Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair problem with miniature jack russell

Options
  • 07-07-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

hi all

i bought a miniature jack russell 5 weeks ago, but he seems to have a problem with his skin

he's slightly wiry haired and his coat is thinning out and you can see his skin underneath clearly and he's getting loads of dark spots on his skin

anyone got any idea of what this could be, as his skin looks very sore

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Is he scratching?

Could be a long list of things including food intolerances, allergies, mites, etc.

If his skin looks very sore then I'd suggest that you bring him to the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Hi Rohe,

not quiet sure if there is such a thing as a 'miniature JRT', AFAIK, they are just the smaller ones/runts (dont personnally like that word) in the litter who get sold as miniature :confused:

Anyway, it may be a number of reasons, an allergic reaction to the shampoo you use, allergic reaction to a cleaning product you use he/she has come in contact with, food allergy ...best advice would be to go to vet to get professional opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Hi, have similar problem with my own dog, she is 1.5 years old. In my case the vet thinks its an infection and put her on antibiotics. i would bring your pup to the vet as it could be any number of things. Btw are the dark spots on your pups skin or are they like raised lumps. Some dogs have natural dark pigment on their skin so its not unusual for them to have skin of different colour.

Advertisement