Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stormy Conditions IN UK 7/7/09

Options
  • 07-07-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Some good amount of Thunderstorm Activity in England 2day.....Anyone hear of any tornado warnings issued?

image0_uk.png?1157282917

Wish i was in the middle of all tat right now ha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If you take a look at news footage of the harry potter premiere you will get a feel for the type of weather they had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

met eireann had reports of mini tornado yesterday in wexford,anyone know much bout this,they announced it on late forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

redsunset wrote: »
    met eireann had reports of mini tornado yesterday in wexford,anyone know much bout this,they announced it on late forecast

It's a tornado okay. Nothing mini about it!
    From the Irish Times

A Co Wexford couple said they are lucky to be alive after what they believe was a mini-tornado wreaked havoc on their newly-built home, causing extensive damage.

Patrick and Linda Sudworth’s ceiling in their kitchen collapsed, their office ceiling cracked in half, the structural beams of the house were moved, water from the toilets was sucked up and splashed all over their bathrooms and a window was blown out and into a nearby field during the incident on Monday afternoon.

The couple, who only moved into their home in Ard na Mara, Clonmines, a month ago, say it is a miracle that they are alive. Scaffolding boarding used on a nearby house was propelled through the air before slamming against the garage door and tiles were ripped from the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

i agree.how the f**k can they call that a mini.typical irish statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I suppose they call it a mini tornado because its not like something seen in the US but that is silly as it is still a tornado.
    I agree calling it a mini tornado under-estimates the tornado, none of us would like to have what hit that house in Wexford come anywhere near our own homes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement