Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy is really sick

Options
  • 07-07-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have a six month old Lhasa Apso, he's my little man, I swear he's like my baby. Anyway when he was 3 months old he was old in the back garden with my daughter and she accidently stood on his back (She was only six) he was yelping and whining so I took him to the vet, was told he suspected he had a factured vertabrea and it would take 6 months to heal. Anyway last wed night, he started taking back seizuires, he falls on his side and squeal (no joke its the only way I can discribe it) and he wets himself and can't move. He's taken 4 of these since wednesday.

I've had him down to the vets 4 times and I'm booked into Belfast tomorrow to get him a scan as they think its a spinal injury. Unfortunatly the day he injured his back, I was ringing around about pet insurance and when this happened I took him straight to the vet, therefore I'm not covered in insurance. Has anyone had a dog with a spinal injury that needed an operation, how much does it costs. TBH no matter how much it is, I'd pay it, as I want him to get better. I've had a few people say, 'Just put him down,' but I'd NEVER do that if his injury can still be healed. He's such a happy friendly dog and I just want him to get better. xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

So sorry. So can't help but wanted to say I wish you and the puppy all the best. Plus am getting insurance asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

barbiegirl wrote: »
    So sorry. So can't help but wanted to say I wish you and the puppy all the best. Plus am getting insurance asap

Thank you so much. I really wish now I had've just gotten insurance from the very start, as I know it's gonna be really expensive (the appointment tomorrow is costing £300). Its unreal how attacted we can become to our pets. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well if you're only going for the op now, surely you were covered by insurance from before the seizures? Have you spoken to the insurance?

I have two Lhasas and they're the sweetest breed, I'd be the same as you. I'd to bring the pup to the emergency vet as she hurt her paw, cost over 100 euro but I'm seeing about claiming it back off my insurance. I'd def look into seeing if you can get some of the coverage back hun. AND obviously I really hope your little guy is ok, my pups just 6months old too so I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must be. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

Apparently due to the fact that the injuries stem from the back injury I'm not covered. I don't mind paying it, as its terrible seeing him in pain, he can barely walk now and has started toppling over :(. But hopefully tomorrow the scan will tell us excatley whats wrong and then we can fix it xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Awh that's so unfortunate :(
    But hopefully you can manage to cover the costs, he'll pay it back in love! The poor thing my heart just breaks imagining how he is. x

• Advertisement
Advertisement