Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

he has 5 bookings this season but I think at some stage in the year your yellow card count is cleared so I would assume he is ok. no red beside his name either.

Bent will be well up for the spurs game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Stargal wrote: »
    Henry Winter just said on Twitter that Rooney will be out for two to four weeks (linky). Gulp. Torres is obvious replacement (already have Drogba), but Rooney is half a million dearer now than when I bought him so it'll be a big loss to bring him back for the final few games. Gah.

Edit: Nothing on the BBC or Guardian confirming this yet, so taking it with a pinch of salt for the moment.

Double-edit: Just as I say that, I see it's up on Sky Sports.

Watch the mass dropping of Rooney now!
    Of course you need to see do you get rid of him now to get the most from the transfer. If you can take a 0.1 hit and it does not affect you transfer rate all the better but would be stupid to have 11+ million on your bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what the craic with Jamie o Hara being ineligible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

papagormo wrote: »
    what the craic with Jamie o Hara being ineligible?
    He was ineligible for Saturday's game because it was against Spurs who are his parent club.

Btw, for those wishing to get Torres in for Rooney I would recommend waiting until Thursday night to do it after the Benifica match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jigga wrote: »
    He was ineligible for Saturday's game because it was against Spurs who are his parent club.

Btw, for those wishing to get Torres in for Rooney I would recommend waiting until Thursday night to do it after the Benifica match.

hes still marked as red and ineligible in my team, anyone elses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

282f0r9.jpg

Defo gonna bring in Tevez for Rooney because he's in good form but dont know what to do with the change..... i'm 0.1 short for malouda > lee. Was thinking malouda > n'zogbia??? Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jigga wrote: »

Good thinking there Jigga was ready to change them last night but said I'd wait till today. Forgot Liverpool were playing tommorow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I thought Bent picked up his 5th yellow card last weekend and misses next match?

Need a bit of help for next weekend then..I'v emanaged to claw my way back to within 38pts of the leader in our private league..he's been top since week 15 I think...

Every point crucial at this stage, even transfer points so what would you suggest for me this weekend?

GK - Hart/Given

Defenders - Cuellar/Dawson (Spurs)/Knight/Ridgewell/Ivanovic

Midfield - A Young/Arteta/Malouda/Larsson/Giggs

Forwards - Tevez/Bent/Rooney

To be honest I don't know how I've kept up with the defence I have but its mainly my mid & forwards have been carrying me.

Any suggestions please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I thought Bent picked up his 5th yellow card last weekend and misses next match?

Need a bit of help for next weekend then..I'v emanaged to claw my way back to within 38pts of the leader in our private league..he's been top since week 15 I think...

Every point crucial at this stage, even transfer points so what would you suggest for me this weekend?

GK - Hart/Given

Defenders - Cuellar/Dawson (Spurs)/Knight/Ridgewell/Ivanovic

Midfield - A Young/Arteta/Malouda/Larsson/Giggs

Forwards - Tevez/Bent/Rooney

To be honest I don't know how I've kept up with the defence I have but its mainly my mid & forwards have been carrying me.

Any suggestions please?

I'd get rid of Larsson. I've been trying to get rid of him for a few weeks now but I've kept having other injuries/suspensions to deal with.

He's no longer a first choice player and is barely getting 15 mins at the end of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    282f0r9.jpg

Defo gonna bring in Tevez for Rooney because he's in good form but dont know what to do with the change..... i'm 0.1 short for malouda > lee. Was thinking malouda > n'zogbia??? Any suggestions?

I have malouda in my team, to be honest i dont expect much from him away at united (i could be wrong but i cant see it). I also have tevez, something tells me city wont fancy the conditions at burnley.

I might bring in a couple of arsenal players this week after their game tonight il have a look but im giving serious thought to 2 from nasri/arshavin/bentner, i think they will destroy wolves at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have been toying with putting Tevez in for two gameweeks now. Ended up leaving Bendtner in there. Obviously regretting that decision but I think I am going to leave him in now.

Yea, i brought tevez in a few weeks ago, goal at fulham and 3 v wigan plus bonuses in both games. I think its a good idea to leave bentner there now, if all goes well i think il bring in nasri and bentner for tevez and diaby. The goalposts could change alot though with arsenal and liverpool playing next 2 nights so wouldnt make any changes till thursday at the earliest.

Rooney swapped for Torres

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd get rid of Larsson. I've been trying to get rid of him for a few weeks now but I've kept having other injuries/suspensions to deal with.

He's no longer a first choice player and is barely getting 15 mins at the end of games.

any suggestions who for?

I was thinking Dempsey of Fulham as I have 6.7m if I sell Larsson

any suggestions who for?

I was thinking Dempsey of Fulham as I have 6.7m if I sell Larsson

Or pienaar at home to west ham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi

I didn't realise that there was a Fantasy Boards League. Is there anyway I can view the leaderboard to see how my score compares?

Thanks

daithijjj wrote: »
    Or pienaar at home to west ham?
    already have arteta. One toffee is enough. Need to spread the points around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi

I didn't realise that there was a Fantasy Boards League. Is there anyway I can view the leaderboard to see how my score compares?

Thanks

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=343

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Top 50 and me:

17740041.jpg

55657595.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thinking of bringing in Bendtner(home to Wolves) and O'Hara(home to Blackburn) for C.Cole and Gudjohnson. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Wow...Really high score there. I'm top of my league with 1844 but wouldn't get a look in on the boards team! I will follow the thread and steal ideas tho!

already have arteta. One toffee is enough. Need to spread the points around

Fair enough. (allthough i should mention that the player placed 3rd in the whole competition has arteta, pienaar and distin in their team) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Gonna be an interesting gameweek if both Rooney and Fabregas are out (as it looks like will happen at the moment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fabregas' injury has completely ruined my plans. Arteta is still struggling for the weekend aswell apparently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Fabregas' injury has completely ruined my plans. Arteta is still struggling for the weekend aswell apparently :(

What's the news on Arteta and Fabregas? Looks like I might have to take a points hit...

Rooney's injury is actually great news for me, as now I can bring in Torres which was the one massive diferential that my main rival had over me. I'm going to wait untill after tomorrow though, considering Torres's injury history and the way players seem to be picking up knocks at the minute. Losing out on .1 or .2 is no biggy at this stage of the season.

Morzadec wrote: »
    What's the news on Arteta and Fabregas? Looks like I might have to take a points hit...

Rooney's injury is actually great news for me, as now I can bring in Torres which was the one massive diferential that my main rival had over me. I'm going to wait untill after tomorrow though, considering Torres's injury history and the way players seem to be picking up knocks at the minute. Losing out on .1 or .2 is no biggy at this stage of the season.

Think Rooney and Fabregas (and maybe Arteta) being out is a bad thing for everyone as it will mean smaller selection of top players for people to pick and so we will all end up with very similar teams and so find it harder to either pull away or make ground :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Some rash decisions made in light of injuries and not wanting to lose too much money.

Rooney & Fab out

Torres & Nasri In

I hoping Nasri steps up and comes good in light of the injury situations at Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

token56 wrote: »
    Some rash decisions made in light of injuries and not wanting to lose too much money.

Rooney & Fab out

Torres & Nasri In

I hoping Nasri steps up and comes good in light of the injury situations at Arsenal

FFS I have Rooney, Fabregas and Arteta.

Is Caldwell banned for Wigan's next game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

What's wrong with Arteta?

This week I'm thinking Milner and Dunne out, Nasri and Distin in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

budgemook wrote: »
    What's wrong with Arteta?

I also have him in my team but I am hoping he is ok, he picked up an injury before Evertons last game and was rested as a precaution, however reports are he may have aggravated it further and may not be fit for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Disastrous week ahead, Fab/Rooney/Arteta/Drogba all in my team & all major doubts for the weekend , i sacrificed 12 points the last 2 gameweeks , cant afford another :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

time to cash in the golden goose that is Rooney....buying Tevez me thinks.

This is week is gunna sort the men from the boys!

Hoki wrote: »
    Disastrous week ahead, Fab/Rooney/Arteta/Drogba all in my team & all major doubts for the weekend , i sacrificed 12 points the last 2 gameweeks , cant afford another :(

Really! Drogba also a doubt? source?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thanos wrote: »
    Really! Drogba also a doubt? source?

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6068425,00.html

Reckon its cack though. He'll definitely feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lads ye can all blame me I bought Fab and Arteta few weeks ago so was bound too happen.

I have had over twenty players who been out for more then 2 weeks in fantasty football.

My crap year just getting worse.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Is Damien Duff injured or out of favor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SickBoy wrote: »
    Is Damien Duff injured or out of favor?

Being rested because of Europa League I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

I was worried because after going top of my league last week I had no Fabregas, Rooney or Drogba. Haha, I'm delighted now. No problems getting rid of them for me. And I'm 37th in the boards league. Good times.

Team for this week,

Sorenson

Song
    Shawcross
    Warnock

A.Young
    Malouda
    Modric
    O'Hara

Drogba
    Torres
    Bendtner(c)

Subs
    Green
    R.Johnson
    Sharner
    Fabregas

Taking a gamble on Bender(c) up front, already made my two subs so don't wanna take a 4 point hit to get rid of Fabregas yet. Will wait until next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Johner wrote: »
    Team for this week,

Sorenson

Song
    Shawcross
    Warnock

A.Young
    Malouda
    Modric
    O'Hara

Drogba
    Torres
    Bendtner(c)

Subs
    Green
    R.Johnson
    Sharner
    Fabregas

Taking a gamble on Bender(c) up front, already made my two subs so don't wanna take a 4 point hit to get rid of Fabregas yet. Will wait until next week!

Very big gamble imo, would you not be better with Torres? I have torres and bendtner but torres is captain

• Advertisement

Very big gamble imo, would you not be better with Torres? I have torres and bendtner but torres is captain

I can't see Birmingham conceding that much at home, can see Arsenal hammering Wolves though so hopefully Bender will bag a goal or two. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Johner wrote: »
    I can't see Birmingham conceding that much at home, can see Arsenal hammering Wolves though so hopefully Bender will bag a goal or two. :)

You ideas intrigue me..... :cool:

drogba confirmed to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Fabragas confirmed to be out for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Fabragas confirmed to be out for the rest of the season

source? ssn saying he has a suspected broken leg but didn't they say that about vermaelen and he played 3 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Right who should i bring in guys now that the fab is out.... Thinking Gerrard or mayb Malouda now that he is in form... Liverpool have easier games left tho imo... Any other suggestions... I already have big frank so....

MR NINE wrote: »
    source? ssn saying he has a suspected broken leg but didn't they say that about vermaelen and he played 3 days later.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/injured-fabregas-ruled-out-for-the-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Yeh sorry just saw it there on ssn as well. I dunno wat im gona do with my team at this stage, its all a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Made half a mill on fabregas before everyone jumps on board and gets rid.Malouda in instead

MR NINE wrote: »
    Yeh sorry just saw it there on ssn as well. I dunno wat im gona do with my team at this stage, its all a bit of a mess.

Yeah it's all gone tits up over the past week - rooney, fabs, arteta, drogba etc

Think my forward line will be bendtner/torres/drogba

but im considering switching drogba for tevez for this week

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement