Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When are you all planning on using your wildcard? I remember a lot of people last year made up their mind to use it as soon as Ronaldo returned from injury. Anyone planning on using it early this year?

I'm thinking I might start off with Foster and use it as soon as Van Der Sar returns. I'd say I'll be using it early enough anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I have my team based around the first 2 fixtures. I'll use my wildcard after these 2 games.

The reason being I want a good start, too many of the players I want don't play the 2nd week, I get to see who's in form and I've genuinely only ever felt the need to use the wildcard early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I have my team based around the first 2 fixtures. I'll use my wildcard after these 2 games.

The reason being I want a good start, too many of the players I want don't play the 2nd week, I get to see who's in form and I've genuinely only ever felt the need to use the wildcard early in the season.

Think ill keep my wildcard for a rainy day - gameweek two wont affect me too much. Have it set that I will have funds to bring in Arshavin in GW3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

1: Given
    2: Hangeland
    3: Lescott
    4: Cole A
    5: Gerrard
    6: Arshavin
    7: Fletcher
    8: Anderson
    9: N'Zogbia
    10: Torres (C)
    11: Ebanks-Blake

12: Sorensen
    13: Vela
    14: Bramble
    15: Stearman

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Seeing as Fulhan trounced FK Vetra yesterday will their GW2 game definitely be called off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Right lads, need some advice:

Gomes
    O'Shea
    Givet
    A. Ferdinand
    Gerrard
    Arshavin
    Larsson
    Malbranque
    Torres
    Rooney (C)
    Carlton Cole

I'm thinking of changing Rooney out for Darren Bent and freeing up 4 million. I reckon Darren Bent and Cole should rack up a few points between the two of them.

The 4 million would probably go on:

2 million on changing Malbranque to Valencia (so still have a United attacking player) or perhaps maybe Arteta who I think is also 8 million.
    .5 of a million on changing Gomes to Shay Given.
    1.5 million upgrading O'Shea to a 7 million defender (cashley cole perhaps?)

How much is Bassong for Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lemlin wrote: »
    How much is Bassong for Spurs?
    Eh, why don't you check the site to see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bassong hasn't been added yet, but no Spurs defender is more than 5.5 so I'd imagine he'll be thereabouts.

Can anyone shed some light on the Fulham vs Blackburn GW2 situation now that Fulham are through to the next round of the Europa?

Vidic is out for a few weeks now too - once again I will have to reshuffle :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8189292.stm

Maybe bring in Rio instead... I dunno

thewools wrote: »
    Vidic is out for a few weeks now too - once again I will have to reshuffle :mad:

Why oh why any one selected a team already is beyond me.

<Goes off to make 17th reshuffle>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

any suggestions for a defender for 4m?

Was looking at Wolves but I don't know any of them. Any suggestions, preferably one that goes up for corners/set pieces to get the chance for the odd assist or goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Just realised my team is in tatters for GW2, especially if the Fulham v Blackburn fixture is postponed. My Everton, Man City, Arsenal and Villa players all out of action!

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Was looking at Wolves but I don't know any of them. Any suggestions, preferably one that goes up for corners/set pieces to get the chance for the odd assist or goal?

I stuck in Eckersly cos I reckon he will get first team football at Burnley and could have a few assists here and there. I only have him as a sub though.

Zayatte for Hull did pretty well last year.

Not much of a choice in the 4mill area tbh - if you have an extra 0.5 then Turner should be looked at. Brilliant at attacking corners and free kicks. He got 4 goals last year - not bad!!

bantee wrote: »
    Just realised my team is in tatters for GW2, especially if the Fulham v Blackburn fixture is postponed. My Everton, Man City, Arsenal and Villa players all out of action!

Yea - as it stands the following aint playing in GW2:

Aston Villa
    Man City
    Bolton
    West Ham
    Everton
    Arsenal

And Now possibly Blackburn and Fulham

The Irish right back, Foley. He was Wolves POTY last season. Good attacker and Wolves have a decent run of games at the start.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Eh, why don't you check the site to see?

It's blocked here in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Excuse my ignorance but why might the Fulham V Blackburn game be postponed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Jugs82 wrote: »

If Fulham progress in the Europa league.

• Advertisement

Jugs82 wrote: »
    The same reason the other games were, European games. Fulham play in the Europa on the 20th so their game against Blackburn will have to be postponed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2009/August/BlackburnFixture.aspx
    Due to Fulham’s progression in the UEFA Europa League the home match against Blackburn Rovers, which was due to be played on Tuesday 18th August 2009, has been postponed.

Details of the rearranged fixture will be announced as soon as possible.

Ticketing news to follow…

Sh*te.... that means I have to completely redo my team.

As for when to use your wildcard, last year I held back on it until the fixture list got congested & about 6 teams were playing twice in the same week - it worked well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I think i've settled on this:

Jaaskelainen

Evra A.Cole Warnock

Lampard(c) Valencia N'Zogbia Utaka

Torres Crouch Doyle

Subs: Kirkland, Figeuroa, Murphy

What ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'm all over the place....keep changing everything. With a lot of the teams missing the second game I found it easier to pile up on defence.

So, at the moment it is:

Kuszczak (or foster, depending on next week)

Cole A, Zhirkov, Ferdinand, Johnson, Carragher

Benayoun, Lampard (C), Modric, Malbranque

Bent

Have to make a decision on Benayoun too, not sure if he'll be making the team consistently.

Ok so I've had to get rid of Samba and Murphy because of the Fulham V Blackburn game postponed. Brought in Richardson and Distin instead. Think I'll settle with this team now:

Given

Sagna Lescott Evra

Valencia Modric A Young Richardson

Rooney(c) Defoe Doyle

Subs: Fulop Cattermole Distin Eckersly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ok so I've decided that instead of taking all the players not playing in week 2 out, I'm going to take a huge chance and leave 4 of them in and just sub in the players who are playing in week 2. I'm putting a lot of faith in Sunderland to do well...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2009/August/BlackburnFixture.aspx

Sh*te.... that means I have to completely redo my team.

As for when to use your wildcard, last year I held back on it until the fixture list got congested & about 6 teams were playing twice in the same week - it worked well for me.

In all fairness, I'd plan your team around the entire season and not just gameweek 2. I'm fortunate enough that, at the moment, I'll only have Carlton Cole, Arshavin and Givet miss GW 2. I wouldn't change anyone out of my team for one gameweek though. Especially when its this early in the season.

thewools wrote: »

I assume O'Shea will replace him...hmmm

Lemlin wrote: »
    In all fairness, I'd plan your team around the entire season and not just gameweek 2. I'm fortunate enough that, at the moment, I'll only have Carlton Cole, Arshavin and Givet miss GW 2. I wouldn't change anyone out of my team for one gameweek though. Especially when its this early in the season.

I was torn between Lampard and Arshavin but picked Lamps after I saw GW2. In a couple of weeks I think I may switch them because the extra 1.5m could get me Wayne Rooney over Robinho.

• Advertisement

PH4T wrote: »
    I assume O'Shea will replace him...hmmm

Ferdinand is 1m less, Johnny Evans WILL replace him and he's 5.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

If GW2 was a full gameweek, I'd be 99.9% happy with my team. Now I basically have to make wholesale changes... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i'm in, what a price for tevez

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Is there a private league for boards players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Who are the best forwards for the 4-4.5 range? What's the recommended formation? I have 3-5-2, might go for 4-5-1! And is there a list anywhere of each team's player of the year awards and nominations etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hoki wrote:

There was one set up for 20 places which I think has been filled. Not sure if there has been another one set up.
    doonothing wrote: »
    Who are the best forwards for the 4-4.5 range? What's the recommended formation? I have 3-5-2, might go for 4-5-1! And is there a list anywhere of each team's player of the year awards and nominations etc.?

Cameron Jerome seems to be getting pre-season games. Not sure if the others will feature much. I'd say best formation depends on where your strengths are. I tended to go 3-4-3 last year. As for player of the year awards, best I could find on that was here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1184496/Golden-gongs-Sportsmails-guide-YOUR-teams-player-year.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

2: Hughes fulham

3: Ferdinand utd

4: Young L villa

5: Carragher

6: Terry

7: Gerrard
    (C)
    8: Petrov

9: Owen

10: Johnson A

11: Beattie

12: Schwarzer
    Goalkeeper

13: Carrick
    Midfielder man utd

14: McCarthy
    Midfielder wigan

15: Andrews
    Midfielder blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

2: Hughes fulham

3: Ferdinand utd

4: Young L villa

5: Carragher

6: Terry

7: Gerrard
    (C)
    8: Petrov

9: Owen

10: Johnson A

11: Beattie

12: Schwarzer
    Goalkeeper

13: Carrick
    Midfielder man utd

14: McCarthy
    Midfielder wigan

15: Andrews
    Midfielder blackburn

Grand 1-7, too much money on bench, I would replace carrick and schwarzer with cheaper subs and upgrade petrov, owen and johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hoki wrote: »

There is,the code is 843-348. Mr Nice Guy was confused,he thought you were asking about a head to head league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Invincible wrote: »
    There is,the code is 843-348. Mr Nice Guy was confused,he thought you were asking about a head to head league!

whats the difference between that one and the boards.ie one that the OP posted

irish-stew wrote: »
    whats the difference between that one and the boards.ie one that the OP posted

The one posted in the OP is the regular league format, based on each individual team's accumulated points. The other league being talked about is a head-to-head, a new feature to this season's game (well it was in last season's too but the draws were random, in this you can form private leagues) based on head to head matches between people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭delspeed78

Do these head to head leagues start up automatically in your private league or do you have to activate them?....Afaik we only have the one league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

The head to head needs to be set up and the code entered by each team that want's to participate in it.We limited the 1st one to the 1st 20 teams to enter,like the premier league to have a home and away match during the season.It only takes a minute to set it up and post the code in your message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Given

Zhirkov
    Evra
    Hangeland
    Warnock

Lampard
    Young
    Ireland
    Valencia
    Anderson

Bent

Subs
    Sorensen
    Ebanks-Blake
    Doyle
    Turner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Bassong is up, and he's 5.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Who, in your opinion, is going to score more, Drogba or Anelka?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Hard to say considering Ancelotti plans on playing them together this season.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

made is some changes

e7i9l5.png

12109-200408
    set up a boards.ie league ala Renford rejects.
    Open contest.First 20 are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

miralize wrote: »
    made is some changes

e7i9l5.png

Traore isn't gonna be playing, unless he goes out on loan.

Oh and your captain is out for the first two matches, though I'm sure you know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

With forwards being the most expensive to buy at even the cheap end of market arent you better off having 3 forwards playing every week in order to maximise the resources you have on the pitch each week. Pointless having only one or two forwards as your week to week formation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement