Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Feck, when I signed up for FF for the first time in ages, I didn't think it'd give me such a damn headache. So many players I want to include but can't.

Any thoughts on this current setup?

Sorensen

---Evra----Richards
    Vidic----A Cole----

Lampard
    Kuyt
    Neville

--Agbonlahor
    Berbatov----Zamora (or Doyle)---

Subs: Hart, Mikel, Mullins (Portsmouth), Bramble

I'm considering replacing Cole with someone like Zhirkov, Carragher or Terry. Zhirkov is probably winning the race at the minute, not sure about how he'll actually perform in the league though. In midfield, I'm not sure whether to pick Lampard or Gerard, I went with Lampard, as I think Chelsea will have a better year. I'd love to have both of them in, and I might cut the defense right back to include him. Neville doesn't seem like a bad choice, he seems to have done quite consistently over the last few seasons. Up front, I'd like to keep Agbonlahor in there, only problem is Villa aren't playing in Week 2. Berbatov might be a bit of a gamble, but I think he's really going to up his game this year. Zamora, I'm not so sure about, but seemed like the best option for what money I had left. Kevin Doyle costs the same amount, but, like with Zhirkov, I don't like to bank on a player who might not settle into a new team and league so well.

As for the subs, I'm not too sure if Mikel will be a decent FF-type player (i.e. not a points-scorer), but he seems like a decent guy to have on the bench. I really haven't much of a clue about Mullins or Bramble, they were fairly random picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Invincible wrote: »
    We'll see,let your fingers do the talking with your shrewd transfers during the season :D

just watch who i sell because usually after i sell them they come good.:D

1: Given

2: Vidic

3: Lescott

4: Bosingwa

5: Traore

6: Gerrard
    (C)

7: Carrick

8: Petrov

9: Gosling

10: Adebayor

11: Zamora

12: Schwarzer
    Goalkeeper

13: Johnson
    Defender

14: Davies
    Midfielder

15: Anichebe
    Forward

thats the rough team at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ccosgrave wrote: »
    Feck, when I signed up for FF for the first time in ages, I didn't think it'd give me such a damn headache. So many players I want to include but can't.

Any thoughts on this current setup?

Sorensen

---Evra----Richards
    Vidic----A Cole----

Lampard
    Kuyt
    Neville

--Agbonlahor
    Berbatov----Zamora (or Doyle)---

Subs: Hart, Mikel, Mullins (Portsmouth), Bramble

I'm considering replacing Cole with someone like Zhirkov, Carragher or Terry. Zhirkov is probably winning the race at the minute, not sure about how he'll actually perform in the league though. In midfield, I'm not sure whether to pick Lampard or Gerard, I went with Lampard, as I think Chelsea will have a better year. I'd love to have both of them in, and I might cut the defense right back to include him. Neville doesn't seem like a bad choice, he seems to have done quite consistently over the last few seasons. Up front, I'd like to keep Agbonlahor in there, only problem is Villa aren't playing in Week 2. Berbatov might be a bit of a gamble, but I think he's really going to up his game this year. Zamora, I'm not so sure about, but seemed like the best option for what money I had left. Kevin Doyle costs the same amount, but, like with Zhirkov, I don't like to bank on a player who might not settle into a new team and league so well.

As for the subs, I'm not too sure if Mikel will be a decent FF-type player (i.e. not a points-scorer), but he seems like a decent guy to have on the bench. I really haven't much of a clue about Mullins or Bramble, they were fairly random picks.
    I would maybe rethink your strikeforce, save a few quid and re-invest in midfield. It's been said a good few times in the thread already, but Neville has been listed as a defender in past seasons, whereas he's a midfielder this season - that'll be 3 less points for every clean sheet, so he's not going to score the same amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Latest version:

Hart/Sorensen

A.Cole Evra O'Shea Warnock

Lampard Gerrard Modric Kuyt

D.Bent Ebanks-Blake

Bench: Dann, McCarthy, Jerome (Bank = 0.5)

Have used the wildcard in week 3 the last 2 seasons and its always worked out well for me, will probably do the same this year to get in some of the likes of C.Cole, Arshavin, Arteta, A.Young, M.Taylor, Danny Murphy and others who have no game in week 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

I don't think too many have Alonso in their teams,news says 30M transfer agreed with Real Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Currently settled on:

Cech
    Johnson
    Evra
    Song
    Hughes
    Faye
    ----Barry
    Gerrard
    Lampard----Cattermole----
    Beattie

Subs: Sorenson, Ebanks Blake, Muamba and Jerome..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I don't think too many have Alonso in their teams,news says 30M transfer agreed with Real Madrid.

Deep down I knew it was coming but I still couldn't transfer him out. :(

Now I have a 7.0mid to replace....Milner or skinny Fellaini?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Currently settled on:

Cech
    Johnson
    Evra
    Song
    Hughes
    Faye
    Barry
    Gerrard
    Lampard

Beattie

Subs: Sorenson, Cattermole, Muamba and Jerome..

I woulda thought you would have been able to afford a stronger defence seeing as you are only fielding 10 players...

PH4T wrote: »
    I woulda thought you would have been able to afford a stronger defence seeing as you are only fielding 10 players...

Updated :)

Cech
    Johnson
    Evra
    Song
    Hughes
    Faye
    ----Barry
    Gerrard
    Lampard----Cattermole----
    Beattie

8-10 wrote: »
    Deep down I knew it was coming but I still couldn't transfer him out. :(

Now I have a 7.0mid to replace....Milner or skinny Fellaini?

Apart from Fellaini being a card magnet,Moyes said he's not 100% having had a virus.Did you consider Murphy 6.5M for Fulham,takes penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

I would maybe rethink your strikeforce, save a few quid and re-invest in midfield. It's been said a good few times in the thread already, but Neville has been listed as a defender in past seasons, whereas he's a midfielder this season - that'll be 3 less points for every clean sheet, so he's not going to score the same amount.

Yeah, I know he won't score the same amount, but he should do alright. I can't think of anyone who'd do much better for that money, to be honest. I'll have another look now though. You're probably right about the forwards though, Agbonlahor will probably have to go.

ccosgrave wrote: »
    Yeah, I know he won't score the same amount, but he should do alright. I can't think of anyone who'd do much better for that money, to be honest. I'll have another look now though. You're probably right about the forwards though, Agbonlahor will probably have to go.

I think Larsson at Birmingham is 5 as well, if memory serves he was fairly decent two seasons ago. Good for a few goals, set piece taker as well.

I think Larsson at Birmingham is 5 as well, if memory serves he was fairly decent two seasons ago. Good for a few goals, set piece taker as well.

1 goal in 30-odd appearances last year though....

demakinz wrote: »
    just watch who i sell because usually after i sell them they come good.:D

1: Given

2: Vidic

3: Lescott

4: Bosingwa

5: Traore

6: Gerrard
    (C)

7: Carrick

8: Petrov

9: Gosling

10: Adebayor

11: Zamora

12: Schwarzer
    Goalkeeper

13: Johnson
    Defender

14: Davies
    Midfielder

15: Anichebe
    Forward

thats the rough team at the moment

Don't know if Gosling & Anichebe will get starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone able to lend me half a million?? I'll have it repaid by October!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Don't know if Gosling & Anichebe will get starting.

your prob right. any possible replacements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

demakinz wrote: »
    your prob right. any possible replacements?

Anichebe is 5.0 right? Not many options really.

I'd have to see how much they are.

1 goal in 30-odd appearances last year though....

Hmm I hadn't checked his stats from last season. I have him on my bench, pretty decent option still I think.

I just brought Bent in now that he has passed his medical at Sunderland, I think he'll do well. Straight swap for C.Cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The reason I didnt go for bent is because Im not sure he will play all the time with jones being there, do you think he will play them together?

I'd say he will as he'll be Sunderland's record transfer and will likely be first-choice. I think there's a few good players available at 7m though.

I joined the Private League that was posted. "NiceGuysFinishLast". May well turn out that way. :pac:

What are everyone's thoughts on Benayoun as an option now that Alonso looks set for Madrid? Is he likely to start now for Liverpool?

He looks to be ahead of Riera in pre-season but you know yourself....

• Advertisement

What are everyone's thoughts on Benayoun as an option now that Alonso looks set for Madrid? Is he likely to start now for Liverpool?

It's hard to know - with Alonso gone something drastic could happen and Rafa would reshuffle everything - which is extremely doubtful.

I'd wait and see what happens, as Benny is DEFINATELY worth it at 7.0.

He's usually played on the right or centrally though.

Yeah I think Benayoun is a talented guy. That's why if he's likely to get games I'll snap him up very quickly. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.

He was a points monster the last 2 months or so of last season, I'd say he got a goal/assist plus bonus in almost every one of the last 10 games. Already have Kuyt and Gerrard in my team but might have a re-think to include Benny and strenghten elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Should I go for Benny or Riera? Both are 7 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think I might go along with what someone said earlier and use the wildcard for GW3 seeing as so many players I want aren't playing in week 2. I always use it early anyway and never really felt like I needed to use it again. Especially with the new double transfer thing.

playa3 wrote: »

I'd avoid both for the first two games or so, Pienaar and Dempsey both great options at 6.5, or Noble at 6.0.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    He was a points monster the last 2 months or so of last season, I'd say he got a goal/assist plus bonus in almost every one of the last 10 games. Already have Kuyt and Gerrard in my team but might have a re-think to include Benny and strenghten elsewhere

Yeah according to my own personal stat observation his goals and assists on average were only behind Arshavin and Gerrard which is incredible, especially considering his price. If he was guaranteed games I'd include him in a heartbeat but if he's going to be used as an impact sub then I'd be inclined to avoid the risk.
    playa3 wrote:

Riera is 7 but Benayoun is 7.5. I wouldn't imagine Riera will score too highly.

I wouldn't imagine Riera will score too highly.

Yup, could be wrong but i think he played 90mins 4 times last season.

Yup, could be wrong but i think he played 90mins 4 times last season.

Wouldn't be surprised, he was always substituted.

• Advertisement

Yeah according to my own personal stat observation his goals and assists on average were only behind Arshavin and Gerrard which is incredible, especially considering his price. If he was guaranteed games I'd include him in a heartbeat but if he's going to be used as an impact sub then I'd be inclined to avoid the risk.

Himself and Kuyt were very close in terms of FF points towads the end of the season, so if he was a guaranteed starter then he would be a shoo-in for me too. I just feel Kuyt is the safer bet to start the season at the moment and I'll see how things pan out with Yossi.

Really pleased with my team. I love it.

Only thing is my bench - two players from two top four clubs - but will they get the points if needed?

Well lad's 14 teams in for the Boards head to head so far,6 more to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Well lad's 14 teams in for the Boards head to head so far,6 more to go!

Make that 5 to go ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I imagine Ben Foster will be a very popular man today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Who will Fergie go for? Foster or Kuszczak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Good call. Now for even more tinkering with my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Who will Fergie go for? Foster or Kuszczak?

Surely Foster...after Fergie saying he hopes he'll be VDS's long term successor and that he's Englands best keeper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I think I might go along with what someone said earlier and use the wildcard for GW3 seeing as so many players I want aren't playing in week 2. I always use it early anyway and never really felt like I needed to use it again. Especially with the new double transfer thing.

Whats that? You can do two per game week now is it?

gucci wrote: »
    Whats that? You can do two per game week now is it?

I think it's if you don't use your transfer one week, it rolls over to the next week. But you can't accumulate more than two transfers. Not sure if this is exactly right, correct me if i'm wrong tho..

I just joined the Head to Head league aswell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

eoin99 wrote: »
    I think it's if you don't use your transfer one week, it rolls over to the next week. But you can't accumulate more than two transfers. Not sure if this is exactly right, correct me if i'm wrong tho..

I just joined the Head to Head league aswell...

Yep, that seems about right, will be good news for those weeks where you fecking cant get to change it, or forget about it until your out of your mind drunk on a friday night!

From http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/rules.mc

If you don't use your free transfer then you'll be able to make an additional free transfer the following gameweek. These saved transfers don't accumulate and can only be used the following gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I'm in.

gucci wrote: »
    Yep, that seems about right, will be good news for those weeks where you fecking cant get to change it, or forget about it until your out of your mind drunk on a friday night!

LOL....that's when the tactical genius in us all shines through:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

just joined the head to head league

Why? Is Van der Sar injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Yeah out for 8 weeks. Hand surgery.

Why? Is Van der Sar injured?

Yep - he's out for 8 weeks or so.

Only 1.2% have chosen Foster so far...

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Yep - he's out for 8 weeks or so.

Only 1.2% have chosen Foster so far...

Had 1M to spare so swapped Hart out for Foster :)

nicklauski wrote: »
    Yeah out for 8 weeks. Hand surgery.

It'll be interesting to see who'll start against Chelsea in the charity shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just joined. Gwan the last place!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement