Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

No Torres.

No Evra.

Same:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lamps emergency capt. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

2 from Bent yesterday, 7 from Sorenson today.

Insua not even in the pool squad means I'll get Duff as a sub.
    And Evra coming on as a sub with the vast majority of the match already played is just annoying :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hmmm

weird day, goal right there for tevez, jerome is 2nd sub and has just scored. Mascherano first sub, if evra hadn't played his few minutes Jerome would be in as I have insua who didn't start either

EDIT- Hold on, no Torres either so Jerome is coming in. Great, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Goal for Tevez, assist for A. Johnson. Both have proved great signings.

Feck Torres and Evra btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Feck Evra anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

starting to feel very stupid now for selling Adam Johson two gameweeks ago. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Green 7
    A.Johnson 4 (so far)

My only two players in action until midweek. Not bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Burner- wrote: »
    starting to feel very stupid now for selling Adam Johson two gameweeks ago. :D

Fout assists in his last game and a half.

They better not give that goal to Tevez or Johnson loses an assist. :(

2 assists today for young Adam. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

How do they make the decision in that goal?

I know they don't wait for the dubious goals committee or anything so what is the final decision for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

27 points from:

Sorensen - 7
    Berra - 6
    Baird - 6
    Tevez - 6
    Bullard - 2

Before bonuses and still have Baines, Malouda, Pienaar, N'Zogbia, Bendtner and Drogba (c).

On Sky they're giving Tevez the second goal, Onohua saying it's his as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Johner wrote: »
    They better not give that goal to Tevez or Johnson loses an assist. :(

2 assists today for young Adam. :)

Has to go to Tevez, defo went in off his toe!!!! Hopefully, as I have Tevez and not Johnson:eek:

He's just been given it on the Fantasy site - get in!

Teves coming up with 2 goals on Fantasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

taken an assist off AJ too.

karma_ wrote: »
    taken an assist off AJ too.

That's that then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

29 pts, 7 to play, -1 for 2nd choice sub johnson (birmingham)

Here's hoping Carlito gets the 3 BPs...

• Advertisement

Ugh one assist from Johnson gone. **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

gosplan wrote: »
    Adebayor is not much more expensive than Tevez.
    You can't actually consider that.

I'll quote this each week until Adebayor does worse than Tevez;)

I wish I hadn't brought in Bent instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I have 9 points:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

32 points from Tevez (c), Bent, Sorenson, and Evra.

Insua didn't play which was a pain as he would've got about 6. Even more annoying is my subs bench goes 2-3-8. Damn Craddock being last on the list :(

Also, why is Joe Hart being listed as just "ineligible"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up to 18th in the Boards league. Aiming for the big push for a top 10 finish over the next few gameweeks

20 points with Assou-Ekotto, Dunne, Lampard, Diaby, N'Zogbia, Malouda and Drogba (C) to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Time to ditch Torres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

TheChrisD wrote: »
    32 points from Tevez (c), Bent, Sorenson, and Evra.

Insua didn't play which was a pain as he would've got about 6. Even more annoying is my subs bench goes 2-3-8. Damn Craddock being last on the list :(

Also, why is Joe Hart being listed as just "ineligible"?

Not allowed play against his parent club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

29 with 7 to play I will take that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Morzadec wrote: »
    Time to ditch Torres?

I'm thinking so. Even if he gets back to some form of fitness I can see him rested for a few PL games for the Europa league. The q is who to replace him with - Carew or Agbon? Or even perhaps Van Persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

KevIRL wrote: »
    Up to 18th in the Boards league. Aiming for the big push for a top 10 finish over the next few gameweeks

No complaints about replacement captains this week no?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Iago wrote: »

Its strange the way things work out alright... those who complained the loudest seem to have Torres as Capt this week. Its a funny old game!

I think even people who benefit from the rule can see it's a horrible addition in fairness. Hopefully it'll be removed from next years, it just ends up rewarding people who don't pay attention to injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Its still a load of cock of a rule, make no mistake. Get rid of it completely imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Vice captain is, and always will be, a joke. Bitter much? Yes I am.

So many people captaining Drogba and Rooney will default to Lampard captain out of pure luck. 28 point swing for nothing.
    joe123 wrote: »
    I hope to god they get rid of that ****ty vice captain thing next year. Its bull****. It just makes the game more about luck than anything on days like this. People are going to jump 28 points because of bloody luck.

Very quiet now gentlemen when Torres doesnt play and your vice capt will more than likely be Drogba, anything he gets is a bonus for you. Nothing jammier I find though than when your second sub on the bench (Alexander) comes on with a massive 17 points..if thats not bloody luck I dont know what is :D

• Advertisement

There's talk of Drogba being rested for Anelka on the BBC website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

This game makes me angrier than is healthy. It is just a game. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Dónal wrote: »
    Noooooooooooo:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

Yaaaayyy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Was he injured or something? Seems like he's had plenty of 'rest' in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Even though I have him it would suit me better if he didnt play as one of the lads in my leagues has him as captain and I need to make some ground up with my other players he doesnt have that are yet to play!!

Axwell wrote: »
    Very quiet now gentlemen when Torres doesnt play and your vice capt will more than likely be Drogba, anything he gets is a bonus for you. Nothing jammier I find though than when your second sub on the bench (Alexander) comes on with a massive 17 points..if thats not bloody luck I dont know what is :D

That's not really jammy though because you need 15 players to help you with injuries etc and you're arranged them in order of preference - it's a really big part of any fantasy football. The vice-captain is jammy because outside of form/value there's no real strategy behind it - captaincy is a big decision and if you mess up there shouldn't be a safety net imo

OT RE: Drogba - a lot of people in my league have him as captain so hopefully he'll play a few minutes

That's not really jammy though because you need 15 players to help you with injuries etc and you're arranged them in order of preference

In this case of course its jammy. Having subs is part of the game but you dont plan it so well that you have 2 players not playing and you will require 2 subs to come in, the second of which has 17pts. Usually subs come in and you get 2pts or maybe 6pts if you are lucky and they got a clean sheet, to have a 2nd sub coming in with 17pts is very jammy.

In this case of course its jammy. Having subs is part of the game but you dont plan it so well that you have 2 players not playing and you will require 2 subs to come in, the second of which has 17pts. Usually subs come in and you get 2pts or maybe 6pts if you are lucky and they got a clean sheet, to have a 2nd sub coming in with 17pts is very jammy.

My argument is that the idea of a vice-captain is jammy and doesn't really relate to the subs rule because there's a certain degree of thinking and strategy in its rewards - the jamminess doesn't come from however much points someone that comes through gets. If that's the case Alexander's 17 doesn't come close to a few weeks ago when Lampard scored 4 and Drogba didn't start - people who had Drogs captain would have got 0 last year and got an extra 28 this year!

My argument is that the idea of a vice-captain is jammy and doesn't really relate to the subs rule because there's a certain degree of thinking and strategy in its rewards - the jamminess doesn't come from however much points someone that comes through gets. If that's the case Alexander's 17 doesn't come close to a few weeks ago when Lampard scored 4 and Drogba didn't start - people who had Drogs captain would have got 0 last year and got an extra 28 this year!

You quoted my post about jaminess, I said having a 2nd sub coming on with 17pts is jammy, which it is. I wasnt commenting on the jaminess of a vice captain thats a different issue so you are gone off on a tangent from what you quoted me on. Having your team require your second sub and them sitting there with 17 pts coming on to your team is jammy. FACT!

You quoted my post about jaminess, I said having a 2nd sub coming on with 17pts is jammy, which it is. I wasnt commenting on the jaminess of a vice captain thats a different issue so you are gone off on a tangent from what you quoted me on. Having your team require your second sub and them sitting there with 17 pts coming on to your team is jammy. FACT!

Ah right - my bad

franktv_frank_caliendo_240x260_1003.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I think even people who benefit from the rule can see it's a horrible addition in fairness. Hopefully it'll be removed from next years, it just ends up rewarding people who don't pay attention to injuries

Some people agree with it, some don't. I'm really not bothered about it one way or the other. Its part of the game this season, same as subs, because people get rested and/or injured unexpectedly. That can happen no matter how close attention you pay to the game and to team news. Its just adds to the highs and lows which make it addictive!

Fingers crossed Lampard outscores Malouda and Drogba tonight, but as a United fan, for the love of God, come on Bolton!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Looks like van Persie is returning for tomorrows game!

And for people with Arteta on the squad, looks like he's out for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Looks like van Persie is returning for tomorrows game!

And for people with Arteta on the squad, looks like he's out for another while.

Bugger :mad: I have Bendtner and Arteta.

Bugger :mad: I have Bendtner and Arteta.

I wouldn't worry.

van Persie won't start, he's just in the squad, Bendtner will start.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement