Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pretty happy with my team for this week, currently 21st in the Boards league, so aiming for a top 10 finish still....

Sorenson
    Collins
    Baines
    Carragher
    Lampard
    Malouda
    Ethrington
    Johnson
    Drogba
    Tevez
    Torres (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sorensen or Friedel to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Similar big players to KevIRL but no idea who to captain - malouda, lampard, tevez or torres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Morzadec wrote: »
    Sorensen or Friedel to start?

Im in the same boat, gone with Friedel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

KevIRL wrote: »
    Pretty happy with my team for this week, currently 21st in the Boards league, so aiming for a top 10 finish still....

Sorenson
    Collins
    Baines
    Carragher
    Lampard
    Malouda
    Ethrington
    Johnson
    Drogba
    Tevez
    Torres (c)
    Carragher yeah? Strange choice...
    Having said that I'm 46th in boards league so...
    My team is Given, Dunne, Zhirkov, Evra, Valencia, Arteta, Malouda, Nasri, Tevez, Bent, Torres (c) with subs McCarthy, Knight and Mears.

Thinking of making no subs this week. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Any word on Arteta and Songs' injuries?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

thewools wrote: »
    Any word on Arteta and Songs' injuries?? :confused:

I very much doubt we'll see Arteta in the final 5 games.... unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Source?

Feck, I thought it was only a minor groin strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Who should I go with for captain? I've not been doing so great in recent weeks

110304.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Milner is now down as doubtful. What's the story there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Lampard or Tevez as Captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Right have no idea what to do this week. Was leading all my leagues until a couple of weeks ago and have fallen badly since.

I am thinking of a couple of options and most involve two subs ( I have only one free but dont mind the four point hit) I could get Lamps in for Arteta, if I take Song out and bring in some other cheap defender.

Or I could bring in Malouda and maybe Valencia for Arteta and Rodwell.

or finally I could just get rid of Bendtner for one of Tevez or Adebayor and make do with the rest.

Would really love some opinions on this as its wrecking my head.

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Who should I go with for captain? I've not been doing so great in recent weeks

110304.JPG
    Tough call. Tevez and Drogba are both on form. Maybe Drogba as Bolton at home could be another goal fest for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Tough call. Tevez and Drogba are both on form. Maybe Drogba as Bolton at home could be another goal fest for Chelsea.

I have Lamps, Tevez and Torres - but I'm thinking of going with Malouda as captain, am I mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

I have Lamps, Tevez and Torres - but I'm thinking of going with Malouda as captain, am I mad?

Not mad, just trying to gain a few points on others who go for Lampard, Tevez or Torres. Could work out, may not, its all crystal ball stuff.......

Not really Malouda is bang on form and is arguably Chelsea's best player at the moment.
    I have Drogs, Lamps and Malouda and I'm finding it hard to decide. But with Lampard on penalty duties, his general tendancy to consistently score big and his current form, I'm finding it hard to look beyond him.

Obviously Drogba isn't a bad choice by any means either. All 3 have the capability to score double figures this week

Do you have any link for this?

I was planning on hanging on to him as I think he will score big when he plays, and EVertons final fixtures are very nice. But I may well consider taking a points hit to take him out this week if he's gone for the whole season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

PH4T wrote: »
    Milner is now down as doubtful. What's the story there?

He was rested last week as he had or has an Achilles problem. He should play against Chelsea in the FA Cup and if he doesn't aggravate it should play against Everton the following Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

Morzadec wrote: »
    Do you have any link for this?

I was planning on hanging on to him as I think he will score big when he plays, and EVertons final fixtures are very nice. But I may well consider taking a points hit to take him out this week if he's gone for the whole season
    Never mind that. Physioroom and premierleague.com say he's doubtful for the next game. That says to me there is a chance he will play. He only has a Groin injury. Chances are he wont play this week but hopefully he'll be back next week. I've yet to see anything that says otherwise. If he's not coming back next week I'll get rid of him then I'd say.

• Advertisement

Torres, Drogba, Tevez or Lampard as captain'???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Important week for me in my head to head league. Would love some advice on a potential substitute or two ?

Was thinking of selling Milner and Duff and bringing in Malouda and Etherington ? Although Villa have a double gameweek coming up...

2qlefti.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

We have very similar teams tusky. I seem to remember the last villa dgw x2 not working out for alot of folk, i have 2 villa defenders myself anyway so would be silly to sub them, i wouldnt bring in any either tbh. Im gonna be toying with the choice of captain like many will, gettin to the stage of tossing a coin.

fftgj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Tusky wrote: »
    Important week for me in my head to head league. Would love some advice on a potential substitute or two ?

Was thinking of selling Milner and Duff and bringing in Malouda and Etherington ? Although Villa have a double gameweek coming up...

2qlefti.jpg

Gotta love that front 3, I have em as well...Who to captain though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

I'm sticking Malouda captain v Bolton at stamford bridge....hopefully it'll pay off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

In Frank we trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

5: Nasri

6: Milner

7: Arteta

8: Gera

9: Bendtner

10: Drogba

11: Tevez

I have these 7 in my team but can upgrade any of them for anyone with the money in my bank? What is recommended?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

JPA wrote: »
    I have these 7 in my team but can upgrade any of them for anyone with the money in my bank? What is recommended?
    Well I just sold Milner for Kuyt, either going to epic fail or quality move :D

daithijjj wrote: »
    We have very similar teams tusky. I seem to remember the last villa dgw x2 not working out for alot of folk, i have 2 villa defenders myself anyway so would be silly to sub them, i wouldnt bring in any either tbh. Im gonna be toying with the choice of captain like many will, gettin to the stage of tossing a coin.

fftgj.jp

V.similar alright. What substitutions have you made this week ?
    Gotta love that front 3, I have em as well...Who to captain though?!

Thinking Lampard or Drogba as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Brought in johnson for rosicky and etherington for diaby (when i thought stoke had 2 games). But not fussed on the -4, diaby has been doing nothing for quite a while and has been a sub mostly with lee in the team instead, they have both gone quiet. Still got 1mil in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

is worth getting in lampard?? i already have malouda and drogs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think I'll go with Gerrard as captain home to Fulham. Need a good week as I've had a terrible spell of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Made a rake of changes this week. Should have had 0.8m left after the spend.

Click Make Transfers
    Click Play Wildcard
    Click Confirm Transfers

Player values have changed, please reconfirm transfers.

Now have 0.6m left in bank. Damn you, Fantasy Football, you thwart me even at 2am on a Saturday, damn you straight to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

can see Birmingham holding City to a low score today.

Chelsea players all the way for Capt this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Torres, Drogba, Tevez or Lampard as captain'???

Same dilemma here.....
    Drogba or Tevez or Lampard???:confused:

Leaning towards Drogba but keep switching back to Tevez!!! AAArrrgghhhhh:mad:

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    can see Birmingham holding City to a low score today.

Chelsea players all the way for Capt this week.

D'ya think or are you just putting the doubt in our minds and secretly have Tevez as your capt!!!:D:cool:

Think I'll end up flipping a coin at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

sold dunn for adam johnson! tough games after this week but he should be involved in everything city does till the end of the season!

I hate that I looked at my subscribed threads at 11:31.. Completely forgot to do my team.
    Only 4 behind in this month in work after last week and then I do this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I hope I don't regret not Captaining Drogba. I didn't want to risk him being on the bench like he was against Villa (while Lampard cleaned up all the points), and against United were he was on bench warming duty too.

I've just transferred out the only outfield player I've had all season... Evra :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I hope I don't regret not Captaining Drogba. I didn't want to risk him being on the bench like he was against Villa (while Lampard cleaned up all the points), and against United were he was on bench warming duty too.

I've just transferred out the only outfield player I've had all season... Evra :(

Same here with Drogba, went against my gut and picked Lampard. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ffgw34.png

• Advertisement

Went with Drogba instead of Tevez......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gameweek34.jpg

Final team - fingers crossed!

4kjy2r.jpg

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Same here with Drogba, went against my gut and picked Lampard. :o

Whenever I go against my gut instinct, I'm usually wrong too. Delighted I bought Torres as all of my rivals have him, most of them have him as Capt. Ideally I wanted Huth instead of Faye, but Ricketts lost 0.1 in value, so I couldn't afford it.

team_gw_34.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nice to see I've moved up 47 places despite not getting a single point. Hopefully this luck will keep with me for the rest of the week now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Torres out injured :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

No Torres.

No Evra.

Going to be a week for deep benches. Mascherano and Jerome going to come in for me. Tevez as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Well I just sold Milner for Kuyt, either going to epic fail or quality move :D

bench for kuyt today

Got rid of:

Evra - 0 points
    Bent - 2 points

For:

Faye - 6 points
    Torres - 0 points

Broke even with the points hit. Torres not playing means that one of my rivals has Alexander coming off the bench though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Got 6 points from Kilbane (despite conceding 4(!) goals), 7 from Sorenson, and Craddock is going to come off the bench for Torres and bring in another 6 points, so that's not too bad so far considering wasn't expecting anything from those defenders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement