Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Macker1 wrote: »
    I know its early days but Jaglielka is out injured to near christmas afaik

Since found that out :) Yobo costs the same so no biggie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why anyone can pick a team when barely any transfers have gone through I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've come up with a few decent looking teams but it's deciding on which one to go with that's the problem. Still, you gotta love this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Player prices are way up this year. Love FF though il be doing alot of tinkering for the next while! Finished 20th last year on the boards one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Call of Booty is in :D

Gomes

Davies
    Terry----Ferdinand
    Zhirkov

Jimenez
    Gerrard
    Murphy

Doyle
    Owen
    Robinho

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

The league will be locked at the end of September. Good idea about only allowing new members to joing if they are boardsie's and then can then PM for the code!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anybody interesting in throwing some money towards the league? Top 3 get the $$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Just got me team setup and entered. The prices of the players are quite high :eek:, proves difficult to get what you want for 100 million :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Steven reid for £5m looks quite good to me

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oh this exciting! Think I'll just lash in any old team until City finish the spending. Sign me up for a Head 2 Head as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Might take part in this,never did a ff before so ill have to read up about it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

3. Use your free transfer next Gameweek
    Don't need to make a free transfer or forget one week? If you don't use your free transfer in a Gameweek then it will carry over to the next Gameweek.

I assume it only carries over once? As in, you can't build up a load of free transfers by not using them?
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Guarenteed to play but never a goal and rarely an assist.

I always felt that defensive midfielders should get points for tackles, passes intercepted etc. It's a pity they're not really appreciated by FF calculations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Wohoo - the countdown begins:

Given

Ferdinand
    Cole
    Dunne

Lampard
    Gerrard (c)
    Essien
    Jimenez
    Muamba

Robinho
    Doyle

Subs:

Hart
    Shawcross
    Cahill
    Cousin

Should be an interesting league without Ronaldo this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Have just thrown a team into the boards league.

I know its early days but for gameweek 2, arsenal, west ham, everton, bolton, man city and villa are not playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

JPA wrote: »
    Why anyone can pick a team when barely any transfers have gone through I don't know.

Tis just fun and games :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Schwarzer
    --Sagna
    Vidic
    Zhirkov--
    Barry
    Gerard(c)
    Neville
    Arteta--
    ---Ebanks-Blake
    Rooney
    McFadden---

Hart
    Muamba
    Ab Faye
    Berra

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I always felt that defensive midfielders should get points for tackles, passes intercepted etc. It's a pity they're not really appreciated by FF calculations.
    Have a look at the FF over on the Guardian website. All sorts of stats get scores on that one - clearances, tackles, interceptions, crosses. It's fairly kick ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

How do we sign up for the boards head to head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

First draft of a team -

Schwarzer

Evra
    Skrtel
    Cahill
    Clichy

Noble
    Lampard
    Pienaar
    Fletcher

Torres
    Robinho

Subs: Hart, Nelsen, Fahey, Fuller

Anybody interested in setting up a league like last year where you couldnt pick any players from the top 4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Three full pages of team already in the Boards league!

Good idea about a league without players from the top 4. I would ve interested if anybody set it up!!

Hart

Evra, Cole, Dunne, Woodgate, Carragher

Lampard, Gerrard, Lawrence

Drogba, Ebanks-Blake

subs:
    Sorenson
    N'Zonzi
    Grella
    Beattie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

S.Given

A.Cole
    P.Evra
    R.Dunne

S.Ireland
    S.Gerrard
    J.Milner
    Y.Benayoun

K.Doyle
    Rodallega
    F.Torres

and a load of crap subs I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yeh Lads Someone Set Up A League Where We Can't Pick From The Top 4.
    Makes Things More Intresting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

If Zhirkov is a certain starter @ 7.5m and classed as a defender, he must be the buy of the season. He will play as a left-sided winger and should amass bucket-loads of points due to clean sheets, assists and goals. The only danger is squad rotation with Malouda - nothing more head-wrecking in the game than that eg Van Persie, Skertal, Agger.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Brayruit - very likely to change drastically, but I've joined anyway.

1: Schwarzer

2: O'Shea
    3: Cole A
    4: Faye Ab
    13: Lescott

6: Lampard
    (C)
    7: Young A
    8: Ireland
    9: Neville

10: (Carlton) Cole
    11: Anelka

Subs:
    12: Zuberbuhler
    5: Ricketts
    14: Kompany
    15: Cresswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The first draft of Aaron's Red Barons. More than likely will change one or two

T. Howard

A. Hughes
    S. Warnock
    L. Baines
    Y. Zhirkov

S. Gerrard (C)
    P. Neville
    L. Modric
    S. Nasri

F. Torres
    S. Ebanks-Blake

Subs:
    R. Green
    R. Shawcross
    R. Gardner
    B. Zamora

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jaysus just joined up there..
    theres loads ready to join the boards league already,
    happy days!
    defending my 230th(ish) position last season i present

1:Schwarzer

2: Cole A
    3: Hangeland
    4: Figueroa
    5: Carragher

6: Lampard (c)
    7: Geovanni
    8: Alonso
    9: Benayoun

10: Anelka
    11: Johnson A

12: Green
    13: Bramble
    14: Muamba
    15: Beattie

come on the tribe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

jamesozzie wrote: »
    The league will be locked at the end of September. Good idea about only allowing new members to joing if they are boardsie's and then can then PM for the code!!!

+1 Good idea
    RasTa wrote: »
    Anybody interesting in throwing some money towards the league? Top 3 get the $$$$$

+1 well up for this
    Jugs82 wrote: »
    Anybody interested in setting up a league like last year where you couldnt pick any players from the top 4...

+1 and I get to defend my title
    joe123 wrote: »
    How do we sign up for the boards head to head?

???

My Team for now

Schwarzer

----Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Zhirkov

Lampard
    Behrami
    Gardner----Mascherano

Rooney
    Torres----Doyle

A Boards H2H League has yet to be made, or else a code would've been posted in here which there hasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

There was an entrance fee of €20 for 'No Top 4' league, €10 which went to the Santa Strike Force and €10 of which got pooled for the winner. I'd be happy to do that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm sure the h2h leagues are limited to 38 teams/

There was an entrance fee of €20 for 'No Top 4' league, €10 which went to the Santa Strike Force and €10 of which got pooled for the winner. I'd be happy to do that again.

+ 1

I'm happy to set the league up if everybody is OK with that say maybe 2-3 weeks out from the first gameweek we can organise the entry fee to be paid, same as last year €20 with half to the SSF (though i have to find out who to give this to)

Let me know what ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Can we set up more than one head to head league does anyone know?

I'd be interested in setting up a non-payment one for regular board users and a Arsenal one for Gonners on the board.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I'm sure the h2h leagues are limited to 38 teams/

Doesn't seem to be a limit actually but it wouldn't be great having loads of teams.

#

Limit the number of players if you want to create a league where each player plays each other the same number of times. With 38 rounds remaining a league limited to 38 players and 1 knock-out round(s) would result in one match between each player.

If your league has an odd number of teams then an average player will be added to ensure everyone has a match each gameweek. The average player will score the average points each gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Kinda32 team, subject to at least 10 changes before kick off!!

1: Given
    2: Bridge
    3: Corluka
    4: Hangeland
    5: Young A
    6: Dempsey
    7: Arshavin
    8: Fellaini
    9: Robinho
    10: Torres (C)
    11: Cole
    12: Hart
    13: Zayatte
    14: Anderson
    15: Ridgewell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Jugs82 wrote: »
    + 1

I'm happy to set the league up if everybody is OK with that say maybe 2-3 weeks out from the first gameweek we can organise the entry fee to be paid, same as last year €20 with half to the SSF (though i have to find out who to give this to)

Let me know what ye think

Guys, I suggest if you do go ahead with this that you start a separate thread so that it doesn't get lost in among the general league chatter.

I'll respond to your PM very shortly Jugs.

I'd be up for joining any other Boards head to head league also or a league without the top 4 that we pay to enter!! count me in if anybody is doing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Just picked my team, found it incredibly hard thsi year compared to last, and no doubt will change countless times before kickoff...

Cech

-Zirkov--Hangeeland--Figeroa--Turner--

-Gerrard--Anderson--Arteta--A Young--

Torres--Owen

Sorensen
    Delfounso
    ****tu
    Gudjonson

Oh yea, team name ofc, Crocodiles N Kittens.

Are A.Cole, J.Cole and Zhirkov all expected to be in Chelsea's first team this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Are A.Cole, J.Cole and Zhirkov all expected to be in Chelsea's first team this season?
    I think it a bit early to say, they said they're going to make a big signing so it could depend on who they bring in. I would expect A.Cole to be first choice, Zhirkov to be competing with Malouda and J.Cole is hard to call, I would rate him very highly but they have a strong midfield and if they bring in another one it might be hard for him to get into the team. Thats just my opinion though, so could be completely wrong.

One for the Liverpool fans I guess...

What are the chances of Benayoun being a regular starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

One for the Liverpool fans I guess...

What are the chances of Benayoun being a regular starter?

How do you define regular?

Depends on who we sign, but at the moment I'd say he has a decent chance of starting but so does Riera. He finished last season really strongly and if he plays the same amount of minutes and keeps up the same level of form he will be a bargain buy.

On current (end of last season) form, Benny has a place in the starting team but this is a new season.

On the other hand its likely enough Riera will be preferred for his natural width, and likely again that the 2 will be rotated/rested. So it'd be a bit of a risk to put him in perhaps.

So to answer your question there is no real conclusive answer. I personally don't like bringing in players in FF who may not be guaranteed a place.

Can't wait for this to kick off, its making me look forward to the new season all the more.

Morzadec wrote: »
    How do you define regular?

Depends on who we sign, but at the moment I'd say he has a decent chance of starting but so does Riera. He finished last season really strongly and if he plays the same amount of minutes and keeps up the same level of form he will be a bargain buy.

On current (end of last season) form, Benny has a place in the starting team but this is a new season.

On the other hand its likely enough Riera will be preferred for his natural width, and likely again that the 2 will be rotated/rested. So it'd be a bit of a risk to put him in perhaps.

So to answer your question there is no real conclusive answer. I personally don't like bringing in players in FF who may not be guaranteed a place.

Can't wait for this to kick off, its making me look forward to the new season all the more.

Yes it does look a risky option but I am considering it. According to my amateur observations he started just 21 games and was a sub 11 times yet still notched up 8 goals and 5 assists which is extremely impressive for a guy rated at £7.5m.

As you say though if he is going to be heavily rotated then it puts a dampener on that idea.

• Advertisement

Mr nice guy

benni is a brilliant sub,the minute he comes on I always put a bet on him to score and 9/10 he does

maybe benni as a sub ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Headshot wrote: »
    maybe benni as a sub ?

7.5 on a sub is madness.

SickBoy wrote: »
    7.5 on a sub is madness.

didnt relies that he was that much

Mr nice guy move on,I dont see benni starting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'd have to say that Modric or Lennon look better value at 7.5.
    But if Benayoun starts and is on form he will probably bring in more points. Too much of an 'if' for me though. Plus the added annoyance of the possibility of him coming on for the last 10 minutes and only getting you one point, taking the place of a sub who might have got you 2 points plus.

On a side note, some Spurs players seem like pretty good value this year. Woodgate for 5 looks a bargain, or even Gomes at 5 (you might laugh but Spurs were keeping a lot of home clean sheets towards the second half of the season). A lot of these prices are based on the fact that Spurs were awful for the first third of the season, but they are a different proposition under Redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Will throw a team in when I get a chance over the next few days.

Added to Hot Thread sticky.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement