Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

This is a depressing gameweek..... Thankfully, most people are going through the same pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

Bullard 3 bonus points and another game to play!! nice buy? indeed!! jimmy jimmy jimmy...oi oi oi!!!

30 points with Milner & A. Young to play (and then play again). Tevez as captain really didn't work out as planned. Had been burnt by picking Villa players as captain on DGWs before so didn't want to go with them this time, which looks like it'll cost me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Van Persie comes on for 1min :( I hate you Wenger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

SickBoy wrote: »
    Van Persie comes on for 1min :( I hate you Wenger!!!

great my first 2 subs are N'Zogbia and bendtner....

N'Zogbia probably get bonus points and maybe an assist

Bendtner gets an Assist

Instead good old Van Persie, Captain Van Persie comes on for 2 mins for a solid 1 point (make that 2 captain)

What a disaster of a week... looking to make some points and instead i would have been better off leaving my team.. took out Arteta because he was still injured..

I think thats the end of Fantasy for me this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Ahhhh! 13 points on the bench and heap of expensive players doing nowt! 35 with Young (C) and Collins to play twice. :(

I have 1 goal, one assist, 2 players conceded 2 for a -1 and all the rest of my players have 2 points including captain.

have 3 players left to play

I should give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Forgot to change my team this week. Berra, Friedel and Bullard on the bench :(

42 points with Insua to play.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

43 with 2 Villa players to play again and Kuyt playing tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

18 on the bench. Raging. Still have Young (C), Gabby & Collins to get me some more points midweek. Hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

things are not getting any better this week, 27 pts with three to play inc captain, kinda hoping insua doesn't feature tomorrow, have nzogbia on bench with 7, etherington coming on for 20 minutes didn't help maters either, only earning one point, 2nd sub has 6pts. in total have 21 pts on the bench

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Agbon as captain. Marvellous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great I've 16 points on the bench and put Carew as captain only to see that backfire with his **** peno. Have to make up 16 points somehow in the next few weeks so Carew better pull his finger out on Wednesday

Milner got 3 bonus points :)

On 50 points, with 3 to play midweek.

irish-stew wrote: »
    things are not getting any better this week, 27 pts with three to play inc captain, kinda hoping insua doesn't feature tomorrow, have nzogbia 1st choose sub with 7. etherington coming on for 20 minutes yesterday didn't help maters either, only earning one point, 2nd sub has 6pts. in total have 21 pts on the bench

:(

bonus pts bring me up to 35, although bench in now worth 24. really really hope insua does not feature tomorrow, nzogbia is now at 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

55 with Torres to play and a couple of Villa players again. If torres doesn't make it then I'm on 57. Have Bale as second sub, bit of a sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Milner got 3 bonus points :)

On 50 points, with 3 to play midweek.

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

irish-stew wrote: »
    bonus pts bring me up to 35, although bench in now worth 24. really really hope insua does not feature tomorrow, nzogbia is now at 10

Fairly sure Insua's injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

20 fcukin points on the bench :rolleyes:....scraped 39 points so far with Milner and Dunne to play again. I blame YOU beers :P

MR NINE wrote: »
    Fairly sure Insua's injured

you could be right

;)
    Liverpool

Doubtful:
    Torres (knee)

Injured:
    Aurelio
    & Insua (both thigh) ,
    Kelly (knee), Skrtel (foot)

West Ham

Suspended:
    Parker (one match)

Injured:
    Boa Morte & Hines (both knee), Dyer (hamstring), Tomkins (ankle)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8620335.stm

:)

i know i shouldn't be happy about a liverpool player being injured, but its a great example of club v ff, an extra 10pts could make all the difference in the global and private leauges

• Advertisement

Torres is out for the season it has been confirmed.

ah well, he's still stuck in spain last i heard

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Source? Great differential killer if so.

Disaster of a week. My highest point scorer in my 2nd sub. Luckily most in my private leagues are struggling too, so far. Ideal if Dunne outscores Milner vs Hull.

Rooney10 wrote: »

possibly out for 6 weeks

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/torres-to-undergo-surgery

Disaster of a week. My highest point scorer in my 2nd sub. Luckily most in my private leagues are struggling too, so far. Ideal if Dunne outscores Milner vs Hull.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8628770.stm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

47 now after bonuses with Kuyt to play tomorrow and 3 players playing midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

N'Zogbia (10 points), Arteta (7 points) and Zubar (6 points) all on the bench -

Combined Total: 23 points

Morzadec wrote: »
    N'Zogbia (10 points), Arteta (7 points) and Zubar (6 points) all on the bench -

Combined Total: 23 points

You should have played them then, eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

You should have played them then, eh? ;)

yup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

53 points with Dunne as my captain to play midweek. I hope he can keep a clean sheet against Hull.

A strike force of Tevez, Drogba and Rooney gets me 6 points! *sigh*

My defence got 28 points which is 6 more than my whole midfield and strike force combined.

Such an odd game week.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    53 points with Dunne as my captain to play midweek. I hope he can keep a clean sheet against Hull.

A strike force of Tevez, Drogba and Rooney gets me 6 points! *sigh*

My defence got 28 points which is 6 more than my whole midfield and strike force combined.

Such an odd game week.

Dunne as Capt? Ballsy choice. Hopefully it pays off (I have Dunne as well but thought he was a risky Captain choice, hes good differential for me though, so I hope he does well!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

57 with Dunne to play again

Dunne as Capt? Ballsy choice. Hopefully it pays off (I have Dunne as well but thought he was a risky Captain choice, hes good differential for me though, so I hope he does well!)

Yeah I know, needless to say at 3:09 pm today, I was thinking it wasn't such a good idea but I have 8 points from him despite that goal so it appears to be paying off at the moment.

He was the only Villa player I had too and couldn't afford to take any more point hits at this stage.

*Fingers crossed!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

60 with dunne, cuellar and Milner (c) to play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

42 with a respectable 6 (hart) 11 (bale) and 6 (gera) on the bench

fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

53 points which isnt too bad,Dunne and Milner if they play again.Raging,brought in Bale and for some reason I didnt start him! 11 points on the bench :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

44 with Dunne, Cuellar and Milner (C) all to play again. 18 points on the bench though -didn't think Kilbane, Craddock or Hart would keep a clean sheet. Groargh.

Closest rival has Bullard as captain which is either inspired or crazy. He got 12 points from Hull's first game this week so I'm starting to suspect that it's the former.

Yeah I know, needless to say at 3:09 pm today, I was thinking it wasn't such a good idea but I have 8 points from him despite that goal so it appears to be paying off at the moment.

He was the only Villa player I had too and couldn't afford to take any more point hits at this stage.

*Fingers crossed!*

When I switched on the radio I heard Portsmouth had scored, expected them to keep a cleansheet, but they only seem to do that every time I bench Dunne :o

4 points is a decent return with no cleansheet! I have Hart and N'Zogbia on the bench, it was all looking so good for Faye and Sorensen, then they concede 2 in the last 10 mins, and Faye misses a sitter from 10 yards.

When I switched on the radio I heard Portsmouth had scored, expected them to keep a cleansheet, but they only seem to do that every time I bench Dunne :o

4 points is a decent return with no cleansheet! I have Hart and N'Zogbia on the bench, it was all looking so good for Faye and Sorensen, then they concede 2 in the last 10 mins, and Faye misses a sitter from 10 yards.

I have Hart on the bench too but I rarely ever drop N'Zogbia to the bench.

You've been pretty unlucky this week!

• Advertisement

When I logged in this morning I had 53 points, logged back in just there and now have 56 points. They were fairly late giving me N'Zogbia's bonus points! Did it happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

When I logged in this morning I had 53 points, logged back in just there and now have 56 points. They were fairly late giving me N'Zogbia's bonus points! Did it happen to anyone else?

I think it's because he was credited with an assist today.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Team for this weekend. Have 1 free transfer. Any suggestions or should I leave till the double gameweek next week ?

1: Friedel

2: Ricketts

3: Collins

4: Cuellar

5: Malouda

6: Pienaar

7: Cahill

8: Arteta
    (C)

9: Lampard

10: Drogba

11: Tevez

12: Sorensen
    Goalkeeper

13: Bendtner
    Forward

14: Carr
    Defender

15: Wilkinson
    Defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Id get rid of one of the Everton lads, no point having the three of them. Id also get rid of either Collins or Cuellar, no point having both of them and Friedel. There's no really obvious options for a straight midfield swap so you could downgrade to someone like Etherington or Bullard and upgrade one of the defenders to someone like Bale, Baines, or if you could afford it even Evra or Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Milner saves the GW :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

brought in Agbonlahor and made him captain for Villas double game week, delighted and now up to 68 for the week.

• Advertisement

65. The one PL I want to win and I was only 8 points behind. He had Milner as captain, I had Young :(

Best defensive points return I've had yet:

24061_10150173722630307_737165306_11842709_3320547_n.jpg

This is the first game week I've had Craddock.

Worst offensive game week I've had!

24061_10150173723960307_737165306_11842779_6826785_n.jpg
    :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, I finished on 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

85! :eek:

35 tonight!

JPA wrote: »

35 tonight!

Nice! How many Villa players did ya have?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

JPA wrote: »

35 tonight!

83. Mainly due to Milner (C), Dunne and Collins

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement