Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

This is what is opening.

https://m.facebook.com/Jalan-Jalan-Sligo-1901821990088262/

Looks good. There will ba an Asian invasion in Sligo if Camelie Thai still plans to open in the Adelaide centre.

That's good and Asian Invasion rhymes as well. Be a great name for a restaurant too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

That's good and Asian Invasion rhymes as well. Be a great name for a restaurant too :D

"Miso hungry, me love you longtime" would be better (reference to the film Full Metal Jacket just to clarify).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

O Neill's bar on The Mall to open again shortly.
    Can't see it doing well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Henlars67 wrote: »
    O Neill's bar on The Mall to open again shortly.
    Can't see it doing well though

A Sligo person said to me last week

""Galway has a can-do attitude, while Sligo has a can't-do attitude"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Should rename O'Neill's bar to be "Well, At Least It's Not As Bad As The Leitrim"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Basq wrote: »
    Should rename O'Neill's bar to be "Well, At Least It's Not As Bad As The Leitrim"..

The leitrim peeps mightnt like what you said there ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's been a while since there was any connection between that pub and Leitrim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

any developments with Camille coming to Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

They're bringing Camels to Sligo instead. They'll be parked on O'Connell Street. 2 euro for a Camel ride around the City loop.

mewe wrote: »
    They're bringing Camels to Sligo instead. They'll be parked on O'Connell Street. 2 euro for a Camel ride around the City loop.

I could say something rude about camel toes,but I won't! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

mewe wrote: »

€2 return to Galway is great value. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Applegreen Signage now up on their new Mail Coach Rd Forecourt. Also seen a couple of protesters down that way too earlier, some reference to McCormicks on their placards. Could not make out any more at time as driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Applegreen Signage now up on their new Mail Coach Rd Forecourt. Also seen a couple of protesters down that way too earlier, some reference to McCormicks on their placards. Could not make out any more at time as driving.

Herd this a while back full job to be done in store can't remember but I think I was told either subway or supremacs was going in there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

sligono1 wrote: »
    Herd this a while back full job to be done in store can't remember but I think I was told either subway or supremacs was going in there too

I heard it was Burger King going in, although Supermacs seems more likely. It'd be nice to have a Burger King back in the town again though

Subway, as per one or two other posts on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I passed by there just now. They're protesting outside mcCormacks oil beside the filling station. The placards read "McCormacks not to be trusted ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

sligojoek wrote:
    I passed by there just now. They're protesting outside mcCormacks oil beside the filling station. The placards read "McCormacks not to be trusted ".

Pretty sure thats to do with a guy who's son bought a car off them, only for it to die 2 days later and when he went back they told him to take a hike. Saw a post on fb about it yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Pretty sure thats to do with a guy who's son bought a car off them, only for it to die 2 days later and when he went back they told him to take a hike. Saw a post on fb about it yesterday!
    Not to mention all the suppliers and services left unpaid. Apparently a McCormack family member has bought it if rumour can be trusted.

sligojoek wrote: »

Was down that way again today, seen him out, slowed for a closer look. Seen the FB post that McGiggles referenced since as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Burger King supposedly opening where Molly's Diner was across the river from the Glasshouse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

sligojoek wrote: »

They ran up nearly 10 million in debt on fuel sales and went into receivership as a result. They knew it was coming too and cleared out any decent stock they had from the forecourt in Carraroe the Sunday before the receivers turned up.

In typical oirish fashion, they've set up another business again selling oil.

They're using the same name for the business and its the same gang, and thinking they can just shrug off what's happened. I dare say they're delighted that they can wash their hands of any obligations they had in terms of after sales or warranties on anything they've sold. They weren't banking on yer man to be protesting though.

So yeah, they're a bunch of crooks and not to be trusted. I certainly wouldn't buy oil from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Applegreen MCR has a Subway and a Bakewell. Not sure about a shop...not the biggest floor space for a sizeable shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

The McCormacks service garage in Finisklin was getting a lick of paint the other day too, looks like that'll be re-opening. Hope they paid the painters.

Did any of their old staff get jobs back in the reopened outlets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

ectoraige wrote: »
    The McCormacks service garage in Finisklin was getting a lick of paint the other day too, looks like that'll be re-opening. Hope they paid the painters.

I think Sligo Fuels (McPartland)are in there. At least I saw one of their trucks in there when i was walking past it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

ectoraige wrote: »

Modern tyres were going moving in there heard they had pulled out but maybe deal on again??
    Sligo could do with a decent tyre depot

Modern tyres were going moving in there heard they had pulled out but maybe deal on again??
    Sligo could do with a decent tyre depot

I've nearly always got mine from the place on Pearse Rd, across from the Barracks. Good quality ones as well, not budgets or Chinese Rubber.

T-Bird wrote: »
    I think Sligo Fuels (McPartland)are in there. At least I saw one of their trucks in there when i was walking past it today.

In the old Opel service centre beside Margaret's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

In the old Opel service centre beside Margaret's?

No the place next to Jones oil. The old service centre has had a let sign on it for a good few months now. But no sign of anything happening.

Advertisement