Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

T-Bird wrote: »
    No the place next to Jones oil. The old service centre has had a let sign on it for a good few months now. But no sign of anything happening.

Ah, the thread read like it was referring to there.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Ah, the thread read like it was referring to there.

;)

Doh, it was lol. It's been a long week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

T-Bird wrote: »
    The old service centre has had a let sign on it for a good few months now. But no sign of anything happening.

Painters were there this week.

Yeah, I just never noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Work going on in marys of sligo. Looks like Centra is expanding.

• Advertisement

Some work going on in the old Xtravision store beside the cinema this morning. Any ideas?

Work also quickly progressing at the new Applegreen Site on the MCR, protester against McCormicks still there as well. Do they have any involvement with the new Forecourt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Some work going on in the old Xtravision store beside the cinema this morning. Any ideas?

Work also quickly progressing at the new Applegreen Site on the MCR, protester against McCormicks still there as well. Do they have any involvement with the new Forecourt?

I saw a post on the 'Progressive Sligo' Facebook page that the petrol station is to open tomorrow (https://www.facebook.com/progressivesligo/photos/a.401598813356910.1073741828.389744361209022/724240704426051/?type=3&theater)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

From Facebook.
    MCCORMACK’S ON MAIL COACH ROAD TO RE-OPEN

The former McCormack’s garage / shop on Mail Coach Road in Sligo is to re-open.

The filling station will open as an Applegreen station on Wednesday, while a Bakewell delicatessen / shop and an Outlet sandwich restaurant are to open shortly.

The premises was one of several McCormack owned businesses that ceased trading in June last year when receivers were appointed.

snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I think somebody here mentioned a relative of the original owners bought the properties. There were two people protesting yesterday. I love the sign which reads something like "McCormicks not to be trusted!" with "In my opinion" added at the bottom :D

• Advertisement

Well it's definitely a Subway, and a Bakewell going into Applegreen, seen the signage up for both today. Looks like it's not far off opening.

I managed to wake up :o and take a look there this afternoon. New colour and Opel logo and McCormicks sign up again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sligo really needs a Burger King. There's none for miles around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sligo really needs a Burger King. There's none for miles around.

That, and an Apache Pizza, I can't believe the closest one to Sligo is Ballaghaderreen

ryanch09 wrote: »
    That, and an Apache Pizza, I can't believe the closest one to Sligo is Ballaghaderreen

Donegal Town has one, but weather or not it's official or a franchise I am not sure, as it looks pretty much like the Kebab place that was there before, but with new signage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

ryanch09 wrote: »

Is Ballaghaderreen nearer than Enniscrone?

muddypaws wrote: »

Googlemaps says 48km to Ballaghadereen and 55 to Enniscrone.
    Both journeys take 44 mins.

Much of a muchness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

New Applegreen / Subway on MCR opened on Friday..

Basq wrote: »
    New Applegreen / Subway on MCR opened on Friday..

Gonna have to head down for my steak and cheese or chicken teriaki tomorrow.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gonna have to head down for my steak and cheese or chicken teriaki tomorrow.

Actually.. don't go yet.. went in this afternoon and Subway isn't open yet. Big sign saying 'Coming Soon'. Very disappointed when I went in earlier! :(

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Actually.. don't go yet.. went in this afternoon and Subway isn't open yet. Big sign saying 'Coming Soon'. Very disappointed when I went in earlier! :(

Yeah, just noticed that this evening. Good offers on the crisps and soft drinks though.

muddypaws wrote: »
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Googlemaps says 48km to Ballaghadereen and 55 to Enniscrone.
    Both journeys take 44 mins.

Much of a muchness.

Does Enniscrone have an Apache though? Only 45 minutes to Donegal Town as well.

Either way it'll be cold by the time you get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Basq wrote:
    Actually.. don't go yet.. went in this afternoon and Subway isn't open yet. Big sign saying 'Coming Soon'. Very disappointed when I went in earlier!

Opening Monday 12th is what I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Mint Sauce wrote:
    Does Enniscrone have an Apache though?

It does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

:pac::pac::pac: No, I just thought I'd post a random Sligo village in the thread for a laugh. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

I got petrol at the new apple green garage yesterday and the pump was very strange, it kept stopping and starting and like the petrol was spluttering out? When I turned the car on and checked the petrol gage I feel that the correct amount of petrol didn't go in. Mentioned it in store and was meet with silence and a face of pure 'I couldn't give a ****' there was no manager to speak to. I took the receipt but not sure I have any comeback on this? Has anyone any advice or noticed the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Contact NSAI straight away and let them know of your concerns & the response you received. They are responsible for checking the accuracy of fuel pumps, and they take any inaccuracies very seriously.

https://www.nsai.ie/Our-Services/About-NSAI/Departments/NSAI-Legal-Metrology/Contacts.aspx

Sligo
    NSAI Legal Metrology
    Finisklin Industrial Estate,
    Sligo, F91 W314
    T: + 353 71 91 50738
    F: + 353 71 91 50739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Take Warriorpoets good advice and let us know how you get on. You may help others who may not notice the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Will do, will ring them first thing in the morning. Thanks

Advertisement