Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Bugger :mad: I have Bendtner and Arteta.

We barely have a squad, don't worry about Bendtner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Bah! Malouda on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hmmm, Drogba plays, and 2 up front means Lampard will be more restricted than in recent weeks. I have a feeling this may go badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Uh oh. Malouda (c) on the bench. It'll be disastrous if he comes on, I hope he doesn't coz that would mean Tevez will become my captain.

My head to head opponent has Malouda and Torres so it's almost certain Burnley's Alexander will come on for him with 17 points.

This is not going to be a good week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Surely Malouda will play some part ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tusky wrote: »
    Surely Malouda will play some part ?

Indeed. Time for him to do damage as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Is there anyway i could find out where i'd be if i was in the Boards league if I was a member. I have 1927 points..

BrianJD wrote: »
    Is there anyway i could find out where i'd be if i was in the Boards league if I was a member. I have 1927 points..

about 200-250th I'd guess.

Leader is over 2100

213-217 all have 1927 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Cool, thanks folks. How many teams are in it. The reason I ask is because i'm sure anybody who has deliberately joined the boards league has taken it seriusly and i'm keen to see how i compare. Also i think if i'd seen this and followed this thread, it'd have been a big deall to me and been worth alot of points over the course of a season.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

KevIRL wrote: »
    Indeed. Time for him to do damage as well
    Sadly not, so my captain pick this week was an epic fail :(

Bonus - Anelka 3, Zhirkov 2, Terry 1

Not a great 8 points from 3 Chelsea players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

11 points from three Chelsea playera. Malouda came on earning me a single point whereas I could have had Craddock come on for eight at the end of the week :mad:

43 from seven players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

39 pts with 5 to play, although 4 of them are in one match, 2 subs and 2 defenders, a nill all will do in that game :D. 1st sub on 2 pts and 2nd sub if needed (hopes not) on -1

I have 40 with 3 to go. 0-0 draw for Villa-Everton and a Huddlestone goal would do nicely tyvm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

34 with Assou-Ekotto, Dunne, N'Zogbia and Diaby to play.

Cool, thanks folks. How many teams are in it. The reason I ask is because i'm sure anybody who has deliberately joined the boards league has taken it seriusly and i'm keen to see how i compare. Also i think if i'd seen this and followed this thread, it'd have been a big deall to me and been worth alot of points over the course of a season.

1678 in it all together.

42 with N'Zogbia, Dunne, Distin and Pienaar still to play. Hughes sitting on the bench with a cleansheet and bonus, so wouldn't be overly disappointed if one of them miss out.

May just about sneak into the top 10 when the tables are updated. Probably unlikely though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

sorry folks. i've just bought Tevez. This signals the end of his season. I'd advise selling him as he is about to get either injured, dropped, or just become a donkey for the rest of the season (or until i sell him).

Also, sorry again for buying rooney a few weeks back...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The_B_Man wrote: »
    sorry folks. i've just bought Tevez. This signals the end of his season. I'd advise selling him as he is about to get either injured, dropped, or just become a donkey for the rest of the season (or until i sell him).

:D:D
    Bad FF season for ya???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

26 with 6 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Talk about a disastorous week! Torres injured, Insua, not playing. Evra / Malouda only getting 10 minutes each!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Talk about a disastorous week! Torres injured, Insua, not playing. Evra / Malouda only getting 10 minutes each!

Know how you feel. Disaster for me too would niot mind but weekend started off good for me and all.

The_B_Man wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. :D

I bought Torres this week after his run of good form: 0 points. I bought Arteta after 3 or 4 good returns, 0 points since I bought him. I seem to have that knack also.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. :D

I bought Torres this week after his run of good form: 0 points. I bought Arteta after 3 or 4 good returns, 0 points since I bought him. I seem to have that knack also.

I did the same:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Hmmmmm, Spurs a goal up and Villa a goal down.

Not what I ordered. :(

2nd half will save me. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

****sake, scharner subbed after 56 mins. I give up.

I have Bale and Baines :D

Really glad I brought in Tim Cahill this week :)
    Oh, and yay for Milner with the assist.

BBC saying Ashley Young got an assist but nothing being given on the FF site. Sums up my gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How bad did Vermaelen's injury look tonight? Thinking of bringing Rooney back in but need to let up a bit of cash to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

MR NINE wrote: »
    BBC saying Ashley Young got an assist but nothing being given on the FF site. Sums up my gameweek.

What the **** like wheres Young's assist!? After getting Johnson's taken off on Sunday I'm not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

61 pts after my subs are taken in to account

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Ended up with 47. Not a complete disaster..

Johner wrote: »
    What the **** like wheres Young's assist!? After getting Johnson's taken off on Sunday I'm not happy.

They gave it to him in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

64 points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I have Torres and Arteta in my team, both are taking up valuable space and money. I'm not keen on taking a points hit at this late stage, who would you prioritise for dumping and who would you suggest I replace them with? Have about 1.5 in the bank I think.

Torres out for Rooney seems the obvious choice, or should I go with one of the Man City boys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Morzadec wrote: »
    Torres out for Rooney seems the obvious choice, or should I go with one of the Man City boys?

Torres out for Van Persie ;)

59 points decent score for me but would like got extra four had Scharner stayed on just few more minutes.

In my private league im 10th from 36 but guy want beat is in third. and im 102 points behind think I should just give up on catching him at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kev_ps3 wrote:
    Ended up with 47. Not a complete disaster..

No that would be me - 26 pts. Roll on the end of this FF season. It's all gone Villa for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

56 points. Not too bad but could have been a heck of a lot better of:

- Evra hadn't have come on
    - Malouda hadn't have come on

Then I would have scored 11 points from my two remaining subs instead of just 2 :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No that would be me - 26 pts. Roll on the end of this FF season. It's all gone Villa for me...
    Can I join your team? 27 points this week...

Morzadec wrote: »
    I have Torres and Arteta in my team, both are taking up valuable space and money. I'm not keen on taking a points hit at this late stage, who would you prioritise for dumping and who would you suggest I replace them with? Have about 1.5 in the bank I think.

Bent or Tevez/Adebayor. Bent has Burnley and Hull coming up in next few weeks whilst City have harder games but a double GW in two weeks. Also Tevez loves scoring against Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Can someone post a link to the boards.ie private league please? I would like to see the standard if thats ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

55pts this week, happy enough with that but lost 11 pts as I chose Drogba instead of Tevez for captain!!:(

• Advertisement

Jigga wrote: »
    Can someone post a link to the boards.ie private league please? I would like to see the standard if thats ok
    How many points you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

have broken into the top 200. 190th now. 90 points of top 50. can i do it?

evil_seed wrote: »
    have broken into the top 200. 190th now. 90 points of top 50. can i do it?
    No :p

Good luck trying though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

55pts this week, happy enough with that but lost 11 pts as I chose Drogba instead of Tevez for captain!!:(

Same, I feel your pain :P

Try Lampard :o And Evra, Torres and Malouda in your starting 11. I scraped 41 though somehow

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement