Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo Road, Dundalk

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Will the Echo Road in Dundalk ever be resurfaced, and resurfaced with tarmac ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

have to turn off the cd player every time i drive down the road.
    jumps the whole time.:mad::mad:needs resufacing badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Driving down that road is worse than having your car on the Wobble / Rumble board at the NCT centre to test the shocks, so much for road tax :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I agree. There are many less-travelled roads around Dundalk that have a much better surface. Actually, most footpaths have better surfaces than that road. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭cfcj

I was told many many years ago that the reason for concrete sections of roads are more durable and used where there is a problem with natural drainage or marsh land and a tendency for heavy traffic. I think it is marsh land around there, probably not on the Carrick Road end though... so who knows :) But I agree I think it is coming to the end of its term and needs to be either maintained or replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Slightly off OPs intention of commenting on the integrity of the road surface on it, it must be in the running for most number of motorists done for speeding on it! I now know of 3 people that have been done on it, AGS are very fond of it, suppose its close enough to the HQ and they can get nicely pulled in on it as well!

• Advertisement

cfcj wrote: »
    I was told many many years ago that the reason for concrete sections of roads are more durable and used where there is a problem with natural drainage or marsh land and a tendency for heavy traffic.
    If that's true then it sounds like they didn't want to spend the money or time to do it right using tarmac, either way it needs to be redone badly, I just avoid going on it now it's that bad.

it must be in the running for most number of motorists done for speeding on it!
    Now you say that, I remember a few years back being told that it would not be done with tarmac for fear of it turning into a drag strip, wonder if there was any truth to that :confused:

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Now you say that, I remember a few years back being told that it would not be done with tarmac for fear of it turning into a drag strip, wonder if there was any truth to that :confused:

I doubt it, I recon its because of the condition of the road under it, but I do agree it needs to be replaced. The road I think is even worse than the Ecco road is 'the back of the wall' its like off road driving up there!

cfcj wrote: »
    The road I think is even worse than the Ecco road is 'the back of the wall' its like off road driving up there!
    It's bad too, is the crater still there at the bottom of the hill on the bend (going carrick road dirction) ?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It's bad too, is the crater still there at the bottom of the hill on the bend (going carrick road dirction) ?

ohhh I have no idea, so many to mention.. I heard the ICA tried to give it a patchwork award :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

There was a lost celtic tribe found in one of those potholes recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't drive but that road is a disgrace. I have got a taxi to a mates house down there and the fillings nearly came out of my mouth. Mind you that was the moning after. I have no idea what it was like the night before as I was quite intoxicated :pac:

Advertisement