Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

1240241242243244246»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I'm a big time lurker but small time poster. If this idea goes through I'm gonna have to start getting involved in all these Lucas, Rafa, Thierry Henry debates, I don't wanna have to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

MR NINE wrote: »
    I'm a big time lurker but small time poster. If this idea goes through I'm gonna have to start getting involved in all these Lucas, Rafa, Thierry Henry debates, I don't wanna have to do that.

I like the idea but I'd agree with this. I'd say there would probably be a good few people who lurk quite alot but probably dont post that much, myself included I'd say, but would still like to be part of such a league. But I dont know, it probably wont be possible to keep everyone happy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's gonna be a lot of hassle as that will probably tot up to over 300 people and are you willing to having so be sending/receving PM's from 300 people to give them the code etc?

As if you put it up here all and sundry will join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PHB wrote: »
    Is there any way we could do some sort of fair criteria?

Anyone with over 100 posts in any of the mega threads last year?

Would it be possible to get a forum wide count on post counts and make it anyone with over 200 posts in the last year on the forum or something? I could probably just brute force take the post counts from the top 20 threads or something, and then run them through excel and create a list of people with over X number of posts.

Ideas?

Eh, what about us who really just post in the FF thread? Does this count as a mega thread for your selection criteria PHB, surely it should!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'd do it the way it was done last year.

Sure the code was removed from the OP after a few weeks to stop people entering when the season started, and that caused a bit of hassle by having a load of PMs and requests.

If you want to do it this way (I agree, the competitiveness and rivalry would be better) - Have a thread open for about a week or two where regulars can request a PM from the OP for the code to a "regulars" league, then lock it up. Less hassle, quick and easy. Then have another Boards-wide thread like this one for a bigger league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

If a seperate league was wanted for regular posters of the soccer forum then couldnt they set up a private social group and have the code posted in there? This would solve the need for all the pm's.

token56 wrote: »
    Hmmm, is this some sort of inside information? Any more details on these rule changes?

Edit: Actually here there are

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2010/07/09/monday-is-the-day-the-fantasy-premier-league-returns-with-a-twist/

Summary:

An Extra Wildcard between Gameweek 22 and 27

Extra free transfer rolls over, but not more than two in any week

Own goals points deduction of -2

I like the changes but dislike the fact they have kept the crap captain thing, and still havent done anything to improve the bonus points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

KevIRL wrote: »
    I like the changes but dislike the fact they have kept the crap captain thing, and still havent done anything to improve the bonus points
    Was hoping for a vice captaincy feature meself. Not 100% sure I like the January WC either, although I completely understand their reasons for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Could I make a suggestion for this year? Last year we had a massive touranment with way way more posters on the soccer forum than there is. I was wondering would there be interest in a some sort of regular posters league in addition to the normal league, which I think would make it a little more of a rivalry.

+1

Hundreds in the FF league, would say a huge proportion never actually post in the forum, hopefully we can come up with something that is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

If they followed in the footsteps of the McDonalds Fantasy World Cup point scoring system then it would be alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

thekid9 wrote: »
    If they followed in the footsteps of the McDonalds Fantasy World Cup point scoring system then it would be alot better.
    It would be extremely time consuming too.

I disagree...........................severely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

KevIRL wrote: »
    Eh, what about us who really just post in the FF thread? Does this count as a mega thread for your selection criteria PHB, surely it should!

Why not? What I'd like to see is to know the people that I'm competing against, like a league with friends. There's really no sense at all in the current league that it's regular posters vs. regular posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

@phb you could set up your own league and then pm the folks here that you want to join. This would give you total control of who you play against.

I for one often trawl through various threads and forums looking for various league codes and it doesn't matter who i am up against

urrrrgh. No way! Too hard to work out, so bad that the organisers changed the rules for scoring 3 times during the World Cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Would it be possible to get a forum wide count on post counts and make it anyone with over 200 posts in the last year on the forum or something? I could probably just brute force take the post counts from the top 20 threads or something, and then run them through excel and create a list of people with over X number of posts.

Ideas?
    PHB, I see your point but I don't think your 100 posts criteria will encompass all regular soccer forum posters. For example, there's quite a few forum regulars who avoid those megathreads but contribute regularly to non-megathreads.

With regards to the main league... agreed, have it the same as last year - i.e. league code removed from the OP after the league has started.

Also iirc, theres a facility for the league creater to lock down the league after X number of matchdays? - I reckon just set that to Matchday 2, so that any latecomers (who are soccer forum regulars) have a last chance to get the code by PM request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Vokes wrote: »
    Also iirc, theres a facility for the league creater to lock down the league after X number of matchdays? - I reckon just set that to Matchday 2, so that any latecomers (who are soccer forum regulars) have a last chance to get the code by PM request.

Agreed, we should definitely lock the league after matchday two otherwise the league just gets clogged up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

For resparking this thread in such a spectacular manner i would like an invite, despite only posting to slate suarez and adebayor for the most part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Why the hell they havent got rid of that daft vice captain thing is beyond me. It makes the game far more about luck and rewards those who dont put time and effort into their teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

joe123 wrote: »
    Why the hell they havent got rid of that daft vice captain thing is beyond me. It makes the game far more about luck and rewards those who dont put time and effort into their teams.

Agree with this myself. Lost out so bad last season because of this rule.. At least two weekends, maybe three, saw me getting dicked by someone jamming a hat trick scorer by accident. Awh well, the game is still awesome despite this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ideas?

Some of us lurk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Tevez or Berbatov as captain?
    Man City vs. Bolton
    Blackpool vs. Man Utd.

Berbatov on form at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

wrong thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson