Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

KevIRL wrote: »
    And Dempsey.....

And Baird with the assist. Now just keep a clean sheet for the next 30 minutes Chris!!!

PH4T wrote: »
    And Baird with the assist. Now just keep a clean sheet for the next 30 minutes Chris!!!

FFS :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

And Dempsey.....

Feck it....
    Transferred in Dempsey but changed mind at last min to Duff and he doesn't even play!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

FFS :mad:

Another conceded in the 92nd minute....BAH!

G'wan the Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

75 pre bonus with 7 to play incl capt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Why do I keep putting Duff in my starting 11:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

67 with Bale and Tevez (c) to play again, coupled with 88 last week and 63 the week before I'm shooting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

68 with Bale, N'Zogbia, Modric, Johnson and Tevez (C) to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »
    i hate FF sometimes, great start to the day, 8 pts from lamps, then as i thought zomara doesn't start or make the bench, what i didn't expect was valencia not to even feature

:(

ah well, 49 pts with 4 to 5 to play, with 2 to 3 pts on the bench

51 pts after bonus', waiting on the new league spots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have 68 for this week with Tevez (Cap), Adam Johnson, Bale, Defoe, Modric and hopefully Duff to play too.

If Duffer doesn't play then Milner and his 2 come in

Finally into the Boards top 10 and top 1500 in the world.

84 with 7 to play (Tevez(c), A Johnson, Schwarzer, Bale, Dempsey, Defoe, Huddlestone)

Wow, this dropped to page 4!

Schwarzer, Bale, Huddlestone, A Johnson, Dempsey, Defoe and Tevez(c)

Big night for all tonight please :)

Huth to go off, and Demspey to knock a goal in, 0-0 in both games would suit me fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Etherington Get in :) Just need stoke to keep a clean sheet now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What a massive fade this last month has been. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dammit, i should have captained Gomez, lol :D

78 this week. made ground in all my private leagues. Still pathetic in boards though, lol :)

105. Sweet (-8 point hit to come though)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

A nice cheeky 82 points. Cant complain about that. Now if I had only started the season as I am ending it I might be a little more than mid-table mediocrity:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very poor week. Just 53 pts. Defoe as captain failed. Pissed off I have Wilkinson on the bench with 12 and Collins in my team with 0. Damn it. :mad:

• Advertisement

107 points :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

83. Buying Fulham players a few weeks back was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Happy enough with 83 points having sacrificed 8 to get in Modric & Adam Johnson

85, 8 more than my nearest competitor. Gap up to 19 points which is nothing in one gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

83 seems to be a common score. I got 83 too, Bale as captain paid off get in. Pity he didn't get any assists. He was so close to getting a few in both games. Them extra 6 points would have been big for me. Trying to catch top spot. Got 16 more than my rival. Heres hoping for another good week next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

70 pts, role on the new league positions and next season, cant see any major improvments in the last game week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Etherington, Gomes and Bale.

Good week :)

Ended up with 84 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

90 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ninety fuppin four say whoop!:D
    bale as captain u beauty, had johnson and tevez in the mix aswell.
    had r.johnson on the bench though, would have topped the 100 mark, but alas he was my second choice sub.
    ohh well, wont complain!

88 overall

Up to a lame 414th. in the Boards League and am in the final of a private H2H league now with a fair bit of money riding on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Only 60 this week. It was all looking for a high-70s score, and then a single goal from the wrong side in both games royally screwed me over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Frisbee wrote: »
    88 overall

Up to a lame 414th. in the Boards League and am in the final of a private H2H league now with a fair bit of money riding on it :D

im sitting pretty on the 419th spot.
    we are like the cool kids sitting down the back, pelting bits a paper using elastic bands at the nerds up the front.:D

EDIT:
    ive moved up to 363 spot.

(in ur face Frisbee!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Right, can someone explain this to me because I feel like the kid in primary school who used to continually crap his pants.

Am in a work league where we stick a fiver in every month and the highest score for that month takes the pot. In preparation for the final month (and given that my team has complete been complete pants this season) I ditched about eight players before GW 36. I did this to avoid any points deduction for GW37. Problem is, I crank up the monthly scores this evening and find that this guy (Team called "In it to win it") scores 84 despite making four changes this game week.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=60280&phase=11

Therefore, am I am correct in assuming that if you make a load of changes the points deduction is taken from your overall score rather than your score for that game week? Surely the team above should have scored 84 less the 12 points deduction of three extra changes?

Despairingly yours,

Poops in Pants Kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mezcita wrote: »
    Right, can someone explain this to me because I feel like the kid in primary school who used to continually crap his pants.

Am in a work league where we stick a fiver in every month and the highest score for that month takes the pot. In preparation for the final month (and given that my team has complete been complete pants this season) I ditched about eight players before GW 36. I did this to avoid any points deduction for GW37. Problem is, I crank up the monthly scores this evening and find that this guy (Team called "In it to win it") scores 84 despite making four changes this game week.

Therefore, am I am correct in assuming that if you make a load of changes the points deduction is taken from your overall score rather than your score for that game week? Surely the team above should have scored 84 less the 12 points deduction of three extra changes?

Despairingly yours,

Poops in Pants Kid.

Ya, pretty sure it's from your overall score. I never notice where the points go but the weekly score doesn't change. So, um, hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Cheers JPA. 14 changes for GW38 it is so.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."

I was fairly sure it comes from your weekly score...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

75 which i thought was pretty good, but got all red arrows:(

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

94 and up to 240th in Boards league
    Jumped into the money spots in my private league aswell.
    20 points ahead of nearest rivals
    Should cover that on Sunday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

88 points :pac:
    35th in Boards :)
    35 points lead in out private league.... looks like I'm gonna bring the trophy back to the homeland !!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

88 points, very happy with that moved from 75 to 60 in the boards league. Now what to do for the last game week..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Mezcita wrote: »

Despairingly yours,

Poops in Pants Kid.

I am pretty sure it comes from your weekly score.For an example of this check out the semi final of the Fantasy Cup that everyone was entered into.The all English semi,the score finished 63-62 but if you hover over the scores it has a breakdown if this weeks points for them.

Anyway 83 points for me this week,up to 396 in Boards League and in to the top 10 of my league after being around the 30th spot all season.Happy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm second in my private league, just outside 300 in boards league...pah, there's always next year! :pac:

107 points :):):)

I'm 14th in the boards league. Need 12 points more than the person in 10th to break into the top ten. Looks like that person is you KevIRL.

All gonna come down to Captain choice in the final GW. I'm sure you are going to go with Lampard so I'm going to have to be creative.

Could this work :D

Sxi.bmp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Thats too risky, I would go with Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm 14th in the boards league. Need 12 points more than the person in 10th to break into the top ten. Looks like that person is you KevIRL.

All gonna come down to Captain choice in the final GW. I'm sure you are going to go with Lampard so I'm going to have to be creative.

Could this work :D

Sxi.bmp

Too risky - I'm benching Zubar myself! Lamps is obv the guy to go with

• Advertisement

Too risky - I'm benching Zubar myself! Lamps is obv the guy to go with

If I was trying to hold onto my position I would go for Lamps but I need to take a risk to make up ground.

I have one free transfer so I might ship out Etherington and get in Nani, Kalou or Malouda.

I'm favouring Nani at the moment as someone to gamble on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

30 points ahead in my private league with one week to go. So should I take a 4 point hit for

Tevez => Rooney
    Malouda => Nani

To get Rooney I'd need to take a 4 point hit or am I better to go Tevez => Van Persi to keep the cushion? Probably captain Lamps. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Malouda will score more than Nani this week.

Tevez is due a goal.

I'd leave them, and in fact I have both in my team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

opinions?

.....................Hart

.......Song.......Dunne.......Bale

Milner..Modric..Lampard(c)..Nasri..Arteta

...............Tevez........Defoe

Subs: Sorenson (Inj), Saha, Ridgewell, Scharner

opinions?

.....................Hart

.......Song.......Dunne.......Bale

Milner..Modric..Lampard(c)..Nasri..Arteta

...............Tevez........Defoe

Subs: Sorenson (Inj), Saha, Ridgewell, Scharner

Very good chance Song won't play, but you should be ok with Ridgewell coming in as they're playing Bolton.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement