Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Frisbee wrote: »
    See this? Hanhemann in goal!

Just checked my team there for some reason and Hart is in goal with Hanhemann on the bench with 9 points!

Wtf?!

You never saved it. Look at Hart's number.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe123 wrote: »
    I hope to god they get rid of that ****ty vice captain thing next year. Its bull****. It just makes the game more about luck than anything on days like this. People are going to jump 28 points because of bloody luck.

Yeah its a bit shi..oh wait I have Frankey Boy as my vice captain and Drogba...woohooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

Zhirkov finally comes through for me. Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Drogba and Shawcross on the bench means Dunne with -2 comes into the starting line-up. Bah!!!

That plus 5 points from 3 Arsenal players plus 2 from Milner = :(

Malouda+Sorensen+Jagielka only decent performers.

Save me now Jebus captain Torres and gulp....Insua and N'Zogbia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

That imbecile Almuina only got me 2 points thanks to his clanger, more annoying when i have Sorensen unused on the bench with 8 points :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Drogba and Shawcross on the bench means Dunne with -2 comes into the starting line-up. Bah!!!

That plus 5 points from 3 Arsenal players plus 2 from Milner = :(

Malouda+Sorensen+Jagielka only decent performers.

Save me now Jebus captain Torres and gulp....Insua and N'Zogbia

Dont subs only come in if they improve your team? or do they come in regardless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

No any player eligable comes in regardless.

26 points this week.

Lampard outscores 15 players put together.

FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

well this is great, 22 pts before bonus*, 2 to play, assuming they play, and 2 pts on the bench

on a plus note, just discovered beer in the garage i forgot was there

*hopes they are yet to be decided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

No any player eligable comes in regardless.

Cheers.

Doesnt affect my team but its a stupid rule imo if they dont add subs into a team in the opposite circumstance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

All those hating Lampard today will be glad to know he got the 3 bonus points aswell giving him 28 before defaulting to peoples captain for a nice 56 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Cheers Frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

51 points after bonus with Tevez, Johnson, Caldwell and Torres (c) to play.

Fukk that vice captain rule from a great height!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Another one here with Rooney as captain but switches to Lampard...also think I'll have Dann (6 pts) subbing in for Zamora who didn't play. 79 pts so far with 2 to play on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

:eek: 94 and 4 left to play - delighted. As far as I can see I'll move from 10th to 5th in my main league, where I've been hovering in the last 3 months. Big breakthrough week, good ole Lamps and Malouda. Now to captain Lampard or Rooney next week

ps. If anyone like myself has him, Dawson is out for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Woohoo, 83 points :D
    Had Drogba as my captain which moves onto Lampard
    Happy out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Would of had a decent week if this vice captain rule hadnt ruined things.

There already is alot of luck involved in this game but id like to think you need knowledge of the game aswell.

A good example is a fella second in one of my leagues bought modric and captained him. It was a good move but it has completely backfired on him as he'l only get six points even though he had lampard. If he hadnt gone to the bother of buying modric he would of probably have lampard as vice captain coming in for him now....as opposed to another one in the same league didnt bother with their team had drogba as captain and now will go straight to Lampard.

lol, just seen the updated league positions, amazingly have not lost to many places, might be a different story when automatic subsitutions kick in

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I did so bvadly I'm kinda impressed by it

Jensen BU -
    Evra MU 6
    Vermaelen AR -
    Corluka TH -
    Dunne AV -2
    Duff FU -
    Fabregas AR 2
    Hunt HC -
    Rooney (C) MU -
    Bent SU -
    Drogba CH -

subs
    Hart BI 90 - - 1 - - - - 6 - 2.8 4.7 -
    N'Zogbia WA - - - - - - - - - - 1.8 6.2 -
    Diame WA - - - - - - - - - - 2.2 4.5 -
    Stearman WW - - - - - - - - - - 0.0 3.7

total so far = 6
    minus 4 points for 2 transfers (lampard out for fabregas and ivanovic out for corluka)
    hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

From leading a league to at least 60 points behind by Monday, yep, what a load of big hairy balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

so i have drogs as my captain, he didnt play...
    based on form..
    rooney would have prob replaced drogs..(not sure)
    rooney also didnt play...
    so my guess is next in line would be...
    LAMPARD...
    sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

using vice captain on form, it uses whoever has the highest average from the last 8 games. dunno who else is on your team though, but just thought i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

evil_seed wrote: »
    using vice captain on form, it uses whoever has the highest average from the last 8 games. dunno who else is on your team though, but just thought i'd say

the oul lampard is in line, just checked the "data view" section and hes on 9.5..
    nice! reckon ill hit the 90 mark hopefully

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My Sunday just got better. Checking the data view and Malouda is on 10.5 so he'll be taking over from Rooney :D

If of course thats how it it works and you guys wouldn't lie :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

papagormo wrote: »
    so i have drogs as my captain, he didnt play...
    based on form..
    rooney would have prob replaced drogs..(not sure)
    rooney also didnt play...
    so my guess is next in line would be...
    LAMPARD...
    sweet!

I'm in a similar boat, Rooney captain....emergency captain based on form should be Arteta, he also didn't play next person on form is Malouda, will it go to Malouda? or will it just stick to arteta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

My Sunday just got better. Checking the data view and Malouda is on 10.5 so he'll be taking over from Rooney :D

If of course thats how it it works and you guys wouldn't lie :P

You have a choice of setting it to value or form. So depending on what you had it set to. If its form Malouda will get it, but if its value, your highest value player will get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Does anyone know when you set your vice captain to form, is it the player with the highest form before the gameweek gets underway or when the gameweek is finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

same with regards to captain..had rooney but i had mine set to value..And its Lampard :D

Would of had a decent week if this vice captain rule hadnt ruined things.

There already is alot of luck involved in this game but id like to think you need knowledge of the game aswell.

A good example is a fella second in one of my leagues bought modric and captained him. It was a good move but it has completely backfired on him as he'l only get six points even though he had lampard. If he hadnt gone to the bother of buying modric he would of probably have lampard as vice captain coming in for him now....as opposed to another one in the same league didnt bother with their team had drogba as captain and now will go straight to Lampard.

Would you stop moaning about it? It's part of the game you signed up for. I personally agree with it because you'd be moaning if your captain got injured during the warm up and it didn't get passed on. Get over it. Had a shocking week myself. 25 points with N'Zogbia, Tevez and Insua to play. And captaincy to be changed to Fab!

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Would you stop moaning about it? It's part of the game you signed up for. I personally agree with it because you'd be moaning if your captain got injured during the warm up and it didn't get passed on. Get over it. Had a shocking week myself. 25 points with N'Zogbia, Tevez and Insua to play. And captaincy to be changed to Fab!

Calm down good lad! If you must know me and ALL my mates thought the captaincy rule was bollix from day one! Last year having a captaincy could make or break you. This year its in place to suit those who play the game and might not bother with their team for a few weeks.

People made good decisions this week on buying and captaining Spurs players or liverpool players yet they'l be the ones punished! Theres already luck involved in the game but this vice captaincy rule just adds to it.

It was perfect last season imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I hope to god they get rid of that ****ty vice captain thing next year. Its bull****
    Calm down

lol, I hope you would be equally outraged if you had benefited from it man ;)
    People made good decisions this week on buying and captaining Spurs players or liverpool players yet they'l be the ones punished! .

But then, why didn't you captain your players from either team? :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Has anyone noticed players are often credited with two goals when the score is one nil? Obviously it's fixed within a few minutes, but it's weird

Rooney10 wrote: »
    lol, I hope you would be equally outraged if you had benefited from it man ;)

But then, why didn't you captain your players from either team? :eek::confused:

Obviously I wouldnt be as sickend but its still a terrible rule.Why add it? Its to keep people who get bored of the game to keep interested as they realise a captain might of scored them huge points etc and not fall hundreds of points behind.

One of my friends benefited from it and admitted himself he hopes that rule goes next season.

And I didnt captain players from either team because I didnt have any spurs or pool players bar two defenders something which I never do.

I actually bought and captained fabregas instead of buying and captaining modric simply for next weeks games if anyones wondering ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Ah bollox,me being hungover stopped me from changing captain to Torres.

Damn you alcohol! :( Captain will go to Fabber now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Johner wrote: »
    Damn you alcohol! :( Captain will go to Fabber now. :(

Alcohol was also to blame for me this Fri night/Sat morning. However I won't complain, as my captaincy should go from Drogba to Lampard! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FS! 3rd in one of my money leagues and I take a risk bringing in Torres and captaining him knowing that the 2 above would likely go for Rooney/Drogba. They do but will now both get FFL as capt. Stupid fukkin vice captain rule, get rid of it already.

I'd have made serious ground if it wasnt in place

Calm down good lad! If you must know me and ALL my mates thought the captaincy rule was bollix from day one! Last year having a captaincy could make or break you. This year its in place to suit those who play the game and might not bother with their team for a few weeks.

People made good decisions this week on buying and captaining Spurs players or liverpool players yet they'l be the ones punished! Theres already luck involved in the game but this vice captaincy rule just adds to it.

It was perfect last season imo.

Me calm down? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

2 points from keeper and defence
    2 points from strikers

86 points from midfield!!

Happy Days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

My Aqua Man call didn't come off too well! He came on for last 20 mins and didn't do anything. 1 point :/

Still 75pts and two to play. Still happy.

29 pts, 1 to play, if he does play, and 2 pts on the bench

:D

looking at the remaining fixtures considering bringing back in torres for drogba, but is only gonna free up 0.1 million

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Anyone know why Arteta wasn't in Evertons squad yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

this vice captain thing is a pure joke, and this is coming from someone who will benefit from it being passed onto Lampard.

No Rooney, Drogba or Arteta for me. Had Drogba as my captain and now i'll get 56 points for Lamps despite not picking him as captain. its just dose lucky and this game should not have this element of luck.

This week was a huge chance for people to catch up, and unexpected non starters are all part of the game. I reckon it will certainly be changed next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

MR NINE wrote: »
    Anyone know why Arteta wasn't in Evertons squad yesterday?

He's been carrying a groin injury for the past few weeks. He'll hopefully be ok foe next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Jayob10 wrote: »
    No Rooney, Drogba or Arteta for me. Had Drogba as my captain and now i'll get 56 points for Lamps despite not picking him as captain. its just dose lucky and this game should not have this element of luck.

But if the vice captaincy rule wasn't in place then you'd have been punished unfairly because Drogba didn't play. There was no way for you to know that. Personally, I would rather they reward us with good luck than punish us with bad luck.

If you think about it in real terms; the captaincy position doesn't just disappear from a team due to a last minute injury, it's still there. The vice captaincy rule rewards players who have a bit of depth in their squad.

yes but if rooney had played the captaincy would have passed onto him. Thats where it should stop, this business of passing it on a couple of times is nonsense really.
    Either that or you must choose a player from your team each week as emergency captain and if he doesnt play also, then tough sh*t. Having a vice captain based on form or value is fool proof really. As i said before, a potentially great week for differentials but those with lampard in their team (and not as captain) have cleaned up by default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

And in a way the crappy vice-captain rule has also punished those users who made a good choice in picking Lamps as captain from the outset - in reality, they haven't gained at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

41 pts with Rodallega to come. I'm guessing he's not going to get a hat-trick so another lame week.

With regards to the vice-captain switch thing I reckon you should just have 1 chance at that, similar to the wildcard thing. In the Champions League and Europa League game it requires more consideration when choosing your captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

yes but if rooney had played the captaincy would have passed onto him. Thats where it should stop, this business of passing it on a couple of times is nonsense really.
    Either that or you must choose a player from your team each week as emergency captain and if he doesnt play also, then tough sh*t. Having a vice captain based on form or value is fool proof really. As i said before, a potentially great week for differentials but those with lampard in their team (and not as captain) have cleaned up by default

Don't really see why it should stop at one player though. Again, it's just punishing people who were unlucky a lot of the time; managers make last minute decisions to rest players or players pick up last minute injuries.

I've said it before and I still believe that they should just reduce the bonus for the captain to 1.5 times the score (round up). People won't like that because it's not as even as 2 but really, rewarding one player so much unbalances the whole game in my opinion.
    Vokes wrote: »
    And in a way the crappy vice-captain rule has also punished those users who made a good choice in picking Lamps as captain from the outset - in reality, they haven't gained at all.

Yeah but what about players like myself who had Lampard captained, meant to change the captaincy to Fabregas but forgot? How much luck do you mitigate for? In my opinion, it's better that they mitigate for luck beyond your control i.e. your captain being rested, which you have no input into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

this vice captain thing is a pure joke, and this is coming from someone who will benefit from it being passed onto Lampard.

This week was a huge chance for people to catch up, and unexpected non starters are all part of the game. I reckon it will certainly be changed next season.
    You should have to choose capt. priority order, rather than just form or value. It should be set up like substitute order, where you have to pick 1,2, 3.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    You should have to choose capt. priority order, rather than just form or value. It should be set up like substitute order, where you have to pick 1,2, 3.

yes but even that is giving you outs. You should get to choose one captain plus one emergency captain (and even that is stretching it)

As i said before, I had drogba as captain, he didnt play, its passed to rooney and he didnt play, it then went to Lampard who scored me 56 points. Thats pure madness so it is. If you happen to have 2 players eligible for captaincy and they don't play then it should be tough luck if they both don't play. to bring a 3rd player into the mix makes it a joke.

A previous poster also made a great point in that people who were shrewd to pick Lampard as captain originally have been penalised too in a way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement