in Stephens St. Car park beside the Garavogue?

Heard recently that the vacant unfinished apartment block behind the Glasshouse is to be converted into 26 cafes, 16 hairdressers and a fish shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ That's Blind Tiger... coffee shop by day, cocktail bar by night.

But am starting to think cocktail bar's are the new cafes in Sligo...

New Barbers being fitted in Johnsons Court. Underneath Costa where the Ice Cream/Smoothy counter was.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    New Barbers being fitted in Johnsons Court. Underneath Costa where the Ice Cream/Smoothy counter was.

lets hope Costa dont have a leaky barista machine, someone underneath having their barnet done and milky chokka mocha latte starts dripping down their face :D

lets hope Costa dont have a leaky barista machine, someone underneath having their barnet done and milky chokka mocha latte starts dripping down their face :D

Free Coffee with every haircut though.

could be worse I suppose, the barbers could be *above* Costa's and then people would find hair in their coffee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

https://www.oceanfm.ie/2017/02/28/major-sligo-town-development-hopes-to-attract-post-brexit-business/

Finally some work to be done with the old ESB building on the corner of castle street

ryanch09 wrote: »
    https://www.oceanfm.ie/2017/02/28/major-sligo-town-development-hopes-to-attract-post-brexit-business/

Finally some work to be done with the old ESB building on the corner of castle street

Couple of my wife's Photo's on them large windows there facing the street - shame they be gone soon.

Ah well at least it wont be another café :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Couple of my wife's Photo's on them large windows there facing the street - shame they be gone soon.

Lol, shows how much I know, I thought they had moved in early last year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Are they photos of your wife or by your wife? :D

Might swing by tomorrow for a look.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are they photos of your wife or by your wife? :D .....

Good point haha, photos, taken by my wife :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Modern tyres advertising for staff look to be opening a sligo depot.

• Advertisement

I hear there's a new gym opening on Union Street

Advertisement