Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was thinking of selling Adebayor which would leave me with 9.5m available for my team. Any thoughts on who would be best to go for out of these strikers?

Anelka...vs Wigan (H)
    Saha...vs Pompey (H)
    Agbonlahor...vs Blackburn (H)
    Carew...vs Blackburn (H)

Edit: I've gone for Saha. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

im in the final play off for a head to head league im a bit stumped on what to do, any suggestions would be great.
    heres my team and my opponents below it.
    dont mind taking a point hit and ive 4.8 million in the bank

Hart

Sagna Bale Huth

Modric Malouda Young A Etherington

Defoe Tevez (C) Bent

subs:
    Sorensen Valencia Dunne Collins

Hart

Evra Bale (C) Distin

Lampard Dempsey Johnson Cahill

Defoe Adebayor Van Persie

subs:

Sorensen Johnson O'Hara Ricketts

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Just read in one of the tabloids that Lampard is going to let Drogba take the peons on Sunday if they get one so he can secure the golden boot ;)
    Prob Bullsh*t though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

will1977 wrote: »
    Just read in one of the tabloids that Lampard is going to let Drogba take the peons on Sunday if they get one so he can secure the golden boot ;)
    Prob Bullsh*t though

Cannot see that happening unless they are already winning 3 - 0
    they need to win the game to be sure. So if the first chance is a penalty then I would think Lampard would take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

PH4T wrote: »
    If I was trying to hold onto my position I would go for Lamps but I need to take a risk to make up ground.

I have one free transfer so I might ship out Etherington and get in Nani, Kalou or Malouda.

I'm favouring Nani at the moment as someone to gamble on...

Van Persie for Tevez imo. Arsenal will playing Fulhams reserves because of the Europa final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Team for the final week:

Hart
    Cuellar, Johnson R., Bale
    Nasri, Dempsey, Malouda, Kalou
    Tevez, Drogba, RVP

I'd prefer an Everton player, possibly Arteta instead of Dempsey, but dont really want to take the points hit on extra transfers.

I'm thinking of captaining Kalou as a differential this week as I can alot going with Drogba, granted this may be for good reason, but I'm just not sure at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Van Persie for Tevez imo. Arsenal will playing Fulhams reserves because of the Europa final

Every chacne Eduardo will start ahead of RVP though.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Every chacne Eduardo will start ahead of RVP though.

I'd hope not, and I cant see any reason why Wenger wont put out a full strength team. They can still drop a place and finish fourth and I doubt they want to go through qualification for the group stages of the champions league. RVP seems to be fully fit at this stage too so I dont think there is much risk in playing him. Just my thoughts anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

token56 wrote: »
    I'd hope not, and I cant see any reason why Wenger wont put out a full strength team. They can still drop a place and finish fourth and I doubt they want to go through qualification for the group stages of the champions league. RVP seems to be fully fit at this stage too so I dont think there is much risk in playing him. Just my thoughts anyway.
    tempted to do this at a 4 point cost (Tevez out for RVP)...need to make up 25 points to win one league. Current leader's team is fairly similar to mine as is, so as things are I'mmore or less depending on Lampard scoring very high and Drogba not doing too much, which might happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

token56 wrote: »
    I'd hope not, and I cant see any reason why Wenger wont put out a full strength team. They can still drop a place and finish fourth and I doubt they want to go through qualification for the group stages of the champions league.

I thought that last year when we only needed a point from our last two CL group games to go through as winners, but Wenger played a weak team in both and we ended up finishing second.

There's no reason he should left, but I can see him using it to put a few players who should be on the way out (Eduardo and Vela, both strikers, being two of those players) in the shop window for other teams to look at.

I'd say it's 50-50 between RVP and Eduardo.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    I thought that last year when we only needed a point from our last two CL group games to go through as winners, but Wenger played a weak team in both and we ended up finishing second.

There's no reason he should left, but I can see him using it to put a few players who should be on the way out (Eduardo and Vela, both strikers, being two of those players) in the shop window for other teams to look at.

I'd say it's 50-50 between RVP and Eduardo.

That is a fair point, however it might be possible for him to also play both. I guess I'm just trying to convince myself he will play RVP as I have him in my team.

I put him in anyway. I think it increases the chance of catching up with a team which has Tevez.

1: Hart Bolton (A)
    2: Evra Stoke City (H)
    3: Bale Burnley (A)
    4: Dunne Blackburn (H)
    5: Malouda Wigan (H)
    6: Lampard (C) Wigan (H)
    7: N'Zogbia Chelsea (A)
    8: Milner Blackburn (H)
    9: Van Persie Fulham (H)
    10: Bent Wolves (A)
    11: Defoe Burnley (A)

12: Schwarzer 138 4 5.3 4.8 Arsenal (A)
    13: Hangeland 115 2 5.5 2 Arsenal (A)
    14: Diame 78 5 4.5 2.8 Chelsea (A)
    15: Stearman 35 - 3.7 - Sunderland (H)

For anyone with Valencia, it looks like he remains out

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/05/07/SOCCER_Man_Utd.html

Edit:

Also for anyone wonder who will be starting for cheslea, e.g. Kalou etc, side will stay the same as the liverpool game

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2045987,00.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I know it isnt related to the premier league fantasy football but has anyone got a link to a site doing a World Cup fantasy football league that has the same format as the Premier league one?

I know there are a few out there but prefer one that has the same layout as the Premier League one.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

will1977 wrote: »
    Just read in one of the tabloids
    Prob Bullsh*t though

Of course it's BS. You read it in a tabloid.

really want to bring in either Arteta or Cahill against Pompey but will it be worth another 4 points dropped, argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I believe Lampard is letting Drogba take any pens on sunday to give him every chance of the golden boot!

hitman79 wrote: »
    I believe Lampard is letting Drogba take any pens on sunday to give him every chance of the golden boot!

Apparently not

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-have-one-shot-at-title-glory-and-will-regret-it-forever-if-we-fail-says-Carlo-Ancelotti-article417257.html

yes the mirror I know, but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Gomes

Distin
    G Johnson
    Bale

Milner
    Nani
    Lampard
    Arteta

----Pavlyuchenko
    Bent
    Van Persie

Hart, Gera, Scharner, Huth

Opinions? Who to captain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

Kold wrote: »

Gomes

Distin
    G Johnson
    Bale

Milner
    Nani
    Lampard
    Arteta

----Pavlyuchenko
    Bent
    Van Persie

Nani... united to hammer stoke! and chelsea to draw 0-0 with wigan...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

shovelsfc wrote: »
    Nani... united to hammer stoke! and chelsea to draw 0-0 with wigan...

Best joke I heard all day!! :pac: Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Ah Tevez sould do something against West Ham.

Need to get rid of Baird who won't do much against Arsenal.

What defender would be a good choice at up to 7m?

What's the story with Gomez? Coming up as doubtful..

Remember he was doubtful for the City game but was grand..
    Anyone know?

Gomes

Distin
    G Johnson
    Bale

Milner
    Nani
    Lampard
    Arteta

----Pavlyuchenko
    Bent
    Van Persie

Lampard imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gomes

Distin
    G Johnson
    Bale

Milner
    Nani
    Lampard
    Arteta

----Pavlyuchenko
    Bent
    Van Persie

You are aware there is little or no chance of Glen Johnson playing at the weekend??

If you want to be safe, Lampard as captain but chances are anyone in your leagues has him, if you wanna take a risk then RVP or Nani.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Last week and Im clinging to a position in my league - team is:

Hart

Warnock - Dunne - Dawson - R.Johnson

Malouda - Lampard - Dunn - Cahill

Drogba - Tevez

Subs:

Craddok, Zamora, Etherington, Sorenson

Already subbed in Malouda for Duff but thinking about bringing in Sol Campbell for Warnock, dont like having 2 Villa Defenders - what do you think??

Also, cant decide between Drogba and Lampard for Captain - Opinions welcome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What's the story with Gomez? Coming up as doubtful..

Remember he was doubtful for the City game but was grand..
    Anyone know?

Would also like to know this :)

Was in a mad panic this morning until I realised this doesnt close till tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Nani or Bale as Captain?

Leaning towards Nani as Bale could have been on the p*ss for the last few days whereas Nani has the motivation...

Also will anyone be at the Chelsea Wigan game?

If so, could they do me a favour and shine a laser pointer in Fat Frank's eyes for the entire match. Really need him not to score and preferably miss a penalty ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If so, could they do me a favour and shine a laser pointer in Fat Frank's eyes for the entire match. Really need him not to score and preferably miss a penalty ;)

not appreciated! ;) my main rival in my private league doesnt have frank and i have him captain :) need Frank to put on the big moves! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

whats the odds on united to win, and chelsea to bottle it under the watchful eye of the world........, and nzogbia to score the winner!!
    Fat frank will get nervous around james mc carthy....go on the irish!!!:D

• Advertisement

whats the odds on united to win, and chelsea to bottle it under the watchful eye of the world........, and nzogbia to score the winner!!

Slim....

Better odds on Fat Rooney getting an ankle injury again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Jugs82 wrote: »
    Last week and Im clinging to a position in my league - team is:

Hart

Warnock - Dunne - Dawson - R.Johnson

Malouda - Lampard - Dunn - Cahill

Drogba - Tevez

Subs:

Craddok, Zamora, Etherington, Sorenson

Already subbed in Malouda for Duff but thinking about bringing in Sol Campbell for Warnock, dont like having 2 Villa Defenders - what do you think??

Also, cant decide between Drogba and Lampard for Captain - Opinions welcome!!

It would be ridiculous to take a 4point hit to bring in Campbell, start Craddock if you dont want 2 Villa defenders, or take the 4 point hit to bring in someone for Etherington or Zamora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Anyone think it's worth a 4 point hit to bring in nani or kalou for milner? Team as it stands:

Gomes
    Bale Warnock Baines Evra
    Malouda Arteta Milner
    Rooney Defoe RVP

Captaincy is on RVP at the moment, still undecided on whether to give it to him, rooney or arteta though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What defender would be a good choice at up to 7m?

Ivanovic/Evra

The other games are impossible to predict cause no one has anything to play for.

I'd say its a toss up tbh. But i suppose i'll have to say Evra since i got him in! I'd almost lean towards baines though. Playing at home against a portsmouth second string

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

need to bring in a striker for bendtner, have 8.2 to spend and already have bent, any suggestions? Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

I'd say maybe Carew or Yakubu? I'm trying to decide between Rooney and RVP, which would leave me with a front 3 of either Drogba Bent Rooney or Drogba RVP Tevez. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You know that N'Zogbia has an ankle injury and is currently showing as doubtful?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

Oh Gomes..... giving me a damn headache. :( Any chance we will know if the spurs goalie will be fit before 1130 AM deadline?!

Captain Headaches

Obvious choice is Drogba but alot will have him

Other possibilities Malouda, Kalou, RVP, Arteta. I just dont know

• Advertisement

Are you chasing a lead or protecting one? If you're protecting then a chelsea player, drogs to play it safe. If you're chasing then RVP or Arteta, that's the situation i'm in. Im chasing points so i've ruled out a chelsea player and left with those two, but i've switched it between them about 6 times now. It's on Arteta at the moment, i REALLY want to give it back to RVP but i just don't trust arsenal, even against fulhams B's. Looks like i'm up to the attic to find a magic 8 ball.

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Are you chasing a lead or protecting one? If you're protecting then a chelsea player, drogs to play it safe. If you're chasing then RVP or Arteta, that's the situation i'm in. Im chasing points so i've ruled out a chelsea player and left with those two, but i've switched it between them about 6 times now. It's on Arteta at the moment, i REALLY want to give it back to RVP but i just don't trust arsenal, even against fulhams B's. Looks like i'm up to the attic to find a magic 8 ball.

Thinking along the same lines as you, chasing first place, 30 points in it... Thinking Arteta

I'm in the same position as yourself, chasing a lead. Have it on Arteta at the moment. Did have it on Kalou as he could play a stormer, I'm not sure about RVP myself, just dont know if Arsenal are going to do it today, although they do have try to keep to 3rd spot. Everton have nothing to play for, cant move up or down, but I just think the likes of Arteta is going to want impress to try make his world cup squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Van Persie is well worth bringing in for a 4 point deduction today. Fulham are likely to rest their first team and Van Persie could run wild today.

I'd make him captain too.

Lampard captain for me.

He's on fire recently

Last minute change to RVP.....

Fulham players will be playing for a place in the final and can see them springing a suprise.

Couldn't do it, had to change captaincy back to Lampard... I'm so weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Bale as captain. Chasing a 20pts. Heres hoping. I know my rival will have Lamps or Drogs as captain so had to go for something different. Come on Spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Tevez on the bench :D might be a chance of catching a few that have him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement