Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

Slidey wrote: »
    Yeah, it's between Keash and Ballymote, thought more people would know where Ballymote was though!

I'm from Sligo and i've never been there but i know where it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Is the riding stables next to his House on the Keash Rd out fo Ballymote ?
    (or are you already in Keash at that stage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Yep, they are just on the Keash side of his house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Quayside is so badly laid out.
    You'd find it hard to believe it was purpose built.
    It's more like something that was converted and the car park was just an afterthought. Whats the big shop going in? Supervalu?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Has Tile Savers in the retail park closed for good? There was a sign in the window saying that the shop was closed but it didn't say whether it was only for today or for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

genie wrote: »
    Has Tile Savers in the retail park closed for good? There was a sign in the window saying that the shop was closed but it didn't say whether it was only for today or for good.

Tile Market are gone from the retail park for at least 7 months now. I got my tiles from the Tile Warehouse in Collooney back in March and their prices were very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for that! :) I go to Homebase up there and that's about it.

McDonaghs will be reopening in Sligo down beside Domino Pizzas by the end of the month.

and HMV the first week of November in the former Zavvi unit (confirmed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Oh where did you hear that Zorro ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From Jon Dunt the Centre Manager in Johnston Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

basquille wrote: »

Yeah I seen that basquille, but I was just wondering how he knew when it would be opened! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

New shop opening on O'Connell Street (Ladies Fashion)
    Ladies Fashion/Childrens opening in Bundoran and Tubbercurry
    McDonaghs (as noted previously) opening at back of Quayside
    Shooting Stars opening on Market/High Street
    Commercial fitters/mechanics, Old Dublin Rd Ind. Estate

Good to see new shops/businesses opening!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

There is a new take away on Tesco car park beside food experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Janine87 wrote: »

another one, didn't one open there a week or two ago beside the video shop as well

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Janine87 wrote: »

same people running it, just offering two food concepts at different trading hours.

Turf n' Surf will be the take away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Culchie wrote: »
    same people running it, just offering two food concepts at different trading hours.

Turf n' Surf will be the take away.

I would much rather eat food than have to conceptualize it. Last time I conceptualized food, I had the virtual runs for a week. :D

McDonaghs Sligo reopen this am down beside Dominos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I saw petstore opening near the dunnes and easter european supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I saw petstore opening near the dunnes and easter european supermarket.

Looks like a nice store, must call in. Is this the same crowd that had the pet store out the Bundoran Road that burnt down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Mothercare has opened!!! Woohoo!! It's beside Argos and Smyths.

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Mothercare has opened!!! Woohoo!! It's beside Argos and Smyths.
    Oh.. I thought that was going in at Carraroe, but noticed something going in beside Argos last weekend alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Yeah, I thought it was for carroroe as well. Oh well, happy happy. We were there last night and they stock Early Learning Centre toys as well and there will be a kids hairdresser opening soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Today was the first time I've seen the car park there almost full.

Loads of gorgeous little baby clothes at the entrance, baby mamas beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

basquille wrote: »
    Oh.. I thought that was going in at Carraroe, but noticed something going in beside Argos last weekend alright.

It was hoping to, but because it sells clothing it came a'foul of the development scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

fozzle wrote: »
    It was hoping to, but because it sells clothing it came a'foul of the development scheme.

Which is to remain unchanged
    "Seventeen councillors voted at a meeting on Monday to a proposal that, in effect, hinders the Newbay Doherty Group from its plans to redevelop the Carraroe Retail Park that would create badly needed jobs and more choice for shoppers."
    http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/seventeen-county-councillors-voted-to-keep-status-quo-1934148.html

Then the same councillors voted to rezone land at Carraroe for a private hospital against the County Manager's advice.
    http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/plans-to-be-lodged-soon-for-carraroe-private-hospital-1934167.html

Change to benefit the plain people of Sligo: NO
    Change to benefit speculators: YES

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i know of one bussiness in a rual sligo town that has spent money on a new location within that two and was to move a week ago but the engineers in the council will not let this happen because they have decided they need to do traffic reports e.t.c now its plain to be seen that these people within the council are going around at the moment trying to make work for themselves just to look busy,
    in my oppinion our council and councilors are a pathetic bunch in these days when people are trying to develop ne bussiness and create employment thes fools are destroying this because they have their own agendas and protecting their own group of cronies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

Essexboy wrote: »
    Which is to remain unchanged
    "Seventeen councillors voted at a meeting on Monday to a proposal that, in effect, hinders the Newbay Doherty Group from its plans to redevelop the Carraroe Retail Park that would create badly needed jobs and more choice for shoppers."
    http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/seventeen-county-councillors-voted-to-keep-status-quo-1934148.html

Then the same councillors voted to rezone land at Carraroe for a private hospital against the County Manager's advice.
    http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/plans-to-be-lodged-soon-for-carraroe-private-hospital-1934167.html

Change to benefit the plain people of Sligo: NO
    Change to benefit speculators: YES

O GOD COULD I GO ON AND ON ABOUT THEM A**HO:mad::mad:
    Run the people of Sligo in the ground:mad::mad::mad:
    Dont give jobs to the Sligo people:mad::mad:

Advertisement