Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up An Art Group In Cork

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Right Lads and girls ,i'm setting up an art group in Cork.
    Basically i'm looking for anyone who hasan interest in doing art,painting,drawing,mixed media,photography ,whatever!

It doesn't matter if you're good or bad.

I've a number of idea on how i want the group to work but I also want to here other peoples ideas.

It might just be a group where we meet and talk about ways of making art, or we could go out to the city and other places and paint or draw.

If you have any interest at all,lemme know icon_smile.gif.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 siobhanlleher

i would be interested in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marianne 20

I posted on your other ad too and yes I think I would find this v interesting. I am not very proficient with painting or drawing or anything but I do find it relaxing and I am a big art aficionado. I plan to work in the area in the future. I could also send you some links to some very interesting art documentaries on Youtube if you are interested?

Would anybody be interested in joining actual art classes for a more structured way to do this? They are quite reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flash88

I posted on your other ad too and yes I think I would find this v interesting. I am not very proficient with painting or drawing or anything but I do find it relaxing and I am a big art aficionado. I plan to work in the area in the future. I could also send you some links to some very interesting art documentaries on Youtube if you are interested?

Would anybody be interested in joining actual art classes for a more structured way to do this? They are quite reasonably priced.

Do ya Marianne ,i'd love to see them.:) Actually i'd love to even do a video series on youtube,it would be amazing.It would be about art obviously.
    Are you based in the city?

Al

Next Meeting this Wednesday evening in Fionnbarras.

Exact time tba :D

Okay, well here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/heavensrule#grid/user/3AD0C3BFFA95E2AA

Basically, all the great artists are here; Goya, Picasso, Renoir, Carravaggio, Rembrandt, Turner et al...Really great!

I am in the city yeah. Cork is so small though you know. I'de really like to move..

Are there many involved in this as of yet or what is the story?

• Advertisement

Nice one Marianne,i'll have a look at that when i'm home.

We have 8 people at the moment. But there's also a few on the fence ,kinda saying,i'll give it a while for us to get started. I also expect more to email me in the next few days.

Cork is small,but that's what I love about it!

Have you an email or msn address?

Yeah, it is Marianne.m268@gmail.com..I quit messenger and things a while back as it started to irk me a little..Hope to hear from you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

an arty farty group eh?

Nothing farty about it :) .

You interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

im might tag along some night, when and where is the next meeting?

• Advertisement

It's all in the planning stages at the moment :) .

I had two meetings with some member of the group but we're looking for a place to have life drawing classes etc at the moment.

We'll have one more meeting before we get down to the arty stuff,and we'll get started properly in the first week or two in August.

:)

If you give me your email adress i can email you updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

hey there-im part of a small collective of artists based in Waterford-most are graduates of Crawford-it could be interesting to see what we could come up with as in ye showing in waterford and us showing in cork etc-if interested let us know-thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ruth1234

hi I was just googling for life drawing groups etc in Cork when I found this. I'm definitely interested in getting involved - what's happening so far?

Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chopper john

Flash i'd just came across your initiave and would love to get involved, when are you next meeting?

Advertisement