Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

A month is what I heard before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

myffteam.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dónal wrote: »
    A month is what I heard before.

So long then Brana, you served me well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Fair play Sherifu. Was hoping to break 100 this week but it didn't work out for me.

Whereabouts in the standings are you now?

Just made 3 rash transfers.

Hope they come good

It was
    Shawcross in for Ivanovic
    Hughes in for Dunne
    Etherington in for Eagles

attachment.php?attachmentid=108689&stc=1&d=1269526370

Stoke have a good run in, and are probably going to keep giving it their till the end of the season, unlike a few other teams, and thats why I've tripled up on them..

Next week, Bent in for Bentdner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Fair play Sherifu. Was hoping to break 100 this week but it didn't work out for me.

Whereabouts in the standings are you now?
    Cheers. :) Just broke into the top 20k, sitting at around 19.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

Gomes PO (H)
    Hart AR (H)
    Collins CH (A)
    Song BI (A)
    Bikey BR (H)
    Evra BW (A)
    Carr AR (H)
    Arteta WW (A)
    Malouda AV (H)
    O'Hara TH (A)
    Milner CHE(A)
    Eagles BR (H)
    Bent LI (A)
    Drogba AV (H)
    Rooney BW(A)

oK, Thats my squad! 123 points last week! Feel like rooney wont play this wkend...collins days is numbered, and my bench of eagles, bikey and ohara is shocking!
    But only a few weeks to go, is it wise to sell milner and rooney? for TORRES (at home to sunderland) and fabregas???:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Some advice needed please. I have 2 transfers this week. I want to do one of the following:

Milner and Ivanovic out for Arteta and Bale

OR

Adam Johnson and Ivanovic out for Arteta and Zubar

Spurs have a tough run-in but not sure if I want to get rid of Milner either. Any suggestions?

Some advice needed please. I have 2 transfers this week. I want to do one of the following:

OR

Spurs have a tough run-in but not sure if I want to get rid of Milner either. Any suggestions?

zubar ha ha! flukey goal in a double gameweek and people considering buying him :D

shovelsfc wrote: »
    zubar ha ha! flukey goal in a double gameweek and people considering buying him :D

Fair point ShovelsFC. If he was to come in he wouldn't be a starter, put it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fair point ShovelsFC. If he was to come in he wouldn't be a starter, put it that way.

Better off holding onto Milner and shipping out Johnson imo.

Johnson is not a guarenteed starter and will be very difficult to use effectively...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

I have Zubar. Great value bench player at only 3.8m and plays every match. Two tough games coming up and then an easy run in.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Better off holding onto Milner and shipping out Johnson imo.

Johnson is not a guarenteed starter and will be very difficult to use effectively...

Cheers, that's true about Johnson. Would like to get Bale in too, he is some man for the bonus points. Handy gameweek against Portsmouth coming up but Spurs have the top three to play soon too.

OR

Arteta is a must, buy him now before u start thinkin of another player.

Cheers, that's true about Johnson. Would like to get Bale in too, he is some man for the bonus points. Handy gameweek against Portsmouth coming up but Spurs have the top three to play soon too.

Yeah I would have thought a Spurs defender was a pretty terrible investment tbh...

Cheers lads, went with the Arteta and Zubar option. Defence has taken a hit but midfield and strikeforce is strong.

Is OHARA playin dis wkend??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

shovelsfc wrote: »
    Is OHARA playin dis wkend??

He cant because of hes on loan from Spurs and its in his contact. So he wont be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

What are people's opinions of Gudjohnsen?? He's cheap at 5.5 & playing Pompey at the weekend...not sure if he's guaranteed to start though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So is Bendtner injured? What about Rooney and Drogba too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

eoin99 wrote: »
    What are people's opinions of Gudjohnsen?? He's cheap at 5.5 & playing Pompey at the weekend...not sure if he's guaranteed to start though

Asked that question yesterday, and last night he was excellent I thought, so I'm leaning towards him. He could drop to the bench, which makes it a bit of a risk...Duff or Murphy are similar prices.

Gudjohnsen would be a bit of a gamble overall, but if you had no other transfers to make, I think its worth it.

So is Bendtner injured? What about Rooney and Drogba too?

Bendtner should play.

"He should be OK," revealed Arsène Wenger, on Arsenal.com

Song away to Birmingham or Shawcross away to West Ham??

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Milner and dunne are doubts for villa, i have collins and warnock but i fear they might get a mauling v chelsea with villa tiring now with all those games. Might drop those 2 for 2 from bale/song/assou ekotto or similar.

Drogba limped off but ive not heard anything so i think hes fit.

Thoughts?

Fancy Shawcross for a header, West Ham are poor at the back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My big mistake this year was investing money on defenders as well as midfield and strikers. Defenders are really not getting the points really this year.

If they concede two goals more likely they end up with just 1 point which does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Frisbee wrote: »
    Any word on how long Ivanovic is out for?

I got him in at 5.5 so will be losing out on .3 if I sell him now and try buy him back...
    Liar! He was never that low. ;)

Tbh, I'm glad I've been given a reason to ship him as he hasn't been worth the money. 25pts in his last 10 games is a terrible return. Stupidly I always thought he'd come good. :rolleyes:

daithijjj wrote: »
    Milner and dunne are doubts for villa, i have collins and warnock but i fear they might get a mauling v chelsea with villa tiring now with all those games. Might drop those 2 for 2 from bale/song/assou ekotto or similar.

Drogba limped off but ive not heard anything so i think hes fit.

Careful with Assou Ekotto. He may not have a spot in the team with Huddelstone and Bently back. But Bale has been playing well so maybe they will leave him LW and put BAE left back, but its just too hard to know. Bale could easily go back to LB and Modric could move back out left. Just a word or warning.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Liar! He was never that low. ;)

5.6, my bad

• Advertisement

Thinking of getting rid of Milner and Dunne this week. No money left in bank who would you buy if you had choice?

Plan buy back Milner after this weekend, Dunne has been good for me but have Collins in there too and at moment need bit more attacking flair.

Tempted to get Bale at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Thinking of getting rid of Milner and Dunne this week. No money left in bank who would you buy if you had choice?

Plan buy back Milner after this weekend, Dunne has been good for me but have Collins in there too and at moment need bit more attacking flair.

Tempted to get Bale at least.

Arteta for Milner if you can afford him.

I just got rid of Rooney for Torres (I feel sick!)
    Dunne out, Distin in. (save a few bob and better fixtures)
    Lee out, Aquilani in. ( I'm not sure if im MAD tbh! Am I????)
    Just a 4pt hit.

Team looking like this atm;

Sorensen
    Distin Bramble Ridgewell
    Fab N'Zogbia Aquilani Lamps
    Torres Drogs Bendtner

Subs: Hart, Ricketts, Collins, Mendy.
    1820pts, 145 in Boards league, 103.2 team value with 0.5 in bank.

Not sure between Collins and Ridgewell??? Not good option either way!

Thinking it has to be Torres for captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thinking of bringing in Pavlychenko, hopefully he will start.

Drogba or Torres for captain? Hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I just got rid of Rooney for Torres (I feel sick!)
    Dunne out, Distin in. (save a few bob and better fixtures)
    Lee out, Aquilani in. ( I'm not sure if im MAD tbh! Am I????)
    Just a 4pt hit.

Team looking like this atm;

Sorensen
    Distin Bramble Ridgewell
    Fab N'Zogbia Aquilani Lamps
    Torres Drogs Bendtner

Subs: Hart, Ricketts, Collins, Mendy.
    1820pts, 145 in Boards league, 103.2 team value with 0.5 in bank.

Not sure between Collins and Ridgewell??? Not good option either way!

Thinking it has to be Torres for captain.

Nice looking team... I would go with ridgewell, and C Torres

Johner wrote: »
    Thinking of bringing in Pavlychenko, hopefully he will start.

Drogba or Torres for captain? Hmm.

Yea I thought about Pav. Only thing about Spurs is they have 3 very tough games coming up in GW 34. So it would prob be a short term transfer, which I couldn't afford to make. I fancy him to do well this week though. I'd be surprised if he didn't start to be honest. Drogs at home to Villa or Torres at home to Sunderland?? It has to be Torres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I didn't have enough for Pav. :( Took a gamble Gudjohnson instead for N'Zogbia, will probably buy N'Zogbia back next week. Expect Gudjohnson to be on the bench now.:pac:

Green

Song
    Shawcross
    R.Johnson

Gudjohnson
    Malouda
    Modric
    Fabregas
    A.Young

Drogba
    Torres

Subs
    Sorenson
    Sharner
    Warnock
    C.Cole

Happy enough with that squad.

Captaincy not yet decided. I'm hoping the Spuds do a number on Pompey. :pac: :(

An Citeog wrote: »
    Arteta for Milner if you can afford him.

Ya I can thanks.

I was thinking of him too must be said. He has one in 5 chance at this stage kind looking at few others. Thing is I have Distin and Pienaar from Everton too. hmmm flip it might take chance on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Malouda or Arteta?

Johner wrote: »
    I didn't have enough for Pav. :( Took a gamble Gudjohnson instead for N'Zogbia, will probably buy N'Zogbia back next week. Expect Gudjohnson to be on the bench now.:pac:

Green

Song
    Shawcross
    R.Johnson

Gudjohnson
    Malouda
    Modric
    Fabregas
    A.Young

Drogba
    Torres

Subs
    Sorenson
    Sharner
    Warnock
    C.Cole

Happy enough with that squad.

Captaincy not yet decided. I'm hoping the Spuds do a number on Pompey. :pac: :(

Thats Class Midfield.

Malouda or Arteta?

I'd go with Arteta. Chelsea have Villa and Untied next two games while Everton have Wolves and West Ham. Hes is slightly more expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Hart

Dunne--Distin--Bale

Milner--Fabregas--Kranjcar (C)--Arteta--Malouda

Rooney--Drogba

Subs:

Hahnemann
    Bendtner
    Dann
    Ricketts

Taking a chance with Kranjcar Captain and got rid of a couple of players for Kranjcar and Bale as i think Spurs will unfortunately hit form, hoping for an optimistic 70+ haul to keep me in contention in my private leagues. Fingers crossed!

Any opinions on my team ?. Have £1m in the bank, team value is currently £107.6m and after getting 123 there last week.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Hart

Dunne--Distin--Bale
    Rooney--Drogba
    Subs:
    Hahnemann
    Bendtner
    Dann
    Ricketts

Taking a chance with Kranjcar Captain and got rid of a couple of players for Kranjcar and Bale as i think Spurs will unfortunately hit form, hoping for an optimistic 70+ haul to keep me in contention in my private leagues. Fingers crossed!

Any opinions on my team ?. Have £1m in the bank, team value is currently £107.6m and after getting 123 there last week.

Decent side you were right to get in some Spurs players.

Pompey are missing O Hara too as he cant play against team who loaned him out.

I bought Distin last week and after two clean sheets am very happy with that move (for change;))..

Getting Captain right is important this week again as there not any team that stands out to win easy. I prob stick with Drogba again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

dddsny.jpg

Left with this for the weekend. Thought about bringing in spurs players but they have a tough run coming up, cant be arsed with shipping them out afterwards. All strikers at home, hopefully torres takes his wrath out on sunderland :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think this gameweek was always going to be more important than last weeks dgw splurge.

This is the week where people wake up with a dreadful hangover thinking "I wish I hadn't bought so much Villa Schnaps or Brumfast".

I know many people who brought in 4-5 players to get a 100+ week last week and now have a team of players who will score feck all over the next 2-3 weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think this gameweek was always going to be more important than last weeks dgw splurge.

This is the week where people wake up with a dreadful hangover thinking "I wish I hadn't bought so much Villa Schnaps or Brumfast".

I know many people who brought in 4-5 players to get a 100+ week last week and now have a team of players who will score feck all over the next 2-3 weeks.
    Yup. I didn't go mad myself but my team is still not great.

Given

Dunne
    Evra
    Craddock

Malouda
    Etherington
    Milner
    Arteta

Rooney (C)
    Rodallega
    Bent

Back line could bar Evra could be in minus figures this week. :(

Goin to go with something like this:

Given

Dawson
    Distan
    Shawcross

Valencia
    Fabregas(c)
    Etherington
    Arteta
    Hunt

Drogba
    Rooney

Subs: Hart, Jerome, Collins, Dann

Going to get rid of Hunt, but still dont know who for, Gudjohnsen or Duff/Murphy, leaning towards a Fulham player, since Gj might not get that much gametime, and a few tough fixtures coming up for the spuds.

112 last week, up 34 places last week to 130....should be so much higher though...:pac:
    Think I should do ok this week. Dont have the Villa/Chelsea Arsenal/Birmingham problem that most have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Captaincy - Rooney, Lamps or Tevez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Good point FutureGuy, top of all my leages but have too much of a concentration on Villa and Chelsea, which are obviously going to offset each other this weekend! Have no red jersey in my team so it looks a bit strange1 Going to bring in Song or Distin this weekend, have plenty of money in bank and think Villa just running out of steam and form

x PyRo wrote: »
    Hart

Dunne--Distin--Bale

Rooney--Drogba

Subs:

Hahnemann
    Bendtner
    Dann
    Ricketts

Love the risky move for captain choice, but a word of warning. Kranjcar came off at half time in the FA cup replay vs Fulham, and Bently came on and scored and assisted. So with Bently and Tom Hudd back he could every well not start or if he does, could easily come off.

Very nice team though.

Brought in Assou-Ekotto for Brana this week.

Wanted to get rid of one of Downing, Larsson or Tevez but wasn't interested in taking the hit.

ff-3.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement