Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange question

• 07-07-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

This might sound like a strange question but please be aware this is for a good cause which I can't go into without making myself look like a nut job.

Can anyone tell me what modern chemical or ballistic weaponry could cause the following physical symptoms:

Rapid Hair loss in clumps
    Skin lesions with surrounding blue and green bruising
    Disorientation
    Respiratory distress

I'm thinking some sort of air born pathogen myself but I'm not really up on this type of thing.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Only thing I can think of which would have such an effect might be some form of blister agent, but I can't seem to find one which has those symptoms, but leaves the eyes alone.

You may want to read FM 8-285 "TREATMENT OF CHEMICAL AGENT CASUALTIES AND CONVENTIONAL MILITARY CHEMICAL INJURIES" (It's online, you can Google it), which has symptoms for most known CBRN effects. I certainly can't think of any conventional ballistic munitions which would have those symptoms, and my knowledge of CBRN is a bit more limited.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

KTRIC wrote: »
    This might sound like a strange question but please be aware this is for a good cause which I can't go into without making myself look like a nut job.

Can anyone tell me what modern chemical or ballistic weaponry could cause the following physical symptoms:

Disorientation
    Repository distress

I'm thinking some sort of air born pathogen myself but I'm not really up on this type of thing.

Any suggestions ?

Those seem very specific, Haven't got them do ya?:pac:

I would have thought most modern chemical and biological weapons are designed to inflict maximum damage, and although what you've described is bad, I would have thought a bio weapon would cause something worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Can't go into the scenario to be honest, but thanks for the tips guys.

At least I'm pointing in the right direction now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Disorientation
    Respiratory distress

Any suggestions ?

Sounds like old age to me :p

Seriously though...should we be worried about something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Disorientation
    Respiratory distress

Any suggestions ?

Army school of Catering, McKee Bks. Its those whore's for sure!..

:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Irish Army Delivery method of these agents in the field . . . is the standard Hot Lock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Not sure of any modern ballistic weaponry that could cause those symtoms, but it sounds like it reads off a checklist for possible exposure to high doses of radiation??. Sure rings of NBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

More likely than a nuclear or chemical weapon would be heavy metal toxicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Dodgey Kebab?....There was this one night..phew!!

Are we going down the old DU route with this one.

Advertisement