Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Football 2009/2010 (MOD NOTE - POST #2151)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got 11 points so far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Get in Darren Bent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Goal from Bent, assist from Cole not a bad start to the 3pm games :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i have a grand total of 3 points so far!! with either subs or players transfered out scoring and getting assists!

this is my first time playing does to addiction wear off after a few weeks or is every weekend spent shouting at the tv/internet looking at goals/assists??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Should have really looked back over my team. Still have Zhirkov in there :mad: Most of my players are playing tomorrow but I'm regretting my decision to put Lampard back in for Arshavin.

• Advertisement

damn Robinho just had a good shot saved :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Given should get a few save points - and hopefully a clean sheet. 12 points at the moment, with Gerrard, Arshavin, Insua, O' Shea and Defoe still left to play + three or four more to finish their 3pm games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Took Hunt out of my team this morning for Stilian Petrov. :(

Shay Given making rakes of saves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Good start for Drogba users ;)

My team

Myrmidons

Goalkeepers
    Ben Foster

Defenders
    Ivanovic
    O'Shea
    Baines
    Sagna

Midfield
    Barry
    Osman
    Neville ( Phillip)

Forwards
    Torres
    Robinho
    Berbatov

Subs
    Given
    Luke Young
    Marney
    Mendy

Working the 4-3-3 formation.

I'm not mad into this fantasy football, I'm going to try hard this year, but I'll probably forget completely about it.

Went with Ivanovic because felt pre-season he was prefered to Bosinwga, but I guess the charity shield performance put the portugal player in the first line.

I'm happy with the frontline. Torres for me will be liverpools main goal output, so I'm assuming 20 goals plus assists.

Berbatov for me needs a season, or hes being sold, and I think he knows that. For me Fergie wants him as the main man up front, and from pre-season, he is playing a more forward role, so I expect goals, and the usual massive mount of assists.

Robinho is there from last season, has experience, and did well, for me can only get better, and I think he will be the most used player out of an amazingly over packed striking force for city.

I figure Foster will be playing alot this season, that was aided by Van Der Sar's injury, but I think he is going to come into the fold more.

Barry osman and neville, arnt massive scoring midfielders. But they will play most of the games this season for their clubs, and will probably give alot of assists, Barry will chip in a few goals, and Osman with plenty.

My defence looks weak, but they are players who will get most played time I feel this season in their teams, and for the price they cost, along with playing in teams that dont concede alot of goals. Also I feel they wont give away alot of deductions with yellow cars.

I definitely packed the front line, with a balance of consistent regular starters, with the big points the front 3 shuold get me, and backed up by regular points from the rest, I think I'm in with a better year then last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

WILDCARD TIME FTW :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Given should get a few save points - and hopefully a clean sheet.

City defence looks very dodgy. Wouldn't be surprised if Blackburn score.

tomorrow I have Evans, Ferdinand, Baines, Pienaar and Valencia to play. Mascherano is on my subs bench and should get put in. Paolo Da Silva didn't start for Sunderland though...

Robinho missed another good chance :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

19 points so far with Valencia,Berbatov(C),Arshavin and Evra to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

TheDoc wrote: »
    Good start for Drogba users ;)

My team

Myrmidons

Goalkeepers
    Ben Foster

Defenders
    Ivanovic
    O'Shea
    Baines
    Sagna

Midfield
    Barry
    Osman
    Neville ( Phillip)

Forwards
    Torres
    Robinho
    Berbatov

Subs
    Given
    Luke Young
    Marney
    Mendy

Pretty poor to be honest.

To me, the key thing is to have a solid defence and build from there. Overloading the team with expensive strikers means that you are relying on them to score all the time. Which they obviously won't.

Ivanovic was shocking in the Charity Shield and won't play regularly. Neither will O'Shea once Vidic is back. Osman and Neville don't score enough. I'd go for attacking midfielders instead of defensive ones who don't get forward enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I wish I didnt change my team:rolleyes:
    Who would have thought you'd only get 6 pts from Terry, A Cole and Lampard combined against Hull at home:mad:

Liam O wrote: »
    tomorrow I have Evans, Ferdinand, Baines, Pienaar and Valencia to play. Mascherano is on my subs bench and should get put in. Paolo Da Silva didn't start for Sunderland though...

Robinho missed another good chance :mad:

Evans is out tomorrow. Brown starting at CB.

Also Mezcita, O'Shea finished last season as 1st choice RB and will probably feature just as much this season. Defo a bargain at 5.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Who would have thought you'd only get 6 pts from Terry, A Cole and Lampard combined against Hull at home:mad:

Not me, apparently. I had all 3. :o

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Evans is out tomorrow. Brown starting at CB.

Also Mezcita, O'Shea finished last season as 1st choice RB and will probably feature just as much this season. Defo a bargain at 5.5

heard he was doubtful :mad: is it confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    O'Shea finished last season as 1st choice RB and will probably feature just as much this season

Ahead of Brown, Rafael, Fabio, Gary Neville? Lots of options. Lots of rotation. He'll probably start tomorrow though.

All players being fit, I'd expect to see Brown regain his spot. All will get game time tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Shawcross with the 6 point goal, get in!

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Ahead of Brown, Rafael, Fabio, Gary Neville? Lots of options. Lots of rotation. He'll probably start tomorrow though.

All players being fit, I'd expect to see Brown regain his spot. All will get game time tho.

I said he finished last season as 1st choice.

He will feature just as much. Our defenders are always injured and he plays everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone any idea how they decide your captain in week one if your captain doesnt play and you have it set to ''player in form''??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone any idea how they decide your captain in week one if your captain doesnt play and you have it set to ''player in form''??

Its the player who has had the best form (there is a form stat) at the start of the gameweek - it doesnt count the form of the current GW. For GW1 as everyone has zero form it will choose alphabetically. Likewise if 2 or more of your team have the same form, the choice will be alphabetically from these players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Can't believe this... I swap out Nobel AND Upson last minute... ugh.

both my 'keepers have 7 points :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Shawcross with the 6 point goal, get in!

I have him on the bench:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

25 big points so far, baines/evra/kuyt/valencia still to play..
    ohh its goin to be my year i tells ya...not

29 points today. Chance of bonus for Shawcross and Bent I'd imagine.

Got 5 to play tomorrow - Foster, O Shea, Kuyt, Valencia and Torres.

Not too bad considering FFL did nothing as capt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

36 points for me so far with bonuses to come and 4 to play. Cheers Mr. Noble.

Feckin Shawcross on the bench though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

25 points so far and have Cahill and Jo to play today and Berbatov, Torres, Evra and Carragher to play tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

19 points with 5 to play :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

26 with 3 to play tomorrow :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

26 points atm with Ashavin & Neville to play now. And Foster, Evra, Rooney(c) to play tomorrow.

Chelsea really let me down today. Had A. Cole and Lamps, only got 2 points each from them. Would defo have expected more from them at home to Hull.

34 points with Arshavin,Berbatov(C),Valencia and Evra to play.Hopefully,there will be bonus points too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

24 with 5 to play (Foster, O'Shea, Lucas, Gerrard & Kuyt) - have Sorenson on the bench so kind of hoping Foster doesnt play tomorrow ;) (Unless of course, he keeps a clean sheet too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

21 points with JOS, Rio, Anderson and Gerrard yet to play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

13 with 6 still to play :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Very pleased with my 35pts today, with 4 of my 'big hitters' playing tomorrow inc Rooney as captain.
    Gerrards fitness is a gamble but too late now!!
    Shawcross, you little dancer with 12 points,bonus points for that man please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

41 pts with 4 to play...thank you Drogba...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

20 points so far with 5 to play.

I knew I shouldn't have gone with Kevin Doyle instead of Bobby Zamora.

Please Berbatov, give me a hat trick tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is the team I ended up with. I only intend to have it for a few weeks before I cash in on my wildcard:

Foster

Carvalho
    Carragher
    O'Shea---

--Kuyt----Lampard (c)---Gerrard----Valencia---Jimenez--

Zamora
    Ebanks Blake

Subs:

Sorensen
    Foley
    Carr
    Jerome

So far I've got 17 points from 5 players. Really wish I'd made an effort to accomodate Ireland as I intend to have him in the long-term. The fact he will miss week 2 put me off. Happy with Zamora's 'cheeky' goal though. :cool:

Need my big names to deliver tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

33 points earned today with 3 to play tomorrow Carrick , Carragher and Kuyt

Had Fabregas until last night but decided that it was a bad idea to have 2 Arsenal players in my side cos of week 2.Left him out and kept Arshavin.

:mad:

The Fabregas bandwagon begins.

How many Arshavin out Fabregas in transfers will happen

KevIRL wrote: »

How many Arshavin out Fabregas in transfers will happen

They dont play this gameweek so that would be a waste of a transfer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

KevIRL wrote: »

do you live in the future? Cesc scores his 2nd

nice assist by Almunia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

OMG!!!

19 points so far- only selected by 4.9% of players. Anyone with him as captain and drogba me wonders.

OMG!!!

19 points so far- only selected by 4.9% of players. Anyone with him as captain and drogba me wonders.

And he has to get the 3 bonus you'd say.Him as captain will beat most people's scores this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

OMG!!!

I had Cesc as captain during the week! :( Changed him for Jimenez of all people. Ah well. Assist for Almunia, goal for Upson, hopfully bonus points for Cesc and still 3 players to play tomorrow for Pool and Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Damn it! I'm working so when I saw the scoreline I got excited at the thought of a huge points haul for Arshavin. One poxy assist?? :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement