Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

wardie101 wrote: »
    I took a chance 2 weeks ago and brought in Bent as capt...23 mins in he had 2 goals against spurs and I was looking at a great score ..... :) he then went and missed 2 penos and finished wth 7.. :(

I still havent forgiven him yet...

And I never will! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

In need of some good advice here:

My team is:

Hart
    Sorensen

Insua
    Dann
    Distin
    Foley
    Scharner

O'Hara
    McCarthy
    Lamps
    Milner
    A. Young

Bent
    Torres
    Drogs

2.3 In the bank

Can't make up my mind on how many transfers/what transfers to make. I only have the one free transfer.

Looking to get rid of Insua (Due to injury), Scharner (Due to lack of ability) and Torres (Fairly sure he's out of action this weekend?)

Currently looking at possibly replacing Torres with Rooney or RvP, possibly even Tevez. Also considering replacing Insua with GlenJo or else replacing Scharner with Warnock/Collins. I've been having a good ol' think and I just can't make up my mind, any help/advice is much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

MR NINE wrote: »
    In need of some good advice here:

2.3 In the bank

Can't make up my mind on how many transfers/what transfers to make. I only have the one free transfer.

Looking to get rid of Insua (Due to injury), Scharner (Due to lack of ability) and Torres (Fairly sure he's out of action this weekend?)

Currently looking at possibly replacing Torres with Rooney or RvP, possibly even Tevez. Also considering replacing Insua with GlenJo or else replacing Scharner with Warnock/Collins. I've been having a good ol' think and I just can't make up my mind, any help/advice is much appreciated.

I'd probably get rid of Insua anyway if he is injured and get in Collins perhaps - Warnock is a doubt apparently - If you're getting rid of Torres, you should probably be looking at Agbonlahor. (But then you'd have 4 Villa players?) Id probably go for Tevez as they have a double game week soon.

Anyhow, my own problems.

Hart or Sorenson in goal?

I have Dann and Carr also. Should i play all three and hope for a clean sheet or put Zat Knight in and hope for a Bolton clean sheet to lessen the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

One man is gonna save me from relegation its Van Persie when a girl says no molest her!!

Degag wrote: »
    I'd probably get rid of Insua anyway if he is injured and get in Collins perhaps - Warnock is a doubt apparently - If you're getting rid of Torres, you should probably be looking at Agbonlahor. (But then you'd have 4 Villa players?) Id probably go for Tevez as they have a double game week soon.

Anyhow, my own problems.

Hart or Sorenson in goal?

I have Dann and Carr also. Should i play all three and hope for a clean sheet or put Zat Knight in and hope for a Bolton clean sheet to lessen the risk?

I'd opt for Sorensen because you have 2 Birmingham defenders and no Stoke defenders (I assume). I'm going for Sorensen myself and I'm gonna start Dann in my defence, that way I'm essentially playing both Hart and Sorensen, who are both very likely to get clean sheets.

I heard Warnock was a doubt alright. My main rival who I'm trying to catch in my private league has Collins in his team so that makes me reluctant to bring him in myself (I'm looking to establish as many differentials as possible for the run in). However, with Villa having a double gameweek against relatively week sides, I'd be fairly stupid not to bring in a Villa defender.

Regarding Agbonlahor, I'm reluctant because I already have Milner and Young in my team and don't want to be over reliant on one teams attack.

Having said all this, thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

MR NINE wrote: »
    I'd opt for Sorensen because you have 2 Birmingham defenders and no Stoke defenders (I assume). I'm going for Sorensen myself and I'm gonna start Dann in my defence, that way I'm essentially playing both Hart and Sorensen, who are both very likely to get clean sheets.

I heard Warnock was a doubt alright. My main rival who I'm trying to catch in my private league has Collins in his team so that makes me reluctant to bring him in myself (I'm looking to establish as many differentials as possible for the run in). However, with Villa having a double gameweek against relatively week sides, I'd be fairly stupid not to bring in a Villa defender.

Regarding Agbonlahor, I'm reluctant because I already have Milner and Young in my team and don't want to be over reliant on one teams attack.

Having said all this, thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated.

Cuellar perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

JPA wrote: »
    Who can I change Arteta for? He gave me one good week now he must go. :(

You could do worse then sign A Young if you can afford him or Milner as Villa have 2 games this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

F**king etherington, really have to wait until saturday morning to make transfers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You could do worse then sign A Young if you can afford him or Milner as Villa have 2 games this week

Ya have Milner, have 3 villa players already, went with Dunn from blackburn, :confused:, bit random but not too many obvious choices around the 8 mark.

Would Carew and Johnson be good buys? Dyin with a hangover and need some help. Have to replace a striker and a defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

Would Carew and Johnson be good buys? Dyin with a hangover and need some help. Have to replace a striker and a defender.

carew and bullard, two games each!

Milner and Bullard in, both have double GW.

Milner as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

If you want to bring in a brum defender id bring in ridgewell over johnson, i have johnson myself, he did well over the first half of the season but rarely gets bonus, ridgewell pops up with a goal or assist now and then.

The only reason johnson is still in my squad is that he has stayed fit and i seem to have to replace an injured player every week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is Bullard Hull's penalty taker?

Geovanni was but he isnt getting a start these days.

I'd imagine its Bullard but not 100%

he sure is, he is involved in everything hull does!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

untitled-1.jpg

Who to Captain? Go for A.Young with the dgw or take a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Tevez, Bent or Drogba for captain?
    Decisions, Decisions

after all my talk about bullard all week, ive decided to take another 4 point hit to get him in there!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Cork_girl wrote: »
    untitled-1.jpg

Who to Captain? Go for A.Young with the dgw or take a chance?
    I've gone with Young, double GW was the main reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

shovelsfc wrote: »
    after all my talk about bullard all week, ive decided to take another 4 point hit to get him in there!!!

Just did the same..
    Gave him the arm band too :D

SickBoy wrote: »
    Just did the same..
    Gave him the arm band too :D
    Wow you are confident :D

Right went for Rooney and Johnson for Torres and Insua. Rooney starts which is a good start to the gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

gw35.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

van persie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Arteta starts :D

Glad I didn't ship him out for Bullard at the cost of 4 points now.

PH4T wrote: »

Oh FFS. He better not do anything.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

I'm in the same boat, hopefully he'll reward our loyalty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

team_gw35.jpg

Would have left Pienaar on the bench if Etherington was fit from the start. Took a 4 point hit to get Bent back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

neil.p.b wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, hopefully he'll reward our loyalty :D

Get in Arteta!!!

I hate you Arteta, I hate you so much. :mad:

I thought Arteta was crocked :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I cannot believe it :D I was gonna get rid after complaining here about his injury.
    Hatrick to follow !

Arteta could have been sent off there, got a yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Arteta booked and very lucky not to get red for sticking a finger in pederson's eye.

• Advertisement

Stoke 1 Bolton 1. Damn, Looks like I made the wrong choice between Hart and sorenson at this moment in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

Stoke 1 Bolton 1. Damn, Looks like I made the wrong choice between Hart and sorenson at this moment in time.

fook

big_show wrote: »
    fook

Bolton now 2-1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cahill you legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The_B_Man wrote: »
    sorry folks. i've just bought Tevez. This signals the end of his season. I'd advise selling him as he is about to get either injured, dropped, or just become a donkey for the rest of the season (or until i sell him).

Also, sorry again for buying rooney a few weeks back...:(

Haha this from a few days is looking pretty accurate now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thank you lamps, you have changed absolute disaster of a game week to a something that could be slighter better

:)

8 played, 18pts before bounus, 5 to play (captain x 2)

:(

33 from 7 players. With Villa still to play twice I am happy enough.

If Lampard hadn't scored that goal I'd be getting 14 or 15 for Bale. Oh well.

Scholes 3
    De Jong 2
    Toure 1

Bullard 3
    Sonko 2
    Dann 1

Pienaar 3
    Jagielka 2
    Arteta 1

Gera 3
    Etuhu 2
    Mancienne 1

Taylor 3
    Tuncay 2
    Klasnic 1

Malbranque 3
    Campbell 2
    Henderson 1

Bale 3
    Gomes 2
    Dawson 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

A bit of a mixed bag so far. A nice bunch of points from Evra (8), Lamps (7) and Bent (6), but massively offset by the measly 4 from captain Tevez, 2 from Sorenson and Malouda, and that ghastly -2 from Terry...

Looks like I have a definite transfer this week...

Same here. Another four points down the drain :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Hmmm, 10pm and still no bonus points.

Pull the finger out FPL. :D

celticfc wrote: »
    Hmmm, 10pm and still no bonus points.

Pull the finger out FPL. :D

I listed them all above. Or are you joking? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I listed them all above. Or are you joking? :confused:

Ahhhh, no, just blind.

Well, either that or just pee'd off that none of my players got any. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

43 with Dunne and N'Zogbia to play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorensen and Etherington - 3 points

Hart and R. Johnson - 12 points

Guess which two are on the bench :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement