Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

johnire wrote: »
    I was driving past yesterday and think this place is open. Anyone heard any reports about it?

yep, Shake Dog is the name of the new 'Eddie Rockets Style' place where x-travision used to be next to the cinema.

46331499_2334859590075454_1137001611323768832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e83e1d77f935139af3c36ad066c6e02b&oe=5C7662D1

46458028_2334859650075448_6221767986663915520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b58de686bc9056dcd53d9c43a65c4c6d&oe=5C783445

https://www.facebook.com/sligohub/photos/pcb.2334859683408778/2334859586742121/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I heard Shells are opening a new coffee shop in Finisklin

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Scarlet42

I heard Shells are opening a new coffee shop in Finisklin

is it in the old warehouse beside LIDL? that would be a great place .. think there are plans for a cafe there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    is it in the old warehouse beside LIDL? that would be a great place .. think there are plans for a cafe there

Oh yeah there was wasnt there. I had heard where Pepper Alley was but there in front of Lidl would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Just what Sligo needs, another place to eat. there aren't half enough in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

glaswegian wrote: »
    Just what Sligo needs, another place to eat. there aren't half enough in the town.

They're popular. People eat out a lot, there's a demand there. What's wrong with restaurants keeping people spending money within the town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Plenty of buisness for it in Finisklin with people who work in the area daily. Not to mention the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Scarlet42

Oh yeah there was wasnt there. I had heard where Pepper Alley was but there in front of Lidl would make more sense.

Was driving past the old pepper alley last night and it looked like there was some work going on .. loads of chairs outside .. not sure if they were putting them in or taking them in .. so you would be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

johnire wrote: »
    There’s work going on in a unit in the Pearse Plaza complex on the MCR side. It’s just on the corner beside St Brigid’s at the traffic lights. I wonder what’s it going to be?

Apparently it's going to be an Italian restaurant.

Apparently it's going to be an Italian restaurant.

Bellissimo :D

• Advertisement

sligoblue wrote: »
    Store on corner of Tesco car park being gutted again, no idea what's going in there.

Think it's to be a Vape shop ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Think it's to be a Vape shop ....
    Isn't there one right across the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Isn't there one right across the road?

Same shop, moving to bigger stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Currys are moving to a bigger unit in the retail park. Harvey Norman are then gonna take the unit Currys are currently in and the 2 units next to them.

Hi, have you any further info. about Harvey Norman opening. Supposed to be early this year I believe.

Hi, have you any further info. about Harvey Norman opening. Supposed to be early this year I believe.

i'd be interested to know . fancy missing the xmas rush/shoppers/revenue tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

heard today its application has been turned down .....

Was it really needed tbh.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Was it really needed tbh.

none of us would know that question unless it was built and up and running I suppose.

If it was just a 9 screen cinema maybe not. If they incorporated a Ten Pin Bowling alley, amusement arcade, kids ball pond/play park or something along those lines then maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

none of us would know that question unless it was built and up and running I suppose.

If it was just a 9 screen cinema maybe not. If they incorporated a Ten Pin Bowling alley, amusement arcade, kids ball pond/play park or something along those lines then maybe...

Without trying to take the thread further off topic Andy, you only have to visit the exsisting one in town to give you that answer.

As for play parks etc etc. There already is a skate park near by the proposed location, along with plenty of areas for kids and young teens to play across the road.

An opening of a new cinema down there, would close down the exsisting one, and possibly have a knock on effect on Shake Dog, The Swag, and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Whatever happened the Harvey Norman that was supposed to go into the retail park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Whatever happened the Harvey Norman that was supposed to go into the retail park?

Some work going on in empty unit beside Harry Corry but don't know who might be going in.

Some work going on in empty unit beside Harry Corry but don't know who might be going in.

Go Harvey,go! .......sorry, couldn’t resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭tinpib

A specialty coffee house and espresso bar named Milligram going into old Clarke's butchers on Wine Street. Poster up in the window.

tinpib wrote: »
    A specialty coffee house and espresso bar named Milligram going into old Clarke's butchers on Wine Street. Poster up in the window.

oh good, because its really hard to get a coffee when you need one in Sligo :D

- joking aside, i hope (as I hope with any business who sets up these days) that they make a go of it

Just heard on the radio there it looks like the Sligo Credit Union will not be opening up in its new premises (the Clarence Hotel) until Jan 2020 at the earliest ....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

Is there plans to build a new Aldi in Finliskin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭prodsc

A new Sweet Beat venture...Sweet As. Diner And Deli coming June..not sure of the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

jajjay wrote: »
    Is there plans to build a new Aldi in Finliskin?

I heard a while back there was talk of it going in the abandoned yard across from Lidi not sure if there was any truth behind it thou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Don’t know if they really need another store. They would need to keep the existing one but they seriously need to do something about their car park-it’s way too small.
    mickwat155 wrote: »
    I heard a while back there was talk of it going in the abandoned yard across from Lidi not sure if there was any truth behind it thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

prodsc wrote: »
    A new Sweet Beat venture...Sweet As. Diner And Deli coming June..not sure of the premises.

Anyone know where this will be? I love sweet beat and would love to go daily but just too far to go from town centre when ur on short lunchbreak. Would be great if it was on o connell st somewhere!! Or even castle st.

Advertisement