Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM104 Phoneshow With Adrian Kennedy.

• 07-07-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

Anyone else a big fan of this show? I'm totally addicted to it. Adrian and his partner Jeremy are so funny and insightful. I wish I knew them in real life. I'm to shy to ever ring up and speak to the lads.
    Anyone else a big fan? I wish they has forums up on the FM104 website:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No!!

Bunch of lowlifes with nothing better to do.

Like a taximans night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I used to be an avid listener for years, but the show has gone downhill recently IMO. Stale and repetitive, they need a competitor show again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm a massive fan. but it's becoming a bit stale. Adrian and Jeremy play off each other. Jeremy is absolute rubbish on his own presenting, while Adrian is the man.

Oh and bring get if off your chest back at 00:30 to 0100 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

IvySlayer wrote: »

Oh and bring get if off your chest back at 00:30 to 0100 :mad:
    yeah, replaying something old seems lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Used to listen to the podcast. Somebody got lazy and I think the last one I heard was in April.

They could be a lot worse though. The callers bring the show down IMO

• Advertisement

OMG, it's starting soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

love the show! prefer jeremy tbh.this whole repeat show at the end thing is **** though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Ivona Tinkle

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I used to be an avid listener for years, but the show has gone downhill recently IMO. Stale and repetitive, they need a competitor show again.

Yeah I agree remember 98fm's one was that Mark Cagney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Used to listen to the podcast. Somebody got lazy and I think the last one I heard was in April.

They could be a lot worse though. The callers bring the show down IMO
    they seem to not vet the callers anymore - or they are not getting as many intelligent callers as they used to IMO

Also i never listened to the 98 one, i just feel that they had a better show when there was a competitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Anyone else a big fan of this show? I'm totally addicted to it. Adrian and his partner Jeremy are so funny and insightful. I wish I knew them in real life. I'm to shy to ever ring up and speak to the lads.
    Anyone else a big fan? I wish they has forums up on the FM104 website:(

I actually thought this post was a joke but I see people are responding seriously!

So, in answer to your question...No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Used to be good, but as others have said, it's gotten very boring.

Plus the way they act really stupid is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Train wreck radio at its finest. I've given up long since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Moved to dubli n last year and when I first heard it thought it was gift grub of something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

He nevers talks...He always seems to be shouting...but maybe thats because I listen to him on the telly via chorus.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It would be very easy to generalise the people that do ring in to that show but not going to do it to avoid getting in trouble!

Only ever listen to it on the back to my apartment from the girlfriends and spend my time laughing at the callers and the crap they go on with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Worst show ever.

Does anyone even listen to FM104 anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

http://www.bci.ie/documents/jnlr_%20april08_march09.pdf

There's your answer. Biggest local station in Ireland. The phoneshow is the most listened to nighttime show in Ireland so that blows your argument out of the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

lampydoo wrote: »
    http://www.bci.ie/documents/jnlr_%20april08_march09.pdf

There's your answer. Biggest local station in Ireland. The phoneshow is the most listened to nighttime show in Ireland so that blows your argument out of the water.

Argument? It was a question!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Oh my god this show is repulsive - it's been done to death

Bouncers are tools
    Taxi-men are tools
    Culchies & foreigners are tools

bla bla bla!

I hate HATE that Jude fellow who always rings up. So self rightious. I hope something terrible happens to him and he has to rely on the kindness of Strangers to get by. I hate him so much, everytime he rings in I feel like turning the radio off. Zutan is almost as bad. These peeps have nothing better to do then ring in all the time?
    On in 25 minutes :)

• Advertisement

These peeps have nothing better to do then ring in all the time?

And what, you think listening to it like you do is better?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

As someone said, Train Wreck Radio at its finest. They start the show, say something like 'Nuns having abortions, what's wrong with that?' and then sit back and watch the switchboard light up...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

While it's not my cup of tea by any means, I'm not surprised in the slightest that it's as popular as it is. It's giving the people what they want and they lap it up.

LCD (Lowest common denominator) radio, certainly - but it gets the ratings big-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

i started working in an area in the north dublin inner city with teenagers recently and i have found my years of listening to the phoneshow has been a brillinat resource when talking to them about stuff happening in their area.

i love the way every night, without fail, joan rings up about something!
    people shouldnt complain about it, joe duffy does pretty much the same thing on rte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

i started working in an area in the north dublin inner city with teenagers recently and i have found my years of listening to the phoneshow has been a brillinat resource when talking to them about stuff happening in their area.

people shouldnt complain about it, joe duffy does pretty much the same thing on rte.

Whereabouts, if you don't mind me asking?

I used to listen alot and you get that guy Jude who's angry at everything and everyone and always rings up for a right good moan.

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I often wonder are some of those callers deliberates, arranged with the aim of getting the switchboard hopping and the calls flying in.

At least the arguments on Joe Duffy are somewhat credible. And while some of the arguments may be bordering on the slightly stupid on Joe Duffy, at least you won't have to put up with regular exchanges such as:
    "You're a muppeh"
    "Eh, excuse me love, shut your bleedin' face, YOU'RE a muppeh"
    "Eh excuse me, don't you call me a muppeh, ya scumbag"
    "Shut up the both of yis, yis are both slappers"
    *intelligible free-for-all screeching from all callers*

*repeat above roundabout argument ad naseum*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Tomred33

<SNIP>

Tomred33 wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    Copy and paste....or scripted?!:rolleyes:

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Whereabouts, if you don't mind me asking?

I used to listen alot and you get that guy Jude who's angry at everything and everyone and always rings up for a right good moan.

Brilliant!

I hate Jude so much :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Kensington wrote: »
    I often wonder are some of those callers deliberates, arranged with the aim of getting the switchboard hopping and the calls flying in.

I had really assumed that this wasn't even in question. Of course they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Kensington wrote: »

I don't think the show needs plants. A few guys I know enjoy ringing in and basically trolling the show. Makes for very funny listening. Anyone who lets slip that they are lying or faking it gets outed and cut off very quickly by Adrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

All I can say is thank god we don't have to pay a licence fee for this garbage.
    Who's the ridiculous character who act as his assistant. Truly horrific radio. I feel violated even thinking about this mess that masquerades as night time radio. Car Crash radio doesnt even begin to describe the shambles that is the Adrian Kennedy phone show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Agreed that the repeat for the last hour or half hour is absolutely muck, if people want more of the show, then it's a later hour or so, not an earlier one so the presenters can head home early, and can stuff the listeners with a 2 or 3 year old repeat of a topic which is by then OLD NEWS......

As for the stupid jokes and movie impersonations - NO COMMENT SERIOUSLY, I DON'T WANNA GET BANNED FROM THIS SITE.... THAT IS ALL I WILL SAY.....

Ugh Jude is on right now, I hate Jude so much :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

lol yeah judes an awful wanker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ugh Jude is on right now, I hate Jude so much :mad:

He is so annoying and I feel like turning off the radio when he comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yeah I agree remember 98fm's one was that Mark Cagney

Was it not Barry Dunne? I think that's his name anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LuapSnobbig

Pure Muck is That Silly Man... What an ass....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brewski

I heard wikipedia declared him dead a few days ago lol ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

pray tell when insults against 'all foreigners' are justied. i'm starting to warm to AK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 buzzbomb

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was it not Barry Dunne? I think that's his name anyway.

lol I very much doubt it. Its probably Chris Barry that you're thinking of, he did the original 104 show then pissed over to 98fm then pissed over to Countrymix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

Please can any1 tell me what was discussed on yhis tonight 14th October. Urgently need to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

drunks arguing on the radio....thats all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

DanHendrix wrote: »
    Please can any1 tell me what was discussed on yhis tonight 14th October. Urgently need to know

i tuned in for a couple of minutes at roughly about 12... they were discussing people who take the dole and work off the books at the same time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

DanHendrix wrote: »

Not to be nosy or anything, but why on earth would you urgently need to know what they were talking about?

I wasn't listening to it last night:( Sorry
    Right now they are talking about the fact that Ballymun is scumbag central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

Not to be nosy or anything, but why on earth would you urgently need to know what they were talking about?
    I couldnt listen i emailed them asking to discuss a topic i just wanted to ring and have me say.

OMG, Adrian is reporting from Wicklow's Historic Gaol, it's supposed to be very haunted. You guys don't think anything will happen to him do you?
    I'm afraid ghosts will get him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Getting a good laugh listening to it now.... hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Holsten wrote: »
    Getting a good laugh listening to it now.... hahaha.

Same here, IMO it's complete and utter bollox

• Advertisement
Advertisement