Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practice.ie: professional development for artists that work with kids

• 07-07-2009 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

I work for a childrens' arts organisation here in Sligo called Kids' Own. Among other fun things, we place artists in schools or communities to collaborate on long and short term projects/residencies with children.

We set up Practice.ie - a place where artists can show the work they are doing with kids. We have found, through our surveys, that everyone is taking photos of all the good work they are doing, but only 40% of the work is ever seen, exhibited nor promoted.We want to raise the visibility of this work.

It's really important now more than ever to raise your own profile as an artist and to take opportunities to 'network'. Sounds too business-y? Well, we have to be practical and make as many professional connections as possible.

I wanted to post on Boards.ie here, as I think there are alot of artists who may be giving kids workshops even as nixers, and you may be interested in professional development opportunities.

For example, we're accepting registrations for a workshop in Roscommon on the 29th of July. There will be presentations to see the kinds of wrk people are doing, as well as hands-on activities to get your creative juices flowing. If this is an area you'd like to get into, and you don't have experience, you're more than welcome to attend. It's €35 to attend for the full day course, this helps cover our costs of delivering the training. You can find out more here:
    http://short.ie/artists-roscommon

We'll be planning more events in the coming months, and hopefully we'll be able to make it to your local area eventually!

If you have any questions, you can PM me :)

- Heather

Advertisement