Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

big_show wrote: »
    Link? Thought the premier league said he was staying put and for city to look else where

EDIT: He's Staying put

Its all been sorted out since I posted that yesterday, as it wasn't certain what was happening at the time.

Hart is staying, as they couldn't agree a deal with B'ham. Fulop to City on loan, Hart keeps his favorable fixture vs Burnley.

Link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6120236,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Pavlyunchenko, good idea/bad idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

token56 wrote: »
    Pavlyunchenko, good idea/bad idea?

He is a better option than Defoe at the moment anyway, Spurs could bang in a few in the games against Bolton and Burnley so Pav is definitely worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Im 12 points ahead in my league so this has to be the right decision, was 50 points ahead about 3 gameweeks ago....

I need to get rid of Sorensen and Rooney(yes and i did just bring him in last weekend) which means taking a 4 point hit...

I was thinking Gomes for Sorensen

Pav/Defoe for Rooney, bearing in mind that i already have Tevez...

Any other viable suggestions out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Spurs players seem like the logical choice, given the fixtures and double game week. Even moreso since Given was injured etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

pwd wrote: »
    Spurs players seem like the logical choice, given the fixtures and double game week. Even moreso since Given was injured etc.

Yeah that is what i was thinking alright, but never have too much fate in Pav and i wouldnt be even sure if Defoe is going to start.... but i suppose my choices are limited, i dont see many other viable options out there.... Suppose Schwarzer might not be a bad choice playing Stoke and West Ham, both at home, although they will possibly be fielding a weaking team due to there match tonight in Europa... Decisions decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Tevez or Defoe??

Or dare I go for someone like Hangeland, Hughes or Assou-Ekotto:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Blarney92 wrote: »
    Tevez or Defoe??

Or dare I go for someone like Hangeland, Hughes or Assou-Ekotto:confused::confused:

No way, Fulham will be in major rest mode in preparation for the final.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Avoid buying Fulham. Everyone is a rotation risk. I'd even say Schwarzer is-look at Given and Sorenson...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Transferred in Gomes and Defoe for Fridal and Bentner.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Iamhere wrote: »

Need to replace Carr with a DGW player. I have 8.2m to spend so everyone is an option. Already have Bale.

Can't see any other good options at Spurs, City or Stoke.

So I'm looking for the Fulham player most likely to play both games. The Pundit reckons its Baird but he wasn't even in the squad against Hamburg last night.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Decided to make three transfers when I had two free.

Friedel --> Gomes
    Insua ---> Bale
    Bullard ---> Etherington

Decided to change Insua for Bale because Insua's injured, so if Bale plays both games I get that four points back anyways, so anything else is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

any one reccomend a spurs midfeilder for the double game week, Kranjcar out for the season, Lennon only played for 25 minutes since the new year, or should i go for another player from another team, midfeild is currently

Milner
    Etherington
    Valencia
    Lampard
    N'Zogbia

currently tilting towards Pavlyuchenko temporally replacing Drogs as a spurs striker along side exsisiting players Tevez and Zamora, although he sounds doubtful after last nights match

Decisions, decisions. Still have Rooney in my squad (loyalty is a pain sometimes) and he is down on the BBC as a possibility to play. Was looking at Barry for City but he's down as doubtful (BBC as well). Lennon is also a bit iffy.

Will wait 'til tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dónal wrote: »
    Decisions, decisions. Still have Rooney in my squad (loyalty is a pain sometimes) and he is down on the BBC as a possibility to play. Was looking at Barry for City but he's down as doubtful (BBC as well). Lennon is also a bit iffy.

Will wait 'til tomorrow morning.

And forget ;)

this is starting to hurt my head now, maybe devine inspiration will tell me what to do

:D

SantryRed wrote: »
    And forget ;)

'Tis the risk unfortunately!

Dónal wrote: »
    'Tis the risk unfortunately!

set the alarm for 11am

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

irish-stew wrote: »
    set the alarm for 11am

;)

And you reach for snooze but unknowns to you, you hit stop....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Avoid buying Fulham. Everyone is a rotation risk. I'd even say Schwarzer is-look at Given and Sorenson...

Given and Sorensen are both out for the rest of the season so if anything avoid buying them :D

So Rooney could be fit? I haven't sold him but I was sure he was definitely out.
    One less decision to make then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Aaaaaggghhhhhh!!! Both Carr and Dann out against Burnley. Sold Hart last week. Gone from an almost definite 18 points to 0 points.:mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

27953_10150178679280307_737165306_11961346_2469706_n.jpg

I think this is the way I might line out this weekend although I'm feeling a bit nervous about leaving Dunne on the bench. He seems to be handy for getting a few bonus points but so is Craddock.

Hangeland, Etherington and Tevez all have DGW so they are staying.

Will probably go with Tevez for captain choice.

Was thinking about getting a Spurs player in, but who and who goes out to make way?!

Id say ditch Peinaar, I have him myself but hes not perfoming well enough and Cahil is the in form Everton player getting the points at the minute who you already have.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Id say ditch Peinaar, I have him myself but hes not perfoming well enough and Cahil is the in form Everton player getting the points at the minute who you already have.

I had that in the back of my mind.

Now who to bring in?

mars bar wrote: »
    I had that in the back of my mind.

Now who to bring in?

Why not play Rooney, and put Etherington or N'Zogbia as first sub just in case.

JPA wrote: »
    Why not play Rooney, and put Etherington or N'Zogbia as first sub just in case.

Because it's likely Rooney will be a sub who will play some part later in the game and that will probably result in one point. Etherington has a DGW and N'Zogbia is usually good for bonus points.

Because it's likely Rooney will be a sub who will play some part later in the game and that will probably result in one point. Etherington has a DGW and N'Zogbia is usually good for bonus points.

Fair enough but you are wasting his value by not playing him or not selling him.
    And if he's fit he plays.

Fair enough but you are wasting his value by not playing him or not selling him.

He'll probably be fit for the final game of the season though.

EDIT: GAH! You have me thinking loads now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I think this is the way I might line out this weekend although I'm feeling a bit nervous about leaving Dunne on the bench. He seems to be handy for getting a few bonus points but so is Craddock.

Hangeland, Etherington and Tevez all have DGW so they are staying.

Will probably go with Tevez for captain choice.

Was thinking about getting a Spurs player in, but who and who goes out to make way?!

Maybe Bale for Craddock with DGW and Bale in the goal scoring mood :)

Maybe Bale for Craddock with DGW and Bale in the goal scoring mood :)

Hmm, If I sell Craddock, I don't have enough to buy Bale. I'd have to sell Dunne.

I wouldnt bother with Bale, Spurs play Bolton at home which is a possible clean sheet but City away, even with Given out for City they are on form at the other end I can see Spurs conceeding.

Villa are away to City so I got rid of Dunne myself and went for Baird of Fulham. Everyone is going on about rotations etc at Fulham but Baird played last week when most didnt. Fulham also have the better fixtures in the double GW with 2 home games to West Hame and Stoke (no Sorensen) - my tip would be get in Baird for the double GW ahead of Bale better chance of 2 clean sheets!

Also keep Craddock, Pompey away should be a good chance of a clean sheet and hes getting bonus points regularly.

I wouldnt bother with Bale, Spurs play Bolton at home which is a possible clean sheet but City away, even with Given out for City they are on form at the other end I can see Spurs conceeding.

I think you are wrong about Bale personally. Considering he could be playing left wing in one or both games he could get an assist or goal even if Spurs concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I got Bale and Defoe in and I'm thinking of captaining Defoe. I'm about 60 behind in my private league. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

Johner wrote: »
    I got Bale and Defoe in and I'm thinking of captaining Defoe. I'm about 60 behind in my private league. :(

ha ha i just bought bale and defoe too! i like your thinking. was considering defoe or tevez captain, can ya make up my mind for me?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Need to replace Carr. Any suggestions?

untitled_14.bmp

If I had Tevez I'd probably go for him just because the two home games. Defoe might score big against Bolton though. Was trying to get Tevez in but didn't want to take another hit. :(

PH4T wrote: »
    Need to replace Carr. Any suggestions?

untitled_14.bmp

Baird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Defoe was injured for the last two games right?

The website says he's doubtful with a hamstring injury, is he nailed on starter for Sat?

• Advertisement

I think you are wrong about Bale personally. Considering he could be playing left wing in one or both games he could get an assist or goal even if Spurs concede.

I know he could but I think there is more chance of Fulham keeping two clean sheets and getting 12 off Baird then banking on Bale getting some extra points. Its all about risks, I could end up changing my team before the weekend and bringing him in myself but Spurs have no clean sheets in their last 4 games, Fulham have 2 and are on a high after their European exploits..however Spurs and City are fighting for that 4th place spot..arrgghh i hate Fantasy Football!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

12536224.png

Gone with that for this weekend
    Brought in Bale + A.Johnson for Malbranque and Bikey

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

I know he could but I think there is more chance of Fulham keeping two clean sheets and getting 12 off Baird then banking on Bale getting some extra points. Its all about risks, I could end up changing my team before the weekend and bringing him in myself but Spurs have no clean sheets in their last 4 games, Fulham have 2 and are on a high after their European exploits..however Spurs and City are fighting for that 4th place spot..arrgghh i hate Fantasy Football!!

But isn't that the joy of this game!!

Im 50/50 on bringing into Defoe and another Spurs defender, dont know if I can afford a 4 point hit. Anyone taking a chance on pavlyuchenko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Defoe was injured for the last two games right?

The website says he's doubtful with a hamstring injury, is he nailed on starter for Sat?

He played in the last match with United and was taken off. Don't think it was an injury-related substitution though. I haven't come across news of him being a doubt. I'm thinking of bringing him in myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Had Bale and Pav already so I switched Sorenson out for Gomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Anyone taking a chance on pavlyuchenko?

I'm taking a punt on him alright.

I'm also taking a risk with Dempsey. I know Fulham just after very difficult match and all that. But I still think they could manage two wins this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

team for the week, going for broke!
    have bale as captain, looking at tevez instead though

jaaskelainen
    ----Baird---Hangeland----Bale (C)
    Lampard--Johnson--Etherington--Valencia
    ----Defoe
    Drogba
    Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

papagormo wrote: »
    team for the week, going for broke!
    have bale as captain, looking at tevez instead though

jaaskelainen
    ----Baird---Hangeland----Bale (C)
    Lampard--Johnson--Etherington--Valencia
    ----Defoe
    Drogba
    Tevez

I would be surprised if fulham played anything but their reserves so looks like baird and hangeland will be out.... Defoe is in crap form. Drogba and Lampard, good chance one will be anonymous in this game... I like Bale as Captain though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sold Agbonlahor for Defoe. If Agbonlahor scores I am going to be seriously pissed off. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Got in Toure and Bellamy... Bellamy captain. At home for both games in dgw and away to blackburn. Was going to get in Pavlyuchenko, but it's very hard to know what Harry is going to do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement