Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with text messages.

• 07-07-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi Not a reg poster in this forum,but i am having trouble sending text's to the states and recieving them to.
    I am with vodafone,i was just wondering if anyone experienced anything similar? Messages i sent last night appear as pending,and i know she hasnt got them as i have spoke to her.
    I am still being charged for the texts tho,which is annoying.
    Any help is appreciated,thanks in advance.

(btw i tried calling the customer care and was holding forever eventually hung up)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would say more a problem on her end. What network is she on over there? and is it a US or ireland sim? Are you calling the same number that the texts are not getting thru on? Is she having problems with other people/networks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Did this perosn get a new number there? what network are they with.
    To send/receive sms to a network VF will need to have a roaming agreement with them. For most of the big operators thats fine but if its a regional one they may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

She is not on any roaming its her normal mobile,she is resident in the states,and yes its the same number that i am calling that i cant get the texts from or to,she is vith Verizon btw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

She is not on any roaming its her normal mobile,she is resident in the states,and yes its the same number that i am calling that i cant get the texts from or to,she is vith Verizon btw.

I didnt say she was roaming but irish operators will only guarantee delivery of SMS to other operators with which they have roaming agreements with.

Op I presume she is able to txt you and you can get them?

If so it's a problem at her end and she'll need to call her own customer care.

And yes VF will charge you once you send a message even if its not delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

this can happen, that calls work, and texts dont. It sometimes even happens between bill and prepay. Im presuming it hasn't worked lately?

Try ring vodafone again to see if an agreement is in place.
    Try using a billpay sim, if you have a prepay, or visa versa.
    You could get a free o2 sim and use there free international texts. If you want me to check if a text will go thru you can pm me the number.
    Just a few options to try

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    this can happen, that calls work, and texts dont. It sometimes even happens between bill and prepay. Im presuming it hasn't worked lately?

Try ring vodafone again to see if an agreement is in place.
    Try using a billpay sim, if you have a prepay, or visa versa.
    You could get a free o2 sim and use there free international texts. If you want me to check if a text will go thru you can pm me the number.
    Just a few options to try
    Agreement is in place VF own 49% of Verizon Wirelss
    Once a roaming agreement is in place it works SMS will work for both pre/post pay.

O2 would be worth a shot. Most likely just a temp problem on the Verizon end...

OP I spent a long time working with SMS, has she tried turning the phone off and then back on.. normally this fixes a lot of problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Thanks for the replys guys. I have been onto vodafone they say there is a problem with getting texts in and out of the states right now but there working on it.

Advertisement