Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely mum-to-be in the Cork area

Options
  • 07-07-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi everyone,

I am 29 and expecting my first child (a little girl) for the 1st week of October.

Although I am delighted, I feel quite lonely as I work from home (and business is slow these days!) and do not get to meet a lot of people.

I would be interested in meeting mums-to-be or new mums in the Cork area (I am based in Ballincollig but can drive around). It would be great to share experiences, hopes and fears with someone over a cup of coffee!

Anyone interested, let me know.

Thanks,
    Nat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I am a new parent also, but living in Dublin :rolleyes:.

However, I used the parenting site Rollercoaster.ie when I was pregnant and still now as a parent, and as far as I know there is quite a contingent of Cork mums there who meet up on a regular basis. Check out the local-living sections and also the month that you're due in on the mums-to-be boards.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 NatWW

Thanks for your help LashingLady.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Check out:

http://corkmumsonline.freeforums.org/

They meet up regularly. A fair few of them seem to be from Ballincollig also. My wife meets them every thursday either at a play zone or one of them holds a coffee morning. Their forums seem quite active also judging by the amount of time the wife spends on it.

Thanks Ludo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Juliette611

Hello,
    i know your Post is from last year but maybe you will read this:)
    I am from Ballincollig too, a Mum of a 18month old girl, I am 28 and looking for other Mums to chat and coffee:rolleyes:
    I am not from here and I find it hard to meet other Mums...
    ***Julie

NatWW wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am 29 and expecting my first child (a little girl) for the 1st week of October.

Although I am delighted, I feel quite lonely as I work from home (and business is slow these days!) and do not get to meet a lot of people.

I would be interested in meeting mums-to-be or new mums in the Cork area (I am based in Ballincollig but can drive around). It would be great to share experiences, hopes and fears with someone over a cup of coffee!

Anyone interested, let me know.

Thanks,
    Nat

• Advertisement

Hi there Julie,

My baby girl is nearly 4 months now and I'm still interested in meeting new mums as most of my friends do not have babies yet.

YOu can get in touch with me on my email if you wish to meet up for chat/coffee in B'collig

Will PM it to you in a sec

Bye now,
    Nat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hope you gals get a support network going - the one thing all the girls I know who have young kiddies lament is how they can feel quite isolated at times (both those in relationships and single). Try the Cork forums too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Lovely thread. Hope things work out. There was a really successful meet of regulars from the forum in Dublin recently. No reason one couldn't be organised in Cork. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I know there are a few corkonians on the Pregnancy thread at present. I'm 30 and due the end of March. Working for another 4 weeks, but certainly would love to get involved in some such group after that, as I too would be wary of becoming too isolated at home. Feel free to pm me to discuss.

Advertisement