Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

email pic resize help

• 07-07-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey i need help with a resize of a picture i need to email whats a good size to send thank you for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Email clients can only handle files up to 10Mb

So many questions to ask, what size is the pic, whats the file size of the pic and what error are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

havent sent it yet its 663k in size my girlfriend says when i send her pics they come out to big on the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Oh right, thats a different thing than what I was thinking of.
    I assume your sending it as an attachment, what is your GF opening it with?

If your looking for a good lite programme to resize then use http://www.irfanview.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Use VSO image resizer,Set it too 640x480 easy and free :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just tell her to open the attached file in "file and fax viewer" rather than just viewing it in the email.
    Double click on the attachment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

There is an easier way ..............RH mouse on pic.... open with ''Microsoft Office Picture Manager ''

From the top menu , click on 'picture '' and then compress picture

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

But there is no need to do anything to the file. The OP's girlfriend just needs to open the file outside her email client and the default viewer will fit the image to the screen.

Advertisement