Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most trophies won?!

• 07-07-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

Basically whats your best ever trophy haul in one game of FM and with who? I ask because I am running a game with 8 running leagues and am going to try win a trophy in all 8 countries aswell as a few European ones.It's sorta similar to DSB's thread but on your won.In this game im doing woefully,I spent 3 seasons at Benfica only winning the Portugese Cup then I quit to move to AZ Alkmaar in Holland where I got beaten in the final of the cup.Ive also won the African Nations with Nigeria.

So far in this game my trophy haul is

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    African Nations x 2 - Nigeria

more to follow....hopefully!

Just won the African nations again have to start winning some club trophies now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

I had game in 08 with st.pats, took over mid season and came 6th, from then on dominated never out of top 2, had 2 quad seasons, winnings league, both cups, and the setanta cup, but iv fallen just short of group stages of europe each time, probably could made it but had to let 2or3 of best players go when money came in.
    Mark Quigley is amazing in game, and iv had some good wingers. But i have never found a defensive midfielder that was consisent nearest came was french guy but he got home sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

On FM07, I had one career where I won 3 La Liga titles (2 Barca, 1 Betis), 5 Portuguese titles in a row with Sporting, 2 CL's (Barca & Sporting), 2 WCC's, 2 Spanish Cups (1 Barca, 1 Betis), 1 Spanish Supercup (Barca I think), 1 Euro Supercup, 3 Portuguese Cups and 3 Portuguese Supercups.

I think it was that anyway. I remember the 8 titles and the CLs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Woohoo won the Dutch Cup against Go Ahead Eagles(love that name!),but I've built up a good squad of re-gens so dunno whther to move on.Qualified for the Champions League even though I finished 5th but I won that play-off thingy.Should be interesting see the trashings I get if I qualify!

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar

Took over Arsenal in April of the season after winning the Cup with AZ,the Dutch League was beyond me and was knocked out of all comps,also took over as manager of Brazil who are ranked 34th in the World! Won the FA Cup on pens against Man Yoo and now I'm top at Xmas in the next year.Still havent won a League title :confused:

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar
    FA Cup - Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Would love to have a go at this but my laptop would explode if I played more than 2 leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

League One
    Johnsons Paint Trophy
    Championship
    2 FA Cups
    2 League Cups
    2 Premierships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Its all about the tactics and assistant manager.in fm09 i won 5 leagues with bohs and loads of cups and brought them up to the top 60 in europe. in cm05 i won the uefa cup and champions league with bohs(and i didnt cheat) prob me greatest win off all games

Hadnt played this game in a while cos I started a new one but went back to it today and am now in 2014 and have added The Premiership to my haul! My first league success which is a bit worrying!

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar
    FA Cup - Arsenal
    Premier League - Arsenal

Reckon Ill go on for a bit see if I can win somethin in Europe.Also managing Brazil but theyre cr*p for some reason!

Just won the World Cup with Brazil even though we went into it 34th in the world! Beat England on Peno's after missin my first two! Moved up to 20th in the World Wide Hall of Fame aswell.

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar
    FA Cup - Arsenal
    Premier League - Arsenal
    World Cup - Brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Starting my third season as Porto, have one league title to my name, and one Portugese cup.

Also been a beaten Champions League finalist.

I think my best ever was in FM 05 where I went unbeaten in the Premiership for 10 years or something. That was the game where I took Ireland to a World Cup win as well. Good times.

New games are much much harder.

• Advertisement

After winning the League Cup with Arsenal but having a shocking season in the league,tenth in March and havent won in 8 or something.Won all the major trophies in England so I'm hoping I get sacked! Will probably look for another job in summer anyways.

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar
    FA Cup - Arsenal
    Premier League - Arsenal
    League Cup - Arsenal
    World Cup - Brazil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

hard to believe as it is

man united: 16 seasons
    16 premier leagues
    16 champions leagues
    13 fa cups
    10 league cups
    14 community sheilds
    15 world club cups

went to manage Barcelona: 3 years

3 Spanish league titles
    2 spanish cups

got bored and took Rochdale: 11 years

1 League two champion
    1 League one champion
    1 Championship winner
    3 Premier leagues
    2 champions leagues
    1 world club cup
    5 fa cups
    3 league cups
    1 johnsons paint trophy
    3 community shields

oh i forgot

Portugal : 2 World cups 1 European Championship
    Brazil : 1 World Cup 1 Coppa America
    Ireland : 2 World Cups 2 European Championships
    Ghana : 1 African Nations

Retired the most successful manager in the history of the game
    i sound like a knob with all that dont i

Havent got the new game yet,still on 08 bit of a journeyman manager at this stage,suppose that was the initial aim,took over Bordeaux and in my first season won all 3 french trophies,second season I won zilch! In the 2017-2018 season

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar
    FA Cup - Arsenal
    Premier League - Arsenal
    League Cup - Arsenal
    World Cup - Brazil
    Ligue 1 Orange - Bordeaux
    French Cup - Bordeaux
    Coupe de la Ligue - Bordeaux

Had an interesting couple of seasons with Bordeaux.After i won the league,next season I finished 3rd and got knocked out early of all cups.I've had Wesley Sneijder playing CM do average affect,so put him AMC and he was a revelation! 53 games,23 goals,14 assists,player of the year in Champs League and French League,all for a 34 yr old! Edison Cavani also had 21 goals by January but then got injured for the season.Anyways,Champs League semi's lost 2-0 away to Real in first leg,then got them at home 2-0 to us in normal time then I scored in the 116th min to go through 3-2! probably one of my best ever wins.Beat Lazio in the final on penalties to win my first Champs League in this game.Also won the league and the Coupe de la Ligue.

Portugese Cup - Benfica
    Dutch Cup - AZ Alkmaar
    FA Cup - Arsenal
    Premier League - Arsenal
    League Cup - Arsenal
    World Cup - Brazil
    Ligue 1 Orange x 2 - Bordeaux
    French Cup - Bordeaux
    Coupe de la Ligue x 2 - Bordeaux
    Champions League - Bordeaux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm a bit of a nomad as a manager and sometimes I like to start a new game after winning something.

Vitesse Current Side
    Eredivisie X 1
    Dutch Cup x 2
    Europa League x 2
    Super Cup x 2

Liverpool
    Premier League x 4
    FA Cup x 4
    League Cup x 3
    Charity Shield x 4
    Champions League x 3
    Europa League x 1
    Super Cup x 4
    Club World Championships x 3

Uruguay
    World Cup x 1
    Copa America x 2

FC Twente
    Eredivisie x 2
    Dutch Cup x 2
    Champions League x 1
    Europa League x 1

Arsenal
    Premier League x 4
    FA Cup x 4
    League Cup x 4
    Champions League x 4
    Super Cup x 4
    Charity Shield x 4
    Club World Championships x 3

Boavista
    Portuguese League x 2
    Portuguese Cup x 2
    Champions League x 1
    Europa League x 1
    Super Cup x 2

Getafe
    La Liga x 3
    Copa del Rey x 3
    Spanish Cup x 3
    Champions League x 2
    Europa League x 1
    Super Cup x 2

Spain
    World Cup x 3
    European Championship x 4

Standard Liege
    Belgian League x 2
    Belgian Cup x 2
    Europa League x 2
    Super Cup x 2

Spartak Moscow
    Russian League x 1
    Russian Cup x 1

Reading
    League 1 x 1
    Championship x 1
    Premier League x 3
    FA Cup x 3
    League Cup x 4
    Charity Shield x 4

Perth Glory
    Australian League x 1
    Australian Cup x 2

Croatia
    World Cup x 1
    European Championships x 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Nice one Aaron. I haven't been playing the most recent footie management games, but I used to play Championship Manager right up to when it was bought-out by SEGA (?) (and then became Football Manager). I remember my first Championship Manager was all the way back in 93 or 94 (I think) and it was called CM Italia (it had a picture of Attilio Lombardo on the cover).

Anyway, my best trophy haul in ONE game of CM was with FC Barcelona, when I won 50+ trophies. I created a team (without cheating) that was just unstoppable.

Advertisement