Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

does the reciept show how many litres of petrol you got for your money?if it does you could work out if you were fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

I'm not sure if it does. I was watching the ticker go as I put the petrol in and it was steady but I could hear and feel the petrol spluttering out, at times it felt like nothing was coming out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

sligono1 wrote: »
    Modern tyres were going moving in there heard they had pulled out but maybe deal on again??
    Sligo could do with a decent tyre depot

They have a sign opening soon there (all other signs are down).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

T-Bird wrote: »
    They have a sign opening soon there (all other signs are down).

They should really retake down the McCormicks Mace signs from the new Applegreen as well. Oh, and put up Entry and No Entry signs, as the road markings don't appear to be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

That Asian food restuarant called Jalan Jalan opened on Castle street last week where Korona once was.
    Ate there the other night and thought the food was fantastic. Will definitely be back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

That Asian food restuarant called Jalan Jalan opened on Castle street last week where Korona once was.
    Ate there the other night and thought the food was fantastic. Will definitely be back.

Yeah thought the same. Went there for lunch last Saturday and went back again today. Really nice, their crisp duck is savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Noticed there as well. Also seen what looked like another new store, or maybe just a refit/tidy up on Castle Street, womens clothes I think.

Centra refit also seems to be continuing as well, have they/are they taking over one of the empty units on one side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Any update on the camille Thai place supposed to be opening?

Their website no longer lists Sligo as one of their locations and I think the Facebook page has been taken down as well.

I think there's some Restaurant and Late Bar going into HMV Soundgarden called Andersons Grill & Late Bar. Remember seeing the advert for it in the Weekender a few weeks back. Saw they are advertising for a Chef at the moment so probably still a few weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I think there's some Restaurant and Late Bar going into HMV Soundgarden called Andersons Grill & Late Bar. Remember seeing the advert for it in the Weekender a few weeks back. Saw they are advertising for a Chef at the moment so probably still a few weeks away.

https://www.facebook.com/andersonssligo/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

Easons opening in Quayside in former Exhibit store between Insomnia and Dealz. What will happen to O'Connell St store?

I would imagine rent and rates for that store are massive. It's a very large store on the main street.
    I'm sure it'll join the rest of these https://fora.ie/commercial-vacancies-irish-counties-3558590-Aug2017/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

prodsc wrote: »
    Easons opening in Quayside in former Exhibit store between Insomnia and Dealz. What will happen to O'Connell St store?

that sounds pretty good - be good to have a newsagent type shop down that way, they do newspapers and that , and sweets n things dont they? - not quite a full newsagents but still good. I suppose cheaper rent and rates for them than o'connell street?

Now, if a McDonalds or Burgerking could just move into where they are when they vacate that would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

that sounds pretty good - be good to have a newsagent type shop down that way, they do newspapers and that , and sweets n things dont they? - not quite a full newsagents but still good. I suppose cheaper rent and rates for them than o'connell street?

Now, if a McDonalds or Burgerking could just move into where they are when they vacate that would be handy.

Haven't Burger King been there done that?

Haven't Burger King been there done that?

yep they were in the 90's - and McD's were across the road from them - BK and McD's where always (or seemed) busy most of the time when they were on OCS so thats why I was pretty surprised when they went

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not again.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

They'll hardly close that one will they? The quayside store is much smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

O Connell street premises is owned by the same guy who owns the party shop & Conways Newsagents in the Tesco Arcade. He leases the franchise from Easons i.e. Easons don't own or rent the premises. He was trying to sell the Party Shop building a few years back but had no buyers so opened it as the Party Shop.

This pic taken by my wife today , eason open for business now down by the Quayside SC ...

received_10155121725867424.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Magnumimous! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

This pic taken by my wife today , eason open for business now down by the Quayside SC ...

received_10155121725867424.jpeg

nice spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

But why? Why do we need two Easons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

rizzodun wrote: »
    But why? Why do we need two Easons?
    No idea why we need one.
    Liber bookshop in O'Connell St is far better in my experience. Very helpful staff and great service if they haven't the book you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Nice shop and hopefully it will bring a bit of life, footfall, atmosphere, money and more tenants to that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Clever place for a book shop, right beside a coffee shop. For buying books I personally prefer to spend my money in Liber but good to see a new shop opening in town providing more jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I was in with the AC Car Wash guys who used to be down Ballast Quay. They're now up in Collooney behind Riverside Motors. Its not as spacious as where they were but its still the best car wash you'll get for the money. I asked why they moved and I was told it was due to hassle from a local competitor. I hope it works out well for them.

mewe wrote: »
    Clever place for a book shop, right beside a coffee shop. For buying books I personally prefer to spend my money in Liber but good to see a new shop opening in town providing more jobs.

the coffee shop do a book swap system and have a load of books on the shelf - same above Cafe Fleur too

red sean wrote: »
    No idea why we need one.
    Liber bookshop in O'Connell St is far better in my experience. Very helpful staff and great service if they haven't the book you want.

Have to agree with that, great for ordering CDs too. Brian and the staff there are ace!

Drag00n79 wrote: »
    I was in with the AC Car Wash guys who used to be down Ballast Quay. They're now up in Collooney behind Riverside Motors. Its not as spacious as where they were but its still the best car wash you'll get for the money. I asked why they moved and I was told it was due to hassle from a local competitor. I hope it works out well for them.

I was in there as well, glad to see them back in business. He told me a rival in business got him closed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

The Driftwood Bar and Restaurant opened in Rosses Point last week.

Advertisement