Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

The new Lidl looked massive,as I passed it today! I wonder will the old one close as soon as the new one opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

zorro2566 wrote: »
    The new Lidl looked massive,as I passed it today! I wonder will the old one close as soon as the new one opens.

It is being rebuilt, not sure when they plan to start. After Christmas perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ej's little sister is opening on Thursday! ....

461963.jpg

EDIT: PHOTO CREDIT: PrintFix Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Interesting if this is a ladies shop. He couldn't make it work with Ruby lane, so not sure how this would be different.

• Advertisement

Interesting if this is a ladies shop. He couldn't make it work with Ruby lane, so not sure how this would be different.

maybe it was more rent/rates / overheads for ruby lane and maybe thats why it failed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

It might have a better chance using his name. Cool marketing move I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any updates on the new Burger Joint in the old ESB Building. Seen lights on the last few days and over weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

There was work going on there Friday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heard this today and noticed planning permission for it..

20180925_203047.jpg

9 screen cinema going over Cleveragh Retail Park.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Heard this today and noticed planning permission for it..

20180925_203047.jpg

9 screen cinema going over Cleveragh Retail Park.

Is unit 2 where you are Basq?
    Edit: Forget that, it's where ROM is (at least I think as the addresses seem all over the place..).

T-Bird wrote: »
    Is unit 2 where you are Basq?
    Jaysus.. I hope not.. haven't got the P45 just yet! :D

Jaysus.. I hope not.. haven't got the P45 just yet! :D

Hehe, I thought it was ROM after but they are 2 The Back Ave, Cleveragh, Sligo.

Discussing it here, we think that the company submitting the application is the hedgefund that bought the retail center, and ROM are not renewing their lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Discussing it here, we think that the company submitting the application is the hedgefund that bought the retail center, and ROM are not renewing their lease.

http://lp4.sligococo.ie/LP4/default.aspx?topicname=Planning&searchname=County%20Planning&SearchValue=18382

looks like ROM

http://www.eplanning.ie/SligoCC/AppFileRefDetails/18382/0

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can the town support a second cinema? I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Can the town support a second cinema? I don't think so.

Definitely no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

id say it would do well enough simply due to ease of access and parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

shanec1928 wrote: »
    id say it would do well enough simply due to ease of access and parking.

It might do. Town still does not need, or be able to sustain two though.

Am quite surprised at even the idea of another one, considering the recent refit of the existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭tinpib

I go to the gaiety semi-regularly, almost always to a screening round 5/6pm, I think it's 3 or possibly 4 times now in the past year I have been the only person at the screening. Other times there have been maybe 6-15 there max. A second cinema doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know.

There's a large unit at the back of ROM that they're using for the Cinema. ROM have had their unit shrunk recently and as far as I know the entrance is to be in the corner between ROM and the food Center

• Advertisement

There's a large unit at the back of ROM that they're using for the Cinema. ROM have had their unit shrunk recently and as far as I know the entrance is to be in the corner between ROM and the food Center

sorry for having to ask this - i suppose it should be common knowledge but what the hell does ROM stand for? where is it/what is it? re - cleveragh retail park? :)

if the new cinema does really well ... er their might not be 2 cinema's in town very long ;)

I dont rate the gaiety (still call it the gaiety) that much when I go there .. a bit poorly run, sometimes films not running on time (or even run at all you are sitting there waiting for film to start and someone even forgot to put it on!) - and sometimes issues with sound (too low) ... I think a modern (built from scratch) with plenty of parking in that are might be just the ticket (see what I done there?)

sorry for having to ask this - i suppose it should be common knowledge but what the hell does ROM stand for? where is it/what is it? re - cleveragh retail park? :)
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rom+sligo

ah right the exercise place then thanks, didnt know it was called that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

If ROM aren’t renewing their lease what will happen to the gym?

If ROM aren’t renewing their lease what will happen to the gym?

My comments there were pure speculation and written that way.

But it makes sense now regarding the site behind. ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hello goodmorning

Has anybody done the Assessment for abtran? If so have you heard back from them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Second cinema seems like madness to me!!

Has anybody done the Assessment for abtran? If so have you heard back from them yet?

Not sure if they've been in contact with anyone to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hello goodmorning

Not sure if they've been in contact with anyone to be fair.

Ok. Thanks for your reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RoyC2958

Still looking through application forms apparently eir are setting up as well wonder if it is the same

Advertisement