Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know anything about the Clinton Institute?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I posted this on the postgrad forum but got no replies. I figured I might get some more traffic here, and I think they do undergraduate modules as well.

I've been offered a place on an MA course in the Clinton Institute which looks really interesting. Thing is, I don't know anyone who has studied there or who even knows anything about it.

I really want to take the place but a master's degree costs money, and I don't want to waste it. Does anyone here know anything about the place, good, bad, or indifferent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I don't even know where it is, and I'm going into 4th year!

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Only had one lecture administered by them. It was America in the 21st Century and was for 3rd History but had Clinton MA students in it as well.

I didn't really like the module, it was diverse but probably too diverse. There was no unity at all and each lecture was done by a different guest lecture with the co-ordinator taking the seminars later that day. It wasn't terrible though, but I've had better (Brigham ftw).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shantih

I am currently doing my MA at the Institute, the Media one but I have also taken classes with the American Studies people. I will be there this year also, as I am doing it part time over two years. I don't really want to go too into much detail here - as with everything, there are both good and bad things. It also depends on what you're looking to get out of the course. But if you want to give me your email, I'd be happy to get in contact with you and speak to you about it, or answer any questions you might have. Or if you want to email the manager, Catherine, and tell her that you'd like to speak to one of the girls in the Media MA, she will pass your details on to me. She's sound!

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Shantih wrote: »
    rs. I don't really want to go too into much detail here - as with everything, there are both good and bad things. It also depends on what you're looking to get out of the course.

Why would you not want to go into detail here? A brief run down of the positives and negatives would probably be useful to people...

To contribte; a friend of mine did the MA in American Studies two years ago and quite liked it, hes working for an NGO in Southern Africa now. I'd offer to ask him some questions for you but hes currently in the middle of darkest Africa with no access to modern communications as far as I know unfortunately!

Advertisement