Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:(

Forgot to change it. Tevez as captain. Baines, Pienaar and Sagna on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

All my big guns except Tevez starts, hoping for lots of goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

no gomes for spurs

no cahill for everton

no eduardo for arsenal

bale scores!!

forgot to put chec in for hart... hope that works out ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Captain Bale gets me a goal already. Get in.

• Advertisement

he just got an assist too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

tottenham conceed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Went with Saha as captain at home to Pompey. 0-0 so far. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Im finishing with a bang go on lampard and Van PERSIE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Tevez => RVP was an inspired move that should bring me over the line. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Why does Rooney have an assist and Higginbotham doesn't have minus points for the og? :eek:

ps. person above me has Rooney so v annoyed by this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

No points deducted for own goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ah I see! I'm on 79 at the moment, guy above me is 60, so I'm 7 behind him - grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Why on earth are they updating the game at this time, when none of the matches have hit full time yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Why on earth are they updating the game at this time, when none of the matches have hit full time yet?

I'd say their servers are being hammered so they turned on the old updating page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

83 pre bonus - have to see what the average scores are going to be like to judge how good that score is this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

71 pts before bonuses

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Think I won both private leagues, hopefully I held onto my 12th spot in the boards league. First time I've played any sort of fantasy football since the Irish Independent that you used to ring in to. I'd be delighted with that if so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

74 pre bonus. Happy with that. Should keep me in top 75 in the boards league and won my private leagues. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Back on line..... 85 points:)

• Advertisement

Wtf... I think for the second time in three years I've come joint first with someone in my private league.
    I won the year inbetween though so happy enough :P

Now comes the "why did he have to get a yellow card" thoughts.. Still happy though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not doing my team cost me 31 points! 16 for having Tevez as captain instead of Drogs. And Another 15 points on the bench with Baines, Sagna and Pienaar.

And ya had an extra day..! It only closed this mornin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wahay. Was aiming for top 20'000 and got 83 today to just make it at about 19'600. Top 20'000 was my goal and this is one of only 4 weeks all season I've been inside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Wish they would update the leagues :(

I would love to know what sort of retarded system they have in place for this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

FF was waiting till the last day to rape me up the arse... aww well

for some reason it never made my changes, so i had no Bale and didnt have Lamps as captain, instead got Defoe, ugh Jermaine netted me 4 points as apposed to the 32 capt Lamps woulda got, meanwhile Ridgewell and his 0 points come off the bench instead of Bale and his 11

pretty much guaranteed i had to settle for 2nd in the one league i had a chance in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

92 points. Hopefully should be enough for a top 10 finish on the boards league and enough to take me into the top 1500 in the overall game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I finish at 292 on board league and second on my private one, that's 83,479 overall...while a long way off my PB, it could have been worse! :pac:

88 today, top of my private leagues, happy days.

Will hopefully be in the top 100 of the Boards league, was up around the top 40 a good few weeks ago but top 100 will do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

89 points for me today. Not far away in my private leagues at all but those 107 transfers i made cost me. :pac:

Did class in the last 6 weeks or so. Will take it more serious next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Finished in top 6,000 worldwide. That's in the top 0.2% which is amazing but when you consider that most of the teams are jokes or managed by retarded 12 year olds, it's not really.

Still, top of my five other private leagues. Only 38 in boards though - goes to show how competitive it is.

Made few mistakes I can remember. The big one though, and the reason I'm top 40 in boards rather than top 20 was waiting until this week to bring in Lampard.

Made 67 changes which is a fair bit but I believe in a risky game. Taking the occasional four point hit is worth it when you frequently get captains scoring 30 odd points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

finished on the 315th spot in the boards league, got up to the 200 mark last time round.
    the countdown to next season begins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

76 points, definitely could've been better. I could have made a better transfer this week to make some more points.

Oh well, there's always next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Missed top of my private league by 26 points =[ 150th in boards league so happy enough about that. Roll on next year.

gosplan wrote: »
    Made 67 changes which is a fair bit but I believe in a risky game. Taking the occasional four point hit is worth it when you frequently get captains scoring 30 odd points.

That's all fine and well but look who came first in the boards and see why :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That's all fine and well but look who came first in the boards and see why :P

If you are level points is it the least transfers that wins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »
    aims for remainder of season,
    • stay in the top 200,000 overall
    • break back into the top 500 of the boards league, currently in top 550
    • get a top 3 in one of my private leagues, currently 19pts behind in 4th
    • win another of my private leagues, currently in 3rd, 38pts behind

top 180,000
    just inside top 500
    3rd. 159 behind
    2nd. 46 behind

finished on 2120 points

roll on the WC and nest season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I got 2164. A lot better than last season, when I got 1785.

JPA wrote: »
    If you are level points is it the least transfers that wins?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

69th on boards with 2333 points. Came 2nd in a few mini leagues after leading for most of the season due to the mistake of getting rid of lampard and tevez when they did their best.

I won the mini league that I wanted to most though by 2 points so I am a happy man, moreso with chelsea's victory today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ended with 2122 points. Keeps me inside the Boards top 500.

Highest score I got was 139 pts in Week 22. Lowest score funnily enough was the week before when I got just 21 pts.

I'm not happy with the way things went belly up for me from March onwards. I think my main error was focusing too much on players with double gameweeks who I was then unable to get rid of. I'll be more careful about that in future.

Looking forward to hopefully doing a World Cup one. I enjoyed the Euro 2008 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I enjoyed the Euro 2008 one.

So did I cause I won it! :D

Finished 207th in this one with 2231 points. Was in the top 50 at one stage so bit disappointed overall. Never having Lampard killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

irish-stew wrote: »

roll on the WC and nest season

is there WC fantasy games? and if so which are the best ones?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2437 poInts
    8th in the boards league
    1228th overall.

Really happy with that. Probably finished highest of the regular posters on this thread. Won a nice few quid on my various money leagues too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ended with 2122 points. Keeps me inside the Boards top 500.

Highest score I got was 139 pts in Week 22. Lowest score funnily enough was the week before when I got just 21 pts.

I'm not happy with the way things went belly up for me from March onwards. I think my main error was focusing too much on players with double gameweeks who I was then unable to get rid of. I'll be more careful about that in future.

Looking forward to hopefully doing a World Cup one. I enjoyed the Euro 2008 one.

Beat you by 3 points :p

Think nxt season we should also have a league just for actual posters on the board.

Looking forward to the world cup fantasy football also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Well the seaon has ended......Thanks be to jaysus from a LFC point of view :(:(

Great Season in Fantasy Football. I had wrapped up most of my mini leagues a while back winning the the two that involved monies.

A strong finish over the last 4 gameweeks has seen me finish with 2499 pts which did get me level on points at the top of the boards league but I lost out due to having made more transfers during the season.

Congrats to Ed Murphy on finishing 1st ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Ended with 2224 points, 229 in boards league. Made 81 transfers all season:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Finished with 2171 points - delighted with that considering the brutal first half of the season which I had!

I was 799,888 in the world at that stage and to finish at 105,062 I was quite happy with the improvement :).

However it has been a bad year considering how consistant I was for the 3 previous years; last year I came in the top 5000 :cool:
    • 2006/07 -1895, 38,491
    • 2007/08 - 2128, 37,659
    • 2008/09 - 2072, 4,895
    Next year I WILL return to old ways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

KevIRL wrote: »
    92 points. Hopefully should be enough for a top 10 finish on the boards league and enough to take me into the top 1500 in the overall game

can't believe you pipped me on the 2nd last day of the season :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ended on exactly 2300 which is my highest score ever. I was about top 10K in the world with 4 weeks to go and decided to for broke and make a few gambles to get into top 1-2k but they didn't pay off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement