Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first Avatar

• 07-07-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

So, just thought I'd ask:

When you first started to play, what was your first character's race and class?

Why did you choose these characteristics and were you satisfied with your decision after you had really gotten into the game?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started playing just after launch, and i picked a Paladin. Still play him today, though he's taken a backseat to my Rogue atm. I picked the Paladin cause thats the class that i have always started with in RPG's (actually playing through Baldurs Gate as a Paladin atm), and really enjoyed him at first. Then i got to lvl45+, and it was painfully slow. This is a long time ago, and after lvl45 was the horrible for Paladins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Very very first character was an Orc Rogue, he lasted until about level 12 or so.

Created a rouge because a friend said they were fun, went for an Orc because they had shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First time playing was WoW alpha testing, which was a the build before beta. I was doing alot of e-journalism etc and got handed an invite.

I was swetting for WoW for years after hearing of its concept at a WC3 tournament in France.

I immediatly started and undead mage, made one in ebta, then made one in release. However i got it to level 30 before a friend joined me and i re-rolled.

I created an UD priest who literally went on an epic adventure, taking nearly 3 years to level to 70 :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

night elf rogue - because Dustaz told me they were amazing for pvp needless to say i quit for year after reaching level 21 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

A lock because I'm always a caster, and a human because... I dunno really. I think it may have been because I saw my mates playing and they all had human toons.

And yeah, she's now level 80, so I must have been happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

My first character was a night elf hunter. Everything was so new and interesting, that it never even occurred to me that I was somewhat gimped. I mean, I managed to make it to level 18 before I began to think the class was totally ****. So I rerolled an undead mage.

Several weeks later, while wondering in hillsbrad, I came across another hunter and was quite surprised to see they had a pet following him around... :p

To this day though, I've never had a hunter above level 20. It's the only class I have never played above level 20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 diabhail

All Alliance
    Nelf Rogue - Levelled and raided to 70. Got bored. Still at 70

Next Dwarf Priest: Levelled to 70 as Shadow - went Holy. Levelled to 80 as Holy.
    Dual specced now as Shadow/Holy.

Next was Nelf Hunter: Levelled to 80. Fun to level. I enjoy the class.

If I do another one I will try a DK.

But after 2+years beginning to get bored with WoW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Started a few xmas's ago. TBC was already out but guy in shop said would take weeks to level to level needed and might be wasted gettin TBC if didnt appeal to me, so just bought vanilla initially and eventually got TBC when did get hooked.
    1st toon tried was a undead mage, got him to level 10 or so but seen other toons runnin about with pets so quit that one and made a Undead Warlock. Was fun and musta got him to the 50's/60's at the time then got sick of all these locked boxes.
    Next started to level a blood elf rogue as we didn't have one in guild. Is my main toon today and love playin on it most of the time. Missed out on our initial guild runs in Kara / ZA, and unfortunatly by time I did get her levelled Kara was the only raid guild could manage as some had left or not the time anymore etc :(
    Thoughts now are I wish I hadda checked the racials more at the time and levelled a Troll Rogue for the Racials, even a Orc. Have made a Troll Death Knight but just aint the same :P Wish hadda also looked more into professions but now that the rogue has Max Herb and Alch will prob stick with em for the buff from flasks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

My first was toon was a night elf hunter. I liked the thought of having and elf and a pet. Questing pissed me off, so i abandoned WoW at lvl 68 2 yr's ago. Came back about six month's ago and level'ed my hunter up a few level's. Then i discovered DK's and my hunter got put on the back burner. I love the DK for both leveling and PvP. I left my DK at 69 with some good gear for farming honour (farmed 75k :)). Then i got a little bored, so i decided to make a pally, cause they kick a$$ in pvp. Got him to 36 and then decided i wanted a rogue, which i leveled to 20. Then i decided i wanted a druid, warlock, priest, shaman, warrior & mage - all of which i leveled up to inbetween 7-10 during the midsummer event. Which was extremely easy to do in a couple of hours with the event buff's.

I spent 10 hours grinding to lvl 80 on my hunter yesterday. Which i wont be doing again, WoW aint much fun after 10 hour's - 2-3 hour's usually suits me just fine:).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spindrift

Started playing WOW 3 months after release:

All alliance
    1st character and still favorite - NE Rogue - Level 80. Reason shadowmeld and starting area. Still my favorite, played nightly.
    2nd character - NE Druid - Level 72 (better rogue ;o) )
    3rd character - Gnome Death Knight - Level 80

Filled out my character quota with all other classes - but all below level 40 atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dwarf Priest Female

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

started playin a few weeks before tbc came out.

started an undead warrior cuz i thought the undead race was the coolest.

still use him for tanking and pvping in prot for the lulz.

then last year rolled a blood elf hunter. hes 80 too. play him for pvp or when i wanna see my dps shoot up compared to pve dps with my dk.

when wotlk came out first thing i did was level an ud dk (only race that should have been able to create a dk imo) to 80. was using him for dps but hes my main tank now. also do a lot of pvp with him in frost tanking spec spamming howling blast.

all the toons have about 3 sets of gear. which is a big thing for me compared to my tbc experience!

have a load of alts in the late 20s and 30s. ll level them when blizz make it easier,,it will happen some day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

I started playing in early beta, I think... When I started playing warlocks used leather and soul link was a duration buff lasting 20 seconds, mages had invis and could charge a cast and not break it, I believe it was also never ending and you could see all players / NPC's in it shadowmeld could only be used out of combat and hunters or priests could cast aimed shot (yes it had a cast time) without meld breaking likewise for mind control. Warriors intim shout worked on infinate amount of people and battles at crossroads were funny seeing 50+ people get feared by it.

Either way my first toon was a Nelf rogue, I chose Nelf cause I tried all other race's and their starting area looked most inviting, I chose rogue as I was pulled in by the concept of stealth, I got this toon to 40 ish before I realised mages had invis + were very powerful, I then made a gnome mage who is my mage to this day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

AaronFitz wrote: »
    warlocks used leather

Seriously :eek: Would be cool, don't know if decent leather caster stuff like atm but nicer armour :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Gnome Rogue. The shame. I think I did it for the mechanized mounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

Berns wrote: »
    Seriously :eek: Would be cool, don't know if decent leather caster stuff like atm but nicer armour :p

Yep its true, and if your looking for caster leather, boomkin has your answer for a "few" areas but even boomkins prefer how cloths stats are distrubuted these days. Sure not to long ago, about a year an a half ago there used be green drops and blue drops while leveling such as a cloth chest "of the tiger" which was a cloth chest with str and agi on it.... I mean wtf has use for that.... There used be other funky mixes aswell like leather gloves of the owl which had int and spi on it or something, although good for resto druids (which you would never ever see leveling 9/10 druids leveled as feral) Now if these weird combo's still exist I dont know but they also changed a hell of alot of gear to be more appealing to the class/s it was designed for, like robes of arugal etc had a stats increase and an addition of spell power....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Darr3nG

First character was a NE Rogue. I always go rogue in games. Took her all the way to 70.

Rolled a Human Priest then, cause I got annoyed at never getting invited into raids (combat rogues were everywhere!!!). Took the priest to about 50.

Then WotLK appeared and I got myself a Gnome DK... So much fun!!! Tanked all the way to 80 (unholy). Levelling was too easy! It was like playing a combat rogue in full plate.

I've rolled other classes too, but none past 20. Warlock is OK. Got the rogue to 80, but don't really play her much anymore. Working on the priest (lvl 65) for the last while, but getting very bored :(. I think I may have broken my addiction!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

All games before wow i would always play Warrior or Pala. But for a change when i started WoW i rolled a Hunter. 2 Years on im still playing him but about 3 months ago maybe more i rolled a Rogue. LvL 76 at the mo and cant wait to ding 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Rolled a NE Druid about 1 month after retail release, back when they were so ultra retarded - hurricane was top of the balance tree, innervate top of resto, none of the decent abilities we have now, raid-healing consisted of spamming rank-3 Healing Touch for the ENTIRE bloody raid etc etc. Only reason I kept leveling the bastard was because I was with a mate who was also leveling druid, still though looking back at it and despite all the unfairness druid got for long in the beginning I'm glad I stuck with him, still play him to this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

First character was a human priest on the US servers after playing a gnome mage in beta. An unbelievable class until people figured how broken slow weapons were and were exploding everything in cloth in seconds.

Loved the class though and in retrospect the only thing i'd have changed is race :P

Raiding without addons, world PvP in Felwood, awesome WSG games during the old honour system where the top players would play premades all day. Good days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

First character was created two years ago, a nelf female warrior.. who I still tank with to this very day. Will never forget going on the epic journey from Teldrasill to Stormwind as a level 14 not having a clue lol. :)
    I tried a priest as my second character and still play her, shes only 74 though.. i've been playing extremely casually since xmas hehe.
    Now have millons of alts and trying to find the time to level them all. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I started playing wow 3 years before the original Warcraft 1 game came out. I rolled a DK.

Advertisement