Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen

• 07-07-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Any of yee going?

Who are ya planning on seeing, in the Dance Arena obviously! ;)

Leaving it late to get my ticket but if I do go, I shall be keeping an eye out for:

Deadmau5
    Swedish House Mafia
    Japstars
    Dr. Lektrokluv
    Boys Noize

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Not going for the first time in years but if I was I would be seeing Fever Ray on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Heading myself, will be going to:

2 Many DJs
    Boys Noize
    Bloody Beetroots
    MSTRKRFT
    Digitalism
    Crookers
    Dr Lektroluv
    Will probably go to some of Tiga/Felix Da Housecat/Swedish House Mafia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Heading on the friday mainly to see Aeroplane.

First time I wont be foing the full weekend in 4 years but off to Berlin saturday night and heading to Melt festival next weekend so not really too disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Griff77

Tiga! Haven't seen him in ages also just won VIP tickets today!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Hopefully goin, wanting to see Deadmau5, Crookers, Crystal Castles and MSTRKRFT. Going to Glade next weekend so I'll get my fill of good dance music then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Louis Osbourne...although he is on at 2 on Saturday. If his show on Pulse is anything to go by it should be good...an obviously 2 many DJs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

What are the chances do ya reckon about being able to get my hands on some of the sets played? Anyone know any station that'l be recording the playing them!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Commercial cheeze fest. At least last yr they had Luciano. Plus this thread should be closed s its mcd....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

The Unabombers on Sunday in the Bacardi tent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Worst festival ever, noone seems to be there for the music, just a bunch of jocks and scumbags binge drinking and setting other peoples tents on fire, all for 240 euro, what a load of ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Ugh... Oxegen is just a drinking festival with a lot of mud.

I may go next year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Managed to get a last minute freebie so gonna get to see Fever Ray after all. Rest of he dance line up is pure gash so wont be hanging out in the shed any longer than I have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Commercial cheeze fest. At least last yr they had Luciano. Plus this thread should be closed s its mcd....

We're allowed to discuss MCD events again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

SteveDon wrote: »
    Worst festival ever, noone seems to be there for the music, just a bunch of jocks and scumbags binge drinking and setting other peoples tents on fire, all for 240 euro, what a load of ****e

for once i agree with you fella...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've never been to Oxygen but I've heard so many mixed reports. I had heard in past years that it was a totaly nackerfest with full on pikeys all over the place, people getting attacked and tentes getting set on fire (The reason MCD speak was banned here was because of a number of stories put up here which MCD took offence to). However other mates of mine said it was not like that at all and they hated EP in comparison. To me it seemed much more of a festival for non-dance music etc so I had little interest. This year however the lineup is pretty dam good for everyone and I was very tempted, but sitting at home yesterday watching the rain I was very glad I was warm and dry.

For those that did go down this weekend, let us know how it went!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

enough said :eek:

Gardai arrest 91 people at Oxegen

Gardai have arrested 91 people at the Oxegen festival in Punchestown since the event got underway on Thursday.

The arrests were made for a range of offences including public order, road traffic, assault, theft and offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

A man arrested yesterday after a 28-year-old man sustained a stab wound to his neck after being struck by a bottle was released without charge yesterday evening. A file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Gardai say there are 80,000 people now at the festival and both the red and blue car parks are full.

Anyone attending the event today must use the the Park & Ride facilities in Goffs for parking as well as drop-offs and pick-ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Went to it last year, and gotta say I wouldn't go again. I went for free last year but I just thought for the money others payed it's crap!
    Especially this year, thought it was one of the worst line up's but thats just personal opinion. Could have gone this year too, but it really was crap compared to Electric Picnic or concerts like Slane.

Advertisement