Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moroccan restaurants in Dublin?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any, good ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

Hi Jay,

Have been to El Bahia on Wicklow Street a few times and though im not a connosur of Moroccan food it was damn tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

ok surely there's more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

There's one upstairs off Trinity street, is that El Bahia also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Theres a new one on South William st. According to Menupages, they are the only two in the City Centre. Haven't tried either myself.

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/city_centre.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was one on the quays near the Ha'Penny bridge for about ten minutes. Used to be an Italian, then it was a Momo Kebab place, then the Moroccan and now it's something else.

There was also one in Temple Bar, but it's closed good while now... I went in once and felt very seedy..

El Bahia is amazing though. One of my favourite restaurants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I think anywhere that goes to that spot on the quays is doomed to fail. It may be cursed or something. That Momo Kebab place was ming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

El Bahia is amazing though. One of my favourite restaurants.

Agree, I was there last night. They do a great early bird for €20, hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Caprisun

Hi Jay,

I went to the new Morrocan place on South William. It's where the old Indian place used to be with the guy all dressed up in traditional gear standing outside. It's called Dada now. It's Delicious. 2 starters, main courses, desserts, tea and a glass of wine for 30 euro each when I went with a friend.

We were sorry we got dessert though, they were nothing special and really overpriced for what they were. Next time we're going to skip them, buy a full bottle of wine and get a cornetto around the corner :)

Enjoy!

Advertisement